Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, D@mm said:

I think for a one off like say for instance Hell In A Cell ppv you could have The Shield Vs Wyatt, Braun and Harper in 6 man Hell In A Cell or even a War Games match. Who else are you going to put against The Shield that would have a better match with. 

It doesn't have to be a massive feud, just a stop gap to set up Braun Vs Roman at Survivor Series.

Blame @Supremo for the encouragement. I would bloody love The Shield vs;

16583407_1648380272125297_26727021161574

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The only issue with Harper getting repackaged as singles right now is the depth of superb heels on Smackers - so I’d move him straight to Raw. Having him lariat the living daylights out of your B-Team and Titus Worldwide-type fuckwits would be sexy time. 

Definitely not keen on a Wyatt reunion but line with the above I think Bray should definitely have a turn doing the honours for him in a one off match to set a potential singles push rolling for Lukey Harps. But absolutely nothing more than that - If you put Harper back in a Wyatt-themed feud with Bray for a month or anything longer it will be bollocks and it’ll be much harder to disasscociate him from his old act. If he’s going to blossom in the same way Strowman did then he needs to keep a seperated timeline from his old Deliverance brethren. Having said that I’ve just said we should move him to the same show as two of the formers members and he should have a match with Bray so I’m likely talking pelters. Gorgeous lariat though. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Blame @Supremo for the encouragement. I would bloody love The Shield vs;

16583407_1648380272125297_26727021161574

Oh god, yes! Even if it was only a one-off exhibition whenever they’re next in the U.K., imagine giving those six guys thirty plus minutes. They’d have a match of the year candidate. It’s crazy to think Ambrose and Rollins came in as fast, innovative indie guys, whereas now they’d probably have to struggle to keep up with the likes of Bate.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Have they ever tried to give Harper a decent singles run? I remember always hoping he would get one but I can't particularly think of a time that he got a solid effort.

There was an all to brief run from around Jan-Apr 2017 when he was having cracking Matches on Smackdown and seemed to be gaining some momentum with the Fans and genuinely felt like he was heading up the singles ladder and there was all sorts of talk of adding him in the Orton/Wyatt Mania Match to make it a triple threat.

Alas that never happened and he just disappeared all together for a couple of months with no explanation from what I can remember and when he did resurface it was back with Rowan as half of the Bludgeon Brothers.

Hopefully now he can truly break out as a singles competitor and get a decent run.

Smackdown is light years ahead of Raw at this point.

I know everyone's shitting on the idea of Becky as a heel, but I'm willing to give this a chance, particularly after that fiery promo.  I get that, from a marketing/promotional point of view, they want Charlotte Flair as face.  So I'd rather see Becky as a heel than as an afterthought on Velocity or whatever.

I have loved the Bludgeon Brothers - best brawling tag team since, I dunno, the Dudleys or someone.  But if you could find the right gimmick for Harper (ala Undertaker) he'd be a fucking huge star.  Him throwing that chair was boss, I could watch these two beat up the New Day forever.

Everyone knows I love Joe, so I won't belabour the point, but he's always been capable of this, and now he has the stage - he's delivering.  They should have signed him in 2006.  

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Have they ever tried to give Harper a decent singles run? I remember always hoping he would get one but I can't particularly think of a time that he got a solid effort.

He went singles tail end of 2014 after the first Wyatts split, had the Dolph Ziggler feud every midcarder for ten years has received, and 27 days as Intercontinental Champion. So to answer your question, no, not really.

Fuckin Ziggler.

58 minutes ago, air_raid said:

He went singles tail end of 2014 after the first Wyatts split, had the Dolph Ziggler feud every midcarder for ten years has received, and 27 days as Intercontinental Champion. So to answer your question, no, not really.

Fuckin Ziggler.

And then the semi singles run after the 48th Wyatt break up when Randy and Bray ended up fighting on maggot projections at Mania.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

I know everyone's shitting on the idea of Becky as a heel, but I'm willing to give this a chance, particularly after that fiery promo.  I get that, from a marketing/promotional point of view, they want Charlotte Flair as face.  So I'd rather see Becky as a heel than as an afterthought on Velocity or whatever.

Also, Becky was fantastic as a heel in her pre-WWE days and has trained as an actor so should be able to deliver whatever is given to her with verisimilitude. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

verisimilitude

Toilet paper?

I've read some garbage over the last few days about WWE being tone deaf by turning Becky when everyone loves her. If the plan is for Charlotte to be the babyface champion moving forward then the arc which gives Becky the rationale to turn on her friend and be a heel for the first time after three years on the main roster and potentially become top heel on Downers (possibly still get a little title run out of it) is far more rewarding and fresh than continue to have her tread water as an afterthought as she has for much of the last two years. I bet Naomi would love a heel turn right about now.

Speaking of projects they've abandoned, did anyone else notice Asuka in the pull-apart?  They really dropped her push like a warm turd, didn't they.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Loki said:

Speaking of projects they've abandoned, did anyone else notice Asuka in the pull-apart?  They really dropped her push like a warm turd, didn't they.

19 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I was wondering what they were doing with her as I haven't seen her name pop up recently, not within the SummerSlam results. I take it she's completely dead in the water?

There's only room for one at the top. They made her a huge deal to get her ready for Charlotte then had Charlotte beat her. Which is acceptable if they keep Charlotte strong for Ronda, which has to be preserved for Mania. I'm surprised they went full bore with drafting Asuka to SmackDown because I thought if they kept her strong she might have been one for Ronda to beat at SummerSlam. Instead they went for the satisfying heel execution job, for which Alexa is the best candidate. Actually you may recall I passionately insisted Alexa getting murdered was what I wanted at Mania for.... funnily enough, Asuka.

There's just enough heel meat to give her something to do if they wanted. Have her go through the Iiconics en route to finally kicking Carmella in while Charlotte works Becky. Or the Absolution pair. By the time she's got through beating some of that, she's rehabilitated enough for a title shot, by which time Hot Evil Becky™ might be having that little title run just to break up Charlotte's reign of terror. Becky cheats Asuka a couple of times, loses it back to Charlotte and we're into new year and building for Charlotte vs Ronda.

Archived