The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

22 minutes ago, TATTA said:

I prefer to use UK crowds as a barometer as the Americans tend to sit on their hands. 

They sure sat on their hands when Goldberg came back. Oh wait, no they didn't.

I think somebody's clutching at straws.

Should have been 'Taker-RAW ... talk about a missed opportunity for a huge merch splurge.  Even in semi-character, it would have been a hell of a show.

But we had to suffer Goldie.  It was only Emma that made up for ANY of it. /schwing

Do you actively try to make bad posts Arthur? Seems so. Emma's cool and everything but if that's your highlight you want sectioning, and 'suffer through Goldie' what the hell, it was on Raw Talk for one and was about a great a farewell (for now) speech as you could ever hope to see. If you're not down with that I don't know what to say m8

We'll hear from Taker at a special HOF next year no doubt. Him turning up here would have hurt the symbolism of the end of Mania which was one of the most emotional moments in the history of the business 

Edited by sj5522

I thought it was one of the worst Raws after WrestleMania that they've done. If I was watching it on the Tuesday, there's so much I'd have fast forwarded. 

The start with Roman was great. The bit with Vince, Teddy and Angle was good too. And I enjoyed Angle meeting Enzo and Cass.

I'd been looking forward to Finn Balor's return, but I thought it'd be more interesting than as a mystery partner in the latest instalment of the Kevin Owens Show main event tag match.

Even Braun Strowman was a letdown.

I think too many events in a short time has made me a right miserable cunt about this show. But as much as the beach ball shit was annoying, it was no wonder the jebs started entertaining themselves.

Can't empathise with that at all. There was so much good on this. Steph is fucking off for ages, that's incredible. Angle will be a joy going forward. The Revival. It was a wicked show. Last year shitty Apollo Crews debuted and there wasn't much to it other than AJs win and the Enzo & Cass debut. This was better than that no doubt, so I can't see how you've come to that conclusion. Just wrestle-fatigue I reckon 

• Paid Members

Reigns, Angle, Revival and Goldberg were great but I agree with Pitcos in that the rest was really weak. As good a Mania moment as it was, it took me precisely one day to get bored of Hardyz sloppy tag-team offence and pretending they're still 18. I think Emma looks like one of the coolest people on the roster but the 6-woman tag was same old. Lesnar/Heyman/Strowman did nothing for me, it was yet another predictable Heyman promo with the obvious 'TITLE MATCH TONIGHT?!' fake-out leading to a complete dud of a segment. And Balor's return just seemed wasted in that completely generic tag main event. I love Balor's look, I think he's a charismatic good-looking fucker and looks cool as shit coming down with his leather jacket opened up, but as soon as the bell rings my interest in him disappears. He just does a bunch of moves that other people on the roster already do better than him. Plus, him getting painted up for main events is cool in theory but this idea that it opens up a whole new 'Demon King' supernatural element to him is the kind of thing I hate in wrestling. 

Jinder vs Zayn seemed so out of place on this show too. The only purpose it served was for the announcers to talk about next week's draft for 5 minutes. They could've just showed the graphic again instead of this. 

I don't wanna be too down though, so let me just say that opening Reigns segment was utterly wonderful. I can't be arsed for another Lesnar title run where he never shows up - get the belt on Roman now. 

I forgot the Revival bit as well, I enjoyed that. But I'm with Lorne up there in being bored of the Hardys again on their second night back. I'm looking forward to Smackdown though, but I'm ready to be done with attending wrestling events for a bit after tonight. 

Mania itself was fantastic, wouldn't have missed it for the world. I just haven't watched a Raw in full for months, maybe years. I thought this being the lolbizarro one and them doing the DVD at the moment, it'd be better than the standard. I gave myself too high expectations. Then they had another generic tag match main event. Teddy Long may as well have got the fucking GM job.

Goldberg was awesome as well, but he assured us several times that he wasn't part of the show so I don't count that.

Axel has been pretty popular in general since the never having been eliminated schtick. I don't think it's some sort of cult UK following. He's not mad over but he's a bit more popular than your other jobbers.

• Paid Members

I think the problem is that the Raw after Mania has become overhyped. It was shit last year. If you find Raw to be FF material every week, then half the Raw after Mania still will be. 

The excitement is in the debuts, turns and returns. I thought this was a good one overall.

• Paid Members

I'm interested to see how Balor does on a regular basis. He's still very fresh to me with just watching Takeover shows and his few main roster appearances, but on the whole I'm unsure how regular crowds will take to him as time goes on. The jury is still out but getting behind somebody the way they have with Balor is obviously the best launching pad to see what they've got.

41 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I think the problem is that the Raw after Mania has become overhyped. It was shit last year. If you find Raw to be FF material every week, then half the Raw after Mania still will be. 

The excitement is in the debuts, turns and returns. I thought this was a good one overall.

I think it lost all its luster after WWE started playing it up. It was all well and good in 2012 and 2013 before the company caught onto it. But with 2014 onward its been overhyped as you said and the shows just haven't delivered.

Do u think its just that we've had so much TV and exposure were all burned out and over saturated by it?

Goldberg has been a joy but the rest is meh.

There's just so much TV hours now out there that each year alone there's about 15 solid days of TV excluding ppvs.

The comparison is sketchy but look at EastEnders, home and away, neighbours, etc. 20 years ago it was getting 15m viewers now its 4-5.  There's just been so much TV that eventually everything gets recycled and you've seen it all before and this leads to apathy and watching different stuff.

Its hard to have the same enthusiasm when you've seen every permutation of every matchup 1000x before.

Not that it wasn't great but that we cheered a guy (without that much love) silly for 2 moves and a 60 sec win says it all (cos it was different) 

15 years ago a main event match booked like Brock vs berg (SS and WM)  would have been sh*t on if WWE served that up!