The Ongoing Celebrity Spotting Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
On 2/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, scratchdj said:

Kym Marsh using her phone like a walkie-talkie at Warrington Bank Quay station. Far, far shorter than I’d imagined.

She's got feet like Sideshow fucking Bob though.

8 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

One for the Brookside fans on here, the legend that is Dean Sullivan aka Jimmy Corkhill passed me while I was tidying up an accessories stand in work the other night

What department does he work in and has he kept in touch with Fred the Weatherman despite it all?

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

What department does he work in and has he kept in touch with Fred the Weatherman despite it all?

Fred the nonce has ruined Sullivan's life, as well as the ones he messed with. Had a pint with him a couple of years back and if it wasn't for his dog, he'd have done himself in by now. His words, not mine. He couldn't get work after the Fred stuff all went public and he was in a pit of misery at the time. He's sorting himself out now, though, and is an absolutely wonderful bloke to bevvy with.

I had no idea they were an actual couple, just assumed it was urban myth.

Jimmy was a bit of a cult hero of ours when we were kids and we would quote his "I'm Jimmy Corkhill, I'm the creme de la crime" line whenever we were getting in to mischief on the estate. Gutted to hear that about him now (the man obviously not the character), makes my flippant remark seem churlish.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bill Ward (actor who was Charlie Stubbs, not the drummer) and Kai Owen (from Torchwood) are in a show about to tour the UK and currently they are in final rehearsals in Doncaster, so I'm seeing them about a lot.

I keep (in my own head) geeking out around Kai, I used to love him in Torchwood.

• 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

Another Mani from The Stone Roses sighting, this time outside Blaggs the hardware store, cheerfully bemoaning his kids' refusal to get ready for school tomorrow. Had a tidy dark green Adidas tracksuit on.

33 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Another Mani from The Stone Roses sighting, this time outside Blaggs the hardware store, cheerfully bemoaning his kids' refusal to get ready for school tomorrow. Had a tidy dark green Adidas tracksuit on.

He lives in the Moor, doesn't he? There's a kids band called The Rockin' Rhinos from the Heatons and I met Mani at one of their shows when my daughter just blithely started colouring in his VIP table. He was pretty sound and chatted with us for a bit despite my embarrassment.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

He lives in the Moor, doesn't he? 

Yeah, next door to Heaton Chapel station. My brother sees him round here more than I do, says he's always chatty and friendly.

4 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Out of all members of the 'Roses, Mani is the one I would want to bump in to, always seems happy and up for a chat. I think i'd walk the other way if i saw Squire though, the miserable twat. 

I've seen Ian Brown in the Arndale a few times and he always walks around with his nose pointed skywards.