WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Discussion

KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

The Sheild/Wyatt build and match was fantastic as everyone has said. There was a great little sequence after the initial scuffle where Bray ran towards a section of the front row and a woman can be heard shrieking. She sounded absolutely petrified. Bray Wyatt is wonderful.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just finished watching. Really enjoyed the Elimination Chamber. Not been following much, so the finish didn't piss me off as much as it has others - wasn't particularly into it either, though. Just felt a bit indifferent. Seems to me the only finish that would've been emotive at all would've been Bryan winning. Or maybe Cesaro, but to a much lesser degree. Christian looked good, surprisingly - very motivated, and the splash from the top of the chamber was a good highlight.

Did anyone else notice Brian doing Doug Williams' Chaos Theory? That was funny.

Just finished watching. Really enjoyed the Elimination Chamber. Not been following much, so the finish didn't piss me off as much as it has others - wasn't particularly into it either, though. Just felt a bit indifferent. Seems to me the only finish that would've been emotive at all would've been Bryan winning. Or maybe Cesaro, but to a much lesser degree. Christian looked good, surprisingly - very motivated, and the splash from the top of the chamber was a good highlight.

Did anyone else notice Brian doing Doug Williams' Chaos Theory? That was funny.

I did notice that but forget to mention in my write-up. Probably slipped my mind as he did off the ropes rather than out of the corner

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's his look, really. Still, it suits him better as a heel - he can be like that villain from Sin City. But I agree, he's much better as a heel, always has been. Does great work, so can be a great blue-eye in peril, but his heel work is where he adds value. He's pretty good on the mike, too, so he can be used to drive feuds. He's a bit like Jericho in this regard, but perhaps a bit more solid.

I've quietly been trying to get into WWE watching the past 3 months of footage after barely following for 10 years. Elimination Chamber PPV was the best one yet. A 2-match show with intermission bouts in between. Big E/Swagger started the show off good. The best Big E match I've seen on PPV so far. Much to do with the two spears, one into the turnbuckle post and the 'holyshit!' one through the ropes.

The tag title bout with the New Age Outlaws was a slight let-down and my feeling is that the old guys have outstayed it's welcome. No one cared about Titus & Young, and they didn't give us a reason to care.

The Shield vs Wyatt Family.... Great! Brutal, exciting and as fresh as one could have hoped for! I actually hope they continue the feud a few more months, maybe with a massive brawl/cage of some kind, even if a Shield break-up has to happen soon with the guys on fire.

The Divas match was thankfully quick. Then the Batista dress-rehearsal before WrestleMania. Nah, the guy doesn't have it anymore. He returned with only 1/10th of his charisma and absolutely no stamina. Alberto did what he could, but little he be salvaged. They hate Batista with a passion. And not in a good-for-business way.

The main event. Fantastic most of the way! Cesaro really made his presence felt. The fans are pretty much tired of Orton and Cena did did okay to let the younger generation get most of the spotlight. Christian did better then expected for a broken down light-weight. Had hoped for more from Sheamus, but his got his moment with the boot through the chamber to get Orton! But of course all the fans wanted was Bryan and they used him effectively. The match always came alive when he was on offense. Not sure how I liked the outside interference. When you already have 6 guys in a match, why include 4 more? I know all that's in their minds is the road to WrestleMania and they got to do something to hype it up, but I'm sure they could have done such a thing on Raw of something and let these guys fight it out for themselves.

--PUNQ--

• Moderators

Well, that was pretty fucking fantastic!

Yes, Batista and Randy are both awful and that match will be a piss break during mania, but they didn't ruin this event. I thought the two big matches delivered fantastically. I also finished feeling particularly unexpectedly impressed by Harper and Christian. That was the most I've liked Christian since probably just before he left for TNA.

A minor thing that I loved during the six-man: When Wyatt first went for Sister Abigail, he spent so much time posing and kissing Reigns' forehead that Reigns fought out of it. When he went for it the second time, he cut out the showboating and hit it at lightning speed - but still kissed Reigns on the head really quickly!

• Paid Members

The match was full of wonderful small moments that just added to it's greatness. Little things like Seth Rollins holding on to the back of Harper's jeans to keep him in the corner while Ambrose was pummeling him. I've watched it 3 times since Monday morning and keep finding new things about it that I love.

I noticed that to, it was a really great touch, at a point I thought he was going to rip his vest. Rollins was brilliant throughout the match.

Luke Harper was excellent in this match, the Wyatt's had very much been all about Bray for me and the other two had been fairly incidental but Harper really did a great job not only in this match but in the run up to it, he's such a good creepy number 2 for Bray and I was really surprised/pleased with his performance in the actual match.

Archived