The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

RAW takes place from the Sprint Center Arena with build for Sunday's WWE Payback pay-per-view.

It's worth noting that WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar is not advertised for tonight. Tonight's show will feature Kalisto vs. Braun Strowman in a Dumpster Match.

I hope he dumps the little fucker through the closed lids, assuming they're using a BIFFA

• Paid Members

Drab. So, so drab.

That "statement from Roman Reigns" was a disgrace. Mixing his real life tragedy with a story is wrong anyway but the emphasis being on the match was pure wrestling shit.

Dumpster match was no fun. Ponderous Braun is dull.

Crowd was dead.

• Awards Moderator

The whole show screams "we don't have our champion and nothing to build this show towards" just like last time Brock was absent champ. It really hurts the show's momentum (not that having a champ around guarantees momentum, but you know what I mean).

• Paid Members

Shocking episode, I thought. As with most weeks, Braun's involvement was the highlight, but sadly it was the only thing that wasn't instantly forgettable. It's no surprise the one guy they're protecting and clearly working hard to treat as a star seems like a star.

The complete opposite of Finn Balor and his current "turns up for random match. Michael Cole tells us he's really good, honest" gimmick. No idea if they're aware of it, but they're doing a bang on job making Balor just another wrester.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Throwing Balor out there against both The Club and Samoa Joe without any kind of build or fanfare is just so lazy I don't know where to start. I get they want Balor on the show but did they really have to do it this way ? 

Yeah this has been a funny month really. They didn't conclude some of the feuds before the draft and still have a ppv to get out the way, so you end up with a few guys stuck in limbo (like Finn) waiting for everyone else to finish what they're doing, whilst at the same time unable to really build the matches for Payback where some have been drafted. It's all a bit of an uninspired mess.

I'm bored at the moment. I'll stick it out until Monday to watch Payback but I'll probably cancel the Network next week and sign up again for SummerSlam, and remove the series link for Raw & Smackdown. Not interested. Unless Matt becomes broken this Sunday, that is.