Smackdown Discussion Thread

I don’t know if they’ll even have the patience to wait until Wrestlemania, I can see them putting the belt on Rousey at Summerslam and then build towards her against Charlotte to main event Evolution. For the record, I’m not saying that’s what I would do, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got-shot it and they go with that

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
56 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t know if they’ll even have the patience to wait until Wrestlemania, I can see them putting the belt on Rousey at Summerslam and then build towards her against Charlotte to main event Evolution. For the record, I’m not saying that’s what I would do, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got-shot it and they go with that

They're so hell-bent on riding the revolution/evolution "prove the women can attain any benchmark the men can" double-ender as hard as they can to simultaneously satisfy their PR bloodlust and Steph's apparent passion for on-screen self high fives, I can't escape the idea Charlotte v Ronda happens at Mania and goes on last.

Assuming no Lesnar, they'll consider themselves having no mens match that matches up to Rousey v Charlotte as a "dream match" - if Charlotte is booked as dominant on SmackDown throughout and Ronda is booked as strongly as her stature warrants, you've got the best performer of her gender on the books vs the biggest drawer of mainstream interest. I'm starting to convince myself.

• Paid Members

I think if Charlotte goes heel her inclusion isn't a major issue. I get the comparisons to Reigns when it comes to the over-saturation aspect, but unlike Roman I actually enjoy watching Charlotte's matches. 

I definitely think Charlotte needs to go heel to keep things interesting if they build up to the Rousey clash. Becky Lynch winning the title at Summerslam would actually be a good way to kick that scenario off. You could run a Charlotte/Lynch programme through to Survivor Series and transition the title then, before she goes on a long run up until Wrestlemania and the clash with Rousey. Still not ideal for Becky after they've been building her up over recent weeks, but at least she'd get a second run with the title and might be able to move on to another interesting programme after that. 

They should really have Becky cut a promo about Charlotte's inclusion, although tone is key - if she goes on a massive moan and spits her dummy out she'll look like an absolutely shit babyface. But if she puts across how hard she's worked, how bad she wants it and she's even willing to go through her best friend to get the belt back etc, it could really add some extra steam in the build-up. 

• Paid Members

@Fatty Facesitter It's not that it's symptomatic of a Charlotte over-push, for me, it's that they've told BECKY'S story really well for a good few weeks in build to BECKY getting a title shot, to then muddy the waters to throw in another babyface virtually at the 11th hour which has pissed me off. Another slice of "they can't tell stories any more."

On 8/2/2018 at 11:47 AM, Accident Prone said:

People complain in their droves about Roman being "shoved down their throats" but they're seemingly A-Okay with Charlotte constantly being shot into the main event.

That's definitely not true. Every fucker on the Internet has got their "push the cruisers" hat out of storage over Charlotte being added to the SummerSlam match.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

That's definitely not true. Every fucker on the Internet has got their "push the cruisers" hat out of storage over Charlotte being added to the SummerSlam match.

Yeah. I've noticed that and everyone seems to be livid that Rousey is getting a title shot because she hasn't earned it, or something. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Can't say I've seen that particular outcry myself but fair enough. Personally, I don't agree that Charlotte should be coming straight back after losing to Carmella twice right into the title match at Summerslam, but then again I don't watch the show nearly enough to really whinge about it. I do hope it actually leads somewhere though, maybe some dissension between Charlotte and Becky. Becky defeating Charlotte for the title is a bigger win than Becky defeating Carmella or winning it in a 3-way.

I actually did just see someone on Twitter make a Charlotte/Poochie comparison which I think sums it up nicely.

• Paid Members

Have they stuck Charlotte into the match because she and Becky will be able to do the bulk of the good stuff and then let 'Mella steal the win at the end?

• Paid Members

Brilliant little backstage brawl between Miz and Bryan. Bryan showed some real fire throwing those wild punches. Whilst I still don’t think it’s reached its true potential, they’re nailing this in the sense that it keeps getting better by the week. 

• Paid Members

Glorious line from R-Truth last night.

R-Truth (to Nakamura): "I want a match with you for that (US Title) at SummerSlam"

Naka: "How you going to do that?"

R-Truth: "Same way everyone else does. I'm gonna pin Carmella"

Archived