Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Said this on our podcast for a while but I maintain he's still leaving in September. This Hell No reunion is a fun goodbye angle for both of them before Kane becomes mayor and Bryan goes to work for New Japan. 

I don't see it. There's no way they're not going to pay off the Miz angle at some point and that will be extremely rushed if he's out of the door in September.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

There's no way they're not going to pay off the Miz angle at some point

Yeah, stuff always gets paid off. How long have Sasha and Bayley been nearly feuding?

• Paid Members

The biggest one for me is Lesnar. He beats The Streak with the idea of later on winning the belt to make him the indestructible force for the next top guy to vanquish. Four years later, still waiting.

• Paid Members

Fair play to Smackers, straight on YouTube to check out the highlights of Hell No this morning. Miz is awesome in the Miz TV segment and Kane as NSYNC's biggest fan is hilarious for WWE. This backstage big with the New Day is great. "Goat faced killer" needs to be a T-Shirt. Tell you what doesn't though, that fucking hideous Hell No shirt Bryan is wearing.

• Paid Members

I thought Rusev was a riot on commentary  during the Styles vs. Nakamura match. The delivery of all his daft lines were brilliant. It feels stupid to say since he’s heading into a PPV match for the WWE Title but it still rings true: Rusev might be the most under-utilised guy on the roster. He could and should be a huge star. 

• Awards Moderator

I haven't watched Smackers this week, just read the results on WWE.com, but a couple of things confuse me a lot.

First of all, is Andrade 'Cien' Almas done already? I know he was against AJ Styles, but if they wanted to build him up at all, they wouldn't have put him in a match he had to lose so soon, would they? From the sounds of it he hit his finisher, which AJ kicked out of, and then he tapped out to the Calf Crusher. So we've already seen he can't beat the top guys. He's already a loser unless he's against nobodies like Sin Cara. Or was it presented in a way where he still looked good?

Secondly, in order to get a chance to beat Carmella one-on-one, Becky Lynch has to ... beat Carmella one-on-one. Why?! Why not just do the title match straight away? Why would you have to beat the Champion for a chance to beat the Champion? 

• Paid Members

I caught Orton battering Jeff Hardy on instagram. Lovely bit of bastardry from Orton throughout. Him ripping away on his stupid lug was surprisingly violent and a welcome change from how these things usually go.

As dull as Orton can be, he can be watchable as a psycho heel.

Archived