The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Byron and Otunga have switched brands which is meh.

Ha! The highlight of the superstar shake-up for me so far. I can only presume this is done because JBL has nobody to bully with Mauro gone, so he can go back to giving Byron wedgies. I don't hear him berating Otunga as much, probably because Otunga looks more likely to be able to handle himself than Byron.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Gallows and Anderson to reform the club?

The AJ reunion is a big enough reason to move them anyway (they should never have been split imo), but The Revival arriving on Raw have made Gallows & Anderson redundant. They are a much more convincing ass-kicking heel team and don't have the stink failed comedy angles with New Day and a year's worth of jobbing. They both look like they each could have Karl Anderson with a hand tied behind their back as well. Gallows and Anderson can have a dominant run on Smackdown, that brand desperately needs new tag teams.

The lack of explanation of the shake-up was a bit shit, no wonder they didn't plug it much beforehand. Somebody's music hits, Cole screams "They've moved to Raw!". Have they? I wasn't convinced at first because there was no GM skit or no presentation, just Miz and then Ambrose wandering out. They could've made so much more out of it, the draft episodes were always a highlight. Wasted opportunity.

Owens is surely moving, which should do him the world of good- splitting him up from Jericho and Zayn (who should stay on Raw for this very reason). Kind of scuppers his little faction with Joe and HHH though, I can't see Triple H popping in on Tuesday nights. They could probably do with having Joe as well, then you have two big heels (Owens, Joe) replacing two outgoing heels (Wyatt, Miz). Interesting to see who they bring in from Raw to replace Ambrose. Balor would be a good shout, although I'd have thought they would want him on Raw if he's going to be the next poster boy.

• Paid Members

It was a classic beatdown on a top babyface by Braun. I took it as WWE trying their hardest to make Roman a sympathetic babyface, again. However, Roman has so much hatred for being the man that retired the Undertaker, it didn't work and won't work. I hope I'm wrong, but I feared after their 'Mania match, WWE would underestimate how much resentment there would be towards Reign and continue on with trying to get him cheers, despite the fan hate being at an all-time high.

5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

There was an article in FSM the other month declaring Apollo Crews as someone who should be the biggest star in WWE but will never be because he's not allowed to be himself and is being buried because he's been told not to be like he was in Dragon Gate, so any lack of presence, charisma or character is actually WWE actively sabotaging the greatest asset on their roster. Also the article wouldn't call him Apollo Crews and referred to him as Uhaa throughout.

i haven't bought FSM again.

Is James Denton back as editor?

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

It was a classic beatdown on a top babyface by Braun. I took it as WWE trying their hardest to make Roman a sympathetic babyface, again. However, Roman has so much hatred for being the man that retired the Undertaker, it didn't work and won't work. I hope I'm wrong, but I feared after their 'Mania match, WWE would underestimate how much resentment there would be towards Reign and continue on with trying to get him cheers, despite the fan hate being at an all-time high.

Said last week that it'd be back to normal within a couple of weeks - it only took one. Apart from when Roman delivered the line about him being the big dog now and it being his yard with enough force to suggest he was expecting/encouraging the jeers - the content of the promo and the beatdown was ignorant to the fact that the crowd hates him.

I still can't decide week to week whether its a bad thing or not. If the match with Strowman has good heat and draws a crowd then does it matter? Strowman will still be a heel against Rollins, Balor, Ambrose, etc. So will Roman without doing anything to deserve it. So those matches will all work.

• Paid Members

There is no right or wrong answer, in truth, it only matters whether or not Roman Reigns becomes a significant draw, if you're WWE.

Personally, my only gripe is that they may default back to Roman playing a rubbish Cena again, because that's been Vince's vision previously (hopefully that has changed, as he's not done it in a while). If Reigns is allowed to play up to the boos by showing he's cooler than the room, like he's been doing since getting involved with The Undertaker, then I'm happy for them to continue on with what they've been doing - in that role Reigns is good fun to watch, which is really what I'm after.

From a WWE stand point, it will be interesting to see how that Undertaker win shapes Roman as a big time babyface draw. With Roman, he's held to a different standard than every other full timer on the show, because he's supposed to be a difference to business. Again, I hope WWE didn't underestimate that Undertaker result should they wish to push him a certain way. People forget that Cena started getting significantly booed when he was already doing the business (and continued doing so after), I'm not so sure Reigns has crossed that line yet.

This next year is massive for him. IMO, he's improved massively over the past few months.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Braun is amazing, what a bloody beating 

Bit disappointed in the format but looking forward to seeing who Smackdown get. Alexa Bliss was probably pop of the night and that's good to see 

Interesting to see what Owens and Zayn do. And the drifter! Nice touch with that 

Gotta say Wyatt v Balor sounds fucking dreadful 

Edited by sj5522

I feel a bit sorry for Balor. He looked like an absolute megastar when he first debuted on Raw, beat Roman clean as a whistle and then won the Universal Title, and now he's going to be stuck with career-killer Bray Wyatt.

Also, not that it was ever really in doubt, but does this confirm the latter will be losing to Orton in their rematch? 

Saying that, does anyone actually care?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Also, not that it was ever really in doubt, but does this confirm the latter will be losing to Orton in their rematch? 

I would imagine it depends what happens tonight on Smackdown. If by some long-shot they decide to move Lesnar to Smackdown (can't see it myself, but if they are looking to seperate Brock and Reigns for a while it might be a functional option, albeit one with some logic holes that need filling) then Wyatt is 100% winning as otherwise there is no big belt on Raw. 

Wyatt Mentioned he was facing Orton in 3 weeks, does that Imply That a Smackdown Title (WWE Title) will be the Main event of a Raw PPV?

Similarly assuming Owens is going to SD tonight taking the US Title with him, he will be defending a Smackdown Title as well om a Raw PPV, unless Jericho is going to Smackdown and he wins the title for them at Payback.

Either way it seems 2 of the Matches at Payback will have very obvious results

12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Whose career has Wyatt killed? No one he's feuded with has been any worse off apart from Kane, who was done, and Ambrose who lost a bit of steam.

Nobody other than his own really, but it definitely looks like a momentum stopper for Finn. It just ain't always a good idea to have a spooky Wyatt feud, I can see some hokey stuff incoming 

Yeah, career-killer is probably harsh, but I think sj5522 has nailed it with momentum stopper. From the top of my head, I can't think of anybody that's come out of a feud with Wyatt looking better than before they went in.

Putting Saxton back with JBL has straight up killed SmackDown for me. He's bad enough now but with his favourite target back he's going to be unbearable.

Probably be nice for a week or two to prove how he's totally not a bully though. Then back to saying he would let him to charge his phone.