Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The only way Vince let's go of the reins is If they are pulled from his cold dead hands. He is the very definition of control freak. 

If the way he looked on Raw is any indication, I’d give it six months tops.

21 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

She is due back on next weeks Smackdown I believe 

The only thing that crossed my mind is Charlotte/Asuka v The Iconics. Would love to see one of Asuka or Charlotte turn on each other and have a proper extended feud. The face side of SD is pretty sorted and it doesn't really need both of them on that side.

But then that's something like 8 SD matches off the top of my head, if they do the same for RAW, which it looks like they're quite capable of, then it could be another seven-hour marathon.

Liking 'Smackers' (I'm in) a lot at the minute.

Joe cut a good promo.

Bar vs Usos was exactly as good as you'd expect.

Orton is at his absolute best being a nasty bastard.

BUT

Why the fuck does Charlotte need to be added to the match at Survivor Series. This should so simply have been Becky winning clean on her own. 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, AshC said:

Any way of auto-correcting 'Smackers' to 'Smackdown' on here? Asking for a friend.

Is your friend air_raid?

That Charlotte thing was utterly at odds with what has been a good run of sensible booking on Smackers recently. You've got Becky who has quietly amassed a load of wins for a few months until they presented her with an opportunity that she took. Then you've got Charlotte who's been away, came back one week, stuck her nose in and got the same opportunity. It's shit.

Hopefully that will be the basis of a Charlotte/Becky feud after Summerslam. Charlotte wins the belt, Becky has a moan* after Charlotte beats Carmella, Becky saying that she worked hard for her shot and Charlotte just sashayed her way into the match yet didn’t beat her. Charlotte justifies herself with “yeah, but I’m Charlotte Flair, WOOOO!” and her and Becky go on to feud as normal

* it worked great for Hogan when he went to Jack Tunney multiple times

• Paid Members

How fitting that a week after we say that Smackdown is starting to feel like it doesn’t have Vince’s fingerprints on it they end what was a really good promo segment with that crybaby thing. That was such a Vince thing. You can tell he would have loved it, ignoring the fact that it made for the dumbest, most awkward ending, almost counteracting all the good stuff Miz and Bryan were doing.

Another good show. Smackdown seems to have a really strong direction, leading to what will be a couple of great matches at Summerslam. 

I’m so bored of heels talking about bingo halls and high school gyms though. It never feels like it lands at all when guys start using that as ammo in their promos. Grow up, Road Dogg.

• Paid Members

Also, how confusing must that be to people who don't get the references? If you live in England you probably have a totally different vision of a bingo hall, and a gym in high school? It's the fucking P.E hall, for crying out loud. And don't tell me that it has 'apparatus' so it counts. 

• Paid Members

I was listening to the Pollock and Ting Smackers recap and hearing that Charlotte had joined the women's title match had me utter a very audible "For fucks sake" in the office. People complain in their droves about Roman being "shoved down their throats" but they're seemingly A-Okay with Charlotte constantly being shot into the main event.

• Paid Members

I did wonder if this is the start of a Charlotte heel turn, leading to a heel Charlotte vs a babyface Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania. Rousey wins the women's rumble, if they do one, and chooses Charlotte. Could even start the build at Evolution with the two crossing paths backstage. 

Archived