The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Stiff Forearm aside I have quite enjoyed Jinder in recent weeks, he looks in good shape and actually looks like a mean bastard. Wouldn't mind them getting behind him but perhaps on Smackdown (not seen Smackdown yet so no idea if he ends up there or not).

WWE though will probably try do the typical un-american gimmick with him.....like Rusev.

It took me all show, but as the main event was starting, I went, "hang on, they don't have the LED set up on the ring that they normally do!" Glad in that instance that I was a bit slow, would have been annoying knowing that the ring would explode all night.

Always a cool visual though. And Strowman and Show seem to bring out the best in each other.

• Paid Members

I saw it coming too but I thought they executed it brilliantly. 

Reasonable show. Built the PPV matches sensibly in each segment. Nothing special but nothing not to like.

The sort of show the dirt sheet writers always demand with their "What about your PPV?" reviews.

Aye, nothing amazing but nothing too shite either. 

Enjoyed the ending, I wouldn't say I saw it coming, didn't put it together in my mind that they had old style ring aprons, but when they were in superplex position the first time I started to figure that would happen. Fun stuff! I remember Show on Jericho's podcast saying he fought hard to convince them not to do that spot with Henry a few years ago, so I wonder if he was supportive of this one or not. Obviously nothing beats the original but definitely worth doing and entertaining. I was a tad disappointed they threw the match out, id have liked a quick powerslam and a pin but that's just me being a twatty demanding fan. 

I love how they're handling the Drifter, perfect 

• Paid Members

There booking of Braun since 'Mania has been flawless and, in fairness, Braun has repaid the faith in him by being spot on. They're clearly building him up for a Lesnar loss, which is maybe short sighted, but I can't wait to see these two batter each other - or Lesnar will just smash him to bits if he's not bringing it.

The rest was very average. I forgot how terrible Booker T is.

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, W35ty said:

You could tell that ending was coming and i'd normally be disappointed because it was a very good match but the way the ref falls out of the ring gives it a pass.

vk85kzyfo8sy.gif

FLAT BACK BUMP BABY

https://i.redd.it/vk85kzyfo8sy.gif

Edited by Onyx2
Doesn't want to animate. Have a link instead.

What mostly struck me during this episode was how bereft of star power it felt. Without Roman, there was no-one on the show who felt like a legit main eventer. Ambrose, Miz, Balor, Rollins, Joe, Jericho: I like some more than others, but they're all guys I'd place in that mid-level to upper-mid bracket at the moment. Braun, too, despite the current good work building him for his eventual fall. I don't know if Raw's ever been so weak.

The ring collapse spot doesn't do much for me, but then I'm old and jaded. I assume for younger fans in particular it was pretty amazing to see, so that's cool.

Personally my favourite thing of the episode was Alexa Bliss winning the #1 Contender's match. As someone who didn't really watch either in NXT but became a big fan of both, Alexa vs. Bayley is something I'm looking forward to.

Oh, and I hate the Hardy Boyz and feel certain that I'll fast-forward every non-PPV match either of them is ever in unless something changes with their characters. I can't bear the nostalgia act. It's actually worse than the Dudleys' return because so much of the Hardyz' old gimmick was based on youth and cool, and now they just look like two dads who have dressed up as their childhood heroes for a Halloween party. The Dudleys felt stale. These Hardyz feel ridiculous.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, textonly said:

Oh, and I hate the Hardy Boyz and feel certain that I'll fast-forward every non-PPV match either of them is ever in unless something changes with their characters. I can't bear the nostalgia act. It's actually worse than the Dudleys' return because so much of the Hardyz' old gimmick was based on youth and cool, and now they just look like two dads who have dressed up as their childhood heroes for a Halloween party. The Dudleys felt stale. These Hardyz feel ridiculous.

Jeff Hardy looks like he has every time he's ever come back. No one else in the world could look like a star dressed like Jeff Hardy, then or now. And in no way at all is it "actually worse" than the Dudleys return. People fucking adore these two. As long as that continues, this is far better. Plus, neither Dudley has ever been a star on the level of Jeff Hardy so he'll win on that score for as long as he wants to be around.

45 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Jeff Hardy looks like he has every time he's ever come back. No one else in the world could look like a star dressed like Jeff Hardy, then or now. And in no way at all is it "actually worse" than the Dudleys return. People fucking adore these two. As long as that continues, this is far better. Plus, neither Dudley has ever been a star on the level of Jeff Hardy so he'll win on that score for as long as he wants to be around.

Yeah, I'm not really disputing any of that or speaking in any "WWE should..." kind of way. I don't blame WWE for riding what's hot. I'm speaking on an entirely personal level. I was more than tired of the Hardyz before they left the last time and within weeks I'm deathly bored of them again. In-ring and out, it's everything I was done with before, but slower. If other people enjoy it, fair enough, but I feel like I've had enough of these Hardyz to last me a lifetime.