The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

That Goldberg beats Lesnar then Reigns retires Goldberg idea is by far the most interesting thing the could do. You then have Lesnar a man who could never beat Goldberg taking on Reigns the guy who destroyed Goldberg and the only other guy to beat Taker at Mania.

Knowing WWE they'd probably make Reigns the leader or HHH's stable and turn him into the company bitch.

Mark me down as another for Reigns to retire both Undertaker & Goldberg.

Just for fun have Heyman turn on Brock at Mania and then screw over Goldberg the following night to side with Reigns and go full on heel. Brock can then come back in a few months for the inevitable Reigns vs Brock. 

• Paid Members

I'm watching Goldberg doing a live speech on the network now, they didn't want this on RAW? Fucking hell.

edit - Excellent speech by Goldberg. Bollocked the crowd for not listening and they instantly backed down. Made a good joke after his son tripped getting into the ring, saying he took more bumps than him. Ended with "Never say never". Maybe he hasn't resigned so he doesn't get to speak on the main show? Bizarre.

I had it on in the background but the crowd annoyed the fuck out of me throughout. Cheering and chanting "yes" when Heyman says Goldberg is gone for good?! But you love part time Brock? And Heyman who's spent the last three years making the same promo every week? Fuck off.

Mexican wave during Finn's first match back too. Twats!

The start with Roman was great.

Edited by Rob Lowe

This was absolutely fantastic - so much fun in those 3 and a bit hours. Whatever it came out as on the tv they smashed everything with this raw in the arena.

Slight disappointments were the virgins in the Rotherham United, England and Seth Rollins shirts in section 220 who were booing Goldie during his speech (why don't you leave if you don't like what he's saying you cunts?), and the beach ball bollocks. None of this spilt the night though, thanks Vince.

Roman was incredible yet again and showed why he's been chosen as the top guy.

I know they attempted to explain it and it's so pedantic to get annoyed about but Rollins suddenly being cleared one night after they wouldn't clear him and he would realistically be more injured really annoys me.

I've yet to see Goldberg's speech as the Wi-Fi in my hotel is shite but I don't understand why that wouldn't go on RAW.

Long overdue call up for The Revival but really felt like SmackDown needed them more, hopefully they move next week.

I love Braun but he looked a right plank. Jinder is surpringly really growing on me.

Kurt was great as always and I genuinely laughed at some of his segments.

Best episode in God knows how long. 

Roman is incredible. Ten minute heat, five second promo. Effortless star power

Vince turning up, Kurt becoming GM, even the Teddy Long cameo was class. No fucking Steph for a bit! Get in!!  Kurt was brilliant with Enzo & Cass, he should be amazing in the role. Oh and a draft! Or 'shake up' or whatever, very welcome. 

Revival! True Smackdown needed them but I feel that The Club can travel over there and be reunited with AJ. We'll see. I feel like Zayn has to switch, it's too crowded at the top of Raw for him. Big E would be nice too cos he's too good for the stale New Day act, but it won't happen. Either Charlotte or Jax to Smackdown I'm sure, Alexa could make the switch on the other side. Intrigue! 

Echo Goldberg's speech being utterly incredible. What a fucking guy. Anyone booing that is the worst kind of ingrate. Stay at home. The only reason it wasn't on the show is because it broke kayfabe I suppose. 

Only disappointments, well the crowd were pretty unbearable at times. I enjoyed the Sheamus & Cesaro song and certain people being really over but the beach ball nonsense during that wicked Neville/Ali match and Mexican waves during Finn's first match back can go fuck off. Shame on Jericho for encouraging it, though his promo was otherwise fantastic and that beatdown was great. Nice to see KO actually getting heel heat. I'm happy for Finn that he's back but man, judging by tonight I can see myself souring on him quickly. He's not especially spectacular in ring compared to other guys and his promos usually came off pretty damp. 

Heyman went on and fucking on about last night. We all saw it, it was great. Now move on, that 'fairytale' was so so indulgent and only served to give the wankers the opportunity to boo Goldberg... fucking why? You don't like the title reign or matches or the fact he beat Owens, your loss but he's clearly not sticking around and he's worked his arse off to help make one of the most memorable programmes in years. Some just completely lack respect, how sad. 

Then the calling out of Reigns felt premature considering the rumours about next year's Mania main event, but we shall see what happens. Strowman coming out, prodding Brock and then fucking off was a bit crap, tbh but could be something cool in it. 

Another mild disappointment was that going by Raw Talk, Matt Hardy is not broken :( Hopefully they're building to it but I reckon it's just old skool Hardyz with weird chants that will forever go unexplained, shame if so really. Jeff's no good at the act anyway so he can stay as is, but I fucking love me some Broken Matt

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Watched it since it was the Raw after Mania, and I'll watch it next week for the draft and see if I stick around after that. Was nice to have a Raw without Stephanie McMahon involving herself in every segment or putting stars down any time they share screen time with her. Comedy Kurt was fantastic, and I hope we start getting backstage skits with him outside of that prop wall they call a GM office.
Revival getting called up was a treat, but I'm a little disappointed Emma and Finn were the other two as they're not exactly new. Not overly bothered who appeared tonight as they could be drafted next week anyway.

• Paid Members

Is he back? Oh, it's true. It's damn true. Angle was great already. Beautiful comic timing. Crowd in raptures at his little one liners.

Pretty fun Raw with the debuts and the promise of a shake up next week. That's a great hook.

I hate that bit bit were the stare at the camera and semi-apologise for the "non traditional" crowd. Understandable though when you'll have kids all over the world wondering why these smelly virgins are booing their favourites.

Say what you like about this crowd though, they made Finn Balor look like Bruno, Flair and Hogan wrapped into one. Be interesting to see if he can live up to it. Or get anywhere near this time.

Teasing Lesnar v Reigns TONIGHT and then not delivering is shit! Boo, Vince.

Chuffed for the Revival. Think Smackdown could do with them though. 

Edited by tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator

At last Roman is given the booking and promo he desperately needed. Teasing that crowd, indulging them, baiting them and delivering a five word promo was completely perfect. 

Whoever decided not to have Finn Baylor dress up as his voodoo stripper character is a moron.

I'm a fan, but he lacks the charisma to pull off dispassionate stare and slow walk. Especially when he looks like a toddler who got caught in the rain, so his parents have stripped him down to his pants and chucked his coat over him.

Great show though. Strange, character wise, for Roman not to even pop his head out when Brock was offering an immediate title match. And, stranger still that Balor didn't have something to say about the title. Though, him next to Brock would be ludicrous.

The graphic for the draft made me really want to see Angle/Bryan.

The little disclaimer about the crowd is understandable I guess but really only serves to encourage it I feel. 

Cory's line about "they boo who they normally cheer and vice versa" was bollocks though. That's not the case at all. Roman has been consistently booed for over 2 years, apart from that one night in Chicago when they got them to pop for him (they need reminding of that next time they're in town) 

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Say what you like about this crowd though, they made Finn Balor look like Bruno, Flair and Hogan wrapped into one.

Hardly, they obviously popped mega for him and clamoured for him earlier in the show. Then they started getting bored come match time and start being silly buggers doing the wave. I'm not sure on Balor, a lot of women seem to really love him so that's promising that he's got a broader appeal than just the sweaty neckbeards. If he keeps the momentum, big if, then Reigns v Balor sounds a good shout for next year's Mania main event.  can always do Roman and Brock at Summerslam. It is a rematch, after all, and seeing how they're hinting about it already I don't fancy a year long build for it at all

Edited by sj5522