Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Using celebrity very loosely here: remember the policeman on last years BGT who had the dog that got shot? He was sat behind me in the curry house Monday, no idea how I recognised him but when I looked him up it turns out he lives in the same town. Didn't have the dog with him.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Andrew Scott, out of off of Sherlock and Fleabag, sat behind me in the Rose pub at London Bridge.

I eventually recognised him from Pride, but my girlfriend is a huge fan of his, clocked him the moment he walked in, leaned in and very subtly and quietly whispered, "that's Andrew Scott, he was Moriarty in Sherlock", and started to tell me about the time she went to see a Noel Coward play she didn't know purely because he was in it. Halfway through the anecdote, she spots that his mate has a puppy, and screams "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT DOG" so loud that three other tables all turn and look at her.

So on the scale of what's exciting to see in the pub, "one of your favourite actors" falls considerably behind "any given dog".

Andrew Scott later turned to us to apologise for the dog sniffing around our table, and I said "it's fine, he's not causing any trouble". He had completely transformed from "Andrew Scott, Actor" to "Andrew Scott, Dog-Adjacent".

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

MANI WATCH - This time spotted outside local hipster eatery and cafe Pokusevski's with one of his twins. He looked cold but was wearing some nice Adidas ZX 8000. I don't know what he'd ordered.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 9/24/2020 at 12:26 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I bet he’d wear a mask. 

MANI WATCH - fleischmark Keith Houchen is right.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 9/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

MANI WATCH - This time spotted outside local hipster eatery and cafe Pokusevski's with one of his twins. He looked cold but was wearing some nice Adidas ZX 8000. I don't know what he'd ordered.

My Brother-in-laws sister used to work there.

Edited by Thunderplex
  • Paid Members
Posted

After unfollowing Ian Brown on Twitter and Instagram, my faith has now been restored by reading that Mani isn't in the same boat as the others. Mani is great. 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Gary Neville in Wrights, the best chippy in Manchester. He was behind me in the queue and after I picked up the first tray and brought it to my seat, he stepped up to the counter and started ordering. His wife pulled him back and he said “Sorry mate”. 
Was going to say “VAR said you were offside, mate” but just said “No worries, mate”

(Picture of food will be in the chippy tea thread)

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Bit of an advanced one, and not for me, but I'm posting it anyway. My dad has just been asked to do a loft conversion for none other than Clayton Blackmore. His most famous client since Richard and Judy.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Bit of an advanced one, and not for me, but I'm posting it anyway. My dad has just been asked to do a loft conversion for none other than Clayton Blackmore. His most famous client since Richard and Judy.

Excellent fayre. I am now reminded of a lad I used to know (the magician who hosted his night on Come Dine With Me from my house) who was a TV repairman. He fixed Adam Woodyatts telly but I sadly got it confused with another story when he fixed a naturists telly. I was telling people Woodyatt was a nudey. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Clayton ought to have some cracking memorabilia up in his loft. If he's got any old Adidas kit he doesn't need tell your old man to make him an offer for it.

I'm just wondering if he has his own sunbed at home.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...