WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Discussion

KingOfMetal

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So yeah, that 6-man was pretty special. That's a lot of what I love about wrestling right there. Right from the opening moments it was pretty damn perfect. So many great moments to mention. Have to echo the sentiments that great wrestling makes you a kid again, I absolutely lost it with Reigns comeback when he hit the superman punches, jumping about like an excited child. Everyone was fabulous in this match, but more than ever before that match made me feel Reigns and Rollins have very bright futures as babyfaces. And The Wyatts looked at their absolute strongest and most sinister here for me. When they began breaking the Shield walls down, Bray summoning Rowan for the big chokeslam to take out Rollins and then when they did The Shields very own taking a side of the ring each, surrounding Reigns it was almost chilling. Utterly fantastic. Have loved everything about this feud hard.

Another thought on the Wyatts/Shield match- most of us called it a toss up going in, with a lean towards Wyatts because of the upcoming Cena program, but when you think about the build-up, Wyatts HAD to win. They used the strongest verbiage I can recall in some time in wrestling, with multiple references to death, "Are you willing to die for this?" "You picked a beautiful hill to die on." The fact that the Wyatts made such strong statements and then followed through possibly establishes them more than the win itself. These aren't your typical cowardly, lying heels, they're demented monsters who will spook you with eloquent promises to fuck you up, and then proceed to do just that.

Was it really a toss up on who'd win? I thought it was quite clear the Wyatts would take it and thought most felt the same. Not so much because of the Cena deal but more because of the impending Shield implosion. And the promos referencing death playing into that, that it would be the stronger force of the Wyatts that finally broke and ended The Shield.

Carbomb - why would you upload any picture to confuse matters and not just say, she does a bit of MMA? Like she said, she might be shit for all you know. Rey_piste does a bit of MMA too, doesn't mean he's resident bad-ass.

• Paid Members
So yeah, that 6-man was pretty special. That's a lot of what I love about wrestling right there. Right from the opening moments it was pretty damn perfect. So many great moments to mention. Have to echo the sentiments that great wrestling makes you a kid again, I absolutely lost it with Reigns comeback when he hit the superman punches, jumping about like an excited child. Everyone was fabulous in this match, but more than ever before that match made me feel Reigns and Rollins have very bright futures as babyfaces. And The Wyatts looked at their absolute strongest and most sinister here for me. When they began breaking the Shield walls down, Bray summoning Rowan for the big chokeslam to take out Rollins and then when they did The Shields very own taking a side of the ring each, surrounding Reigns it was almost chilling. Utterly fantastic. Have loved everything about this feud hard.

I haven't seen as much of The Shield as I'd like, and this particular match has made me want the Network more, so that I can get to watching all the programming from two years ago where we are now. I've marked for this match so hard, I want to go back into the past, that's how good it was. Ambrose as the lunatic, Rollins for air power, and Reigns as the heavy artillery, it all works amazingly.

Was it really a toss up on who'd win? I thought it was quite clear the Wyatts would take it and thought most felt the same. Not so much because of the Cena deal but more because of the impending Shield implosion. And the promos referencing death playing into that, that it would be the stronger force of the Wyatts that finally broke and ended The Shield.

For me, it was a toss-up, but only a bit - I thought there was a good chance they'd have Reigns fight back just enough, and with a little help from Rollins, to get the last minute, desperate win, so that the implosion could further continue with Ambrose becoming ridiculously insecure that the other two didn't need him after all. But this was the right result, I think. Win or lose, Reigns and Rollins looked like stars, Ambrose furthered his character as a loose cannon, and the Wyatts looked like fucking monsters.

Running up I thought it was obvious the Wyatts would win but in the match itself I was completely doubting this and bought in to every twist and turn and I felt anything could happen - another mark of it being a great match in my opinion. Even when Reigns started the cone back I felt he might just pull it off even though logically it made no sense. Brilliant. All 6 competitors looked great, and I am totally buying that 4 of them will be massive stars in the future.

• Paid Members
Carbomb - why would you upload any picture to confuse matters and not just say, she does a bit of MMA? Like she said, she might be shit for all you know. Rey_piste does a bit of MMA too, doesn't mean he's resident bad-ass.

Carbomb, stop posting massive pictures for no reason. Taking ages to load this thread now.

FFS, it was just a bit of humour; I made a joke to deathrey months back that we expected to see her tapping out Ronda Rousey by armbar soon, and this was in that vein. No need to see your arse over it. And this can't be the most pictures a thread's ever had to take, but in the interests of peace and goodwill, I'll take them down.

• Paid Members

Fuck off Carbomb, the only thing I've seen my arse over is you saying I've seen my arse over this when it's you being precious as usual. Posting massive pictures for no reason hasn't been allowed for ages. Couldn't you have made your point with smaller pictures or, you know, WORDS?

• Paid Members
Running up I thought it was obvious the Wyatts would win but in the match itself I was completely doubting this and bought in to every twist and turn and I felt anything could happen - another mark of it being a great match in my opinion. Even when Reigns started the cone back I felt he might just pull it off even though logically it made no sense. Brilliant. All 6 competitors looked great, and I am totally buying that 4 of them will be massive stars in the future.

Yeah, I agree with that. I meant to mention in my previous post leading up I only ever saw The Wyatts winning, but that feeling didn't take away from anything in the slightest and yeah they got me for a moment when Reigns fought out of Sister Abigail. That's another sign of getting suckered in by tremendous wrestling, being certain of the result but still managing to be so engrossed and actually thinking another result might be possible despite common sense and logic telling you otherwise. This is possibly my favourite match since Triple H - Taker at WM27 and they did the same with me in that match.

Fuck off Carbomb, the only thing I've seen my arse over is you saying I've seen my arse over this when it's you being precious as usual. Posting massive pictures for no reason hasn't been allowed for ages. Couldn't you have made your point with smaller pictures or, you know, WORDS?

Posted a couple of pictures, you guys got all arsey, nothing precious about it. I didn't know how big the pictures were, they all came up medium size on my screen, and there have been plenty of threads with lots of huge pictures nobody complained about. I've taken them down now anyway, so let's leave it.

No, lets not leave it. You've interupted everyone wanking over the 6-Man and now you must pay ;)

• Paid Members
No, lets not leave it. You've interupted everyone wanking over the 6-Man and now you must pay ;)

I'm not having anything to do with wanking, especially not with six men. And paying for it would be expensive, anyway.

Anyhoo, yes - the event. It was indeed great, and like a few of us have mentioned, that six-man has immense rewatch value. For me personally, it could be one of the best matches of the last decade, because 1. I want to watch it again, 2. it made me want to go back and watch the wrestlers involved from their very beginning, and 3. it's eroding my insistence that the singles match is the purest and best type of match. Plus it also made me see what everyone's been saying about Roman Reigns - the guy's a fucking star.

Also, Ambrose and Rollins - I didn't initially think much of them from their indie work, but I should've kept my faith in the WWE developmental system. It turned CM Punk, a Fapper's Delight, into one of the best workers in the business. And the Wyatts - good god, they're brilliant. I saw all the original promos, and thought they were awesome (along with Woy's review), but wasn't initially impressed by Bray's debut. But in such a short space of time, they've all improved immeasurably.

You know who's probably improved the most? People say Harper and Rowan, and normally I'd agree, but look back at when Bray was Husky Harris, and the improvement between then and now is just astounding. He's gone from green-ish second generation-er with a lot of potential upside to one of the top talents in WWE right now. He's must-watch.

Archived