Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Psycho-heel Orton is great. I'm over-fussed about a feud with Hardy, after all they literally did this about a decade ago, but it could still open up some decent possibilities. 

Looks like they're pulling the trigger on the Miz/Bryan rivalry again. Exciting times. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

First of all, is Andrade 'Cien' Almas done already? I know he was against AJ Styles, but if they wanted to build him up at all, they wouldn't have put him in a match he had to lose so soon, would they? From the sounds of it he hit his finisher, which AJ kicked out of, and then he tapped out to the Calf Crusher. So we've already seen he can't beat the top guys. He's already a loser unless he's against nobodies like Sin Cara. Or was it presented in a way where he still looked good?

Almas had a good, competitive match with Styles and I don't remember Almas hitting his finisher. Almas will get more out of losing to Styles in a competitive match (if it is a one-off loss) than he would get from beating Sin Cara.

Do we think they are going to book Styles vs. Joe at Summerslam, since neither of them are doing much else worthwhile at the moment?

Styles/Joe, Bryan/Miz, Nakamura/Orton/Hardy, Carmella/Lynch(or Charlotte) and Bludgeon Brothers/New Day/Sanity does't sound like a bad set of matches for the Smackdown side of Summerslam.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

First of all, is Andrade 'Cien' Almas done already? Or was it presented in a way where he still looked good?

Very good showing for Almas. I'm not a fan of his but he came off very well - think Rikishi against Triple H in 2000 on a random SmackDown.

I really struggled to watch Orton pulling on Jeff's ears. Looked really painful.

• Paid Members

Some good stuff on the show. The Orton battering was great. Nakamura's delivery of "God bless America" was wonderful. Miz'a eulogy and bryan chucking around "security" was fun. Almas/Styles looked very competitive. Nice to see Joe and Becky on the way up. Thumbs up.

51 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Ah right. I’d read somewhere that he was carrying some niggling injuries, nothing that needs surgery or anything, so figured he’d been given some time off. Shame because I really like him and Cesaro as a team

Well, he went 13 days without having a match, so maybe he was given a bit of time off, but The Bar have consistently been on house shows or in dark matches all this time without appearing on Smackdown.

God I love watching Almas. Whatever the 'best' wrestler in the world actually means, in my opinion he is right up there. Incredibly smooth, faultless.

Really enjoyed this show, decent matches and Orton was actually not shit, I just want him to do something different, anything, change the gear, music, just something.

• Paid Members

Paige said if Becky beats her then Carmella has to defend the title against Lynch at SummerSlam. 

Oh fuckkkkkkk offffffffff. The division isn't piss weak enough that they have to resort to this tired bollocks. There are ways to tell Becky's story without the last roadblock before Carmella being fucking Carmella.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Oh fuckkkkkkk offffffffff. The division isn't piss weak enough that they have to resort to this tired bollocks. There are ways to tell Becky's story without the last roadblock before Carmella being fucking Carmella.

They should have two triple threat matches. The winners face off to be number one contender. 

Archived