The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I thought the go home Raw was pretty decent, kept me entertained far more than most do these days. I only skipped Nevilles match as I couldnt be bothered. Really fed up with the New Day but that's hardly a new comment is it?

I didn't see any problems with the Goldberg Lesnar confrontation and any harder bump would have been stupidly risky for these guys. 

Reigns Lesnar has really intrigued me now, I like that Reigns is keeping his cool but not totally which is different to the previous agressiveness or cowardliness or Takers Mania opponents. The MMA gloves did strike me as bit daft during the digging, surely they could have found him something a little less padded to wear, although if you comment on that you have to comment on him wearing his singlet too. I guess for arguments sake he was wearing them as he knew he would teleport into the ring and things might get physical.  

Really don't see how the tag match needs to be a ladder match, they should rest that gimmick every few years. There is no reason apart from they had ladders for laughs on RAW to do it. 

Womens stuff seems dull to me now, last year I was really looking forward to the match, shows how the division suffered from the split.

Wonder what Joe is going to do as well, perhaps get involved with Triple H Rollins, seems a shame he doesn't at least get to squash Zayn on the pre show. 

I thought the Rollins Triple H segment was pretty decent. Triple H had Rollins by the balls but only because Rollins wants to fight Triple H so it made sense. He made me want to see Rollins smack him about too. Plenty of foreshadowing of a Shield reunion which I guess will fully happen in a few months when they can shift Ambrose to RAW. That will be a face reunion no doubt, there's too much merch money in doing anything contrary for a start. Reigns will revert to face post Mania I expect. Rollins will probably face Joe at the first post mania RAW PPV, then for the second or Summerslam they will do a 6 man against Joe, Owens and Trips. 

• Paid Members

Reigns was ace on this show. Fuck me, this company needs a kick in the cock for dropping the ball with him. If there are people out there mind-numbingly stupid enough to think he's not brilliant, I really pity them. The only disappointing thing with this build to the Taker match is that the streak isn't still intact. People would be on the edge of their seat over the prospect of Reigns breaking the streak. It would be completely different to when it actually happened too because it wouldn't be as much of a shock but the level of anger would be incredible. And money.

Seth Rollins needs to go away forever. He's shocking. He's not helped by this feud though. He's supposed to be a top star and he has to stand in the ring and watch a guy walk out with incredible theme music, a supreme entrance video, a bigger and better physique and infinitely more star power. Seth hobbles out to his mini-luchadore jobber music, sits there in his shit T-Shirt with his terrible nickname on it, holding a fucking crutch while whining occassionally about HHH - when the real star lets him anyway.

Reigns looks THE man against the Undertaker. Rollins looks like a dweeb against HHH. Remember when people used to claim Rollins was better than Reigns? Those people amuse me greatly.

Seen Sheamus's cut above his eye? Ouch, it's nasty. Tag Title match is probably the thing I'm looking forward to most at Mania after Reigns/Taker and AJ/Shane.

Looks like we're in for a looooooooooooooong night. The card is decent though. They've not done a bad job. I'd love for Cena to be in something meaningful but that's my only complaint.

Reigns was fucking brilliant. Best mic work from him since his original "I'm THE guy" promo this time last year.

Reigns has 100% sold me on that match, all Taker's really had to do was make some funny faces

I'm totally behind Reigns, so fucking good. I think the only PPV match of his that I haven't enjoyed is last year against HHH, and even then I put that down to just being knackered from the show being so long.

The "you can't wrestle!" boys are so full of shit. Reigns has been consistently great in every PPV match he's had, he even dragged a still very limited (but improving) Braun Strowman to 17minutes and made him look good.

• Paid Members

I agree with everyone praising Roman. He looked so confident and happy to play the smug heel. Easily his best mic work in years. I really hope he wins on Sunday.

He's showing how woefully miscast he's been as Cena/Bryan 2.0. I think most on here were aware of that, but being Nash cool and smug hasn't half shown that to be the case. I really hope the pull the trigger on a heel turn, because Reigns is some of their better telly while in his current role. Chances are they won't, like, which is fair enough, they've got bills to pay, but running with Balor as their top face for a while, with Reigns as a smooth handsome bastard to hate/love is far more interesting to me than some Shield reunion v the New Evolution/DX or whatever.

Reigns is naturally too cocky (for good reason) to be any good at the Cena role; he's too cool for the room type, rather than a "big" performer that gets away with "sufferin succotash".

It's ironic that the things that are getting Reigns over as a heel (stoic badass attitude, quiet, arrogant but deadly as fuck) are all the things fans wanted him to be as a babyface. If they hadn't spent the first two years of his singles push trying to sell him as Cena 2.0 he would be over like nobodies business these days.

+1 for the wishful thinking regarding the streak. Can you imagine this smug, arrogant Reigns being the one to finally send Undertaker packing? The heat would be nuclear, he would be set for the rest of his career. Forget about giving Lesnar the rub, his aura doesnt need any protecting or polishing, should have waited for Roman and laugh as the entire fan base collectively riot.

Yeah mark me down as another who loves this heelish Reigns. It will serve him well over Mania season (as a short term thing) and even more in the long run if they use him wisely.

I think the Shield re-union could work, for Rollins he could get The Shield re-united in the sense where he has out smarted Triple H but would love them to be heels instead of faces (which I doubt would happen as the initial reaction would be a big pop) as Rollins could be the smart one again and hide behind the other two, Ambrose doesn't need much tweaking anyway and Roman is pretty much 50/50 but would rather he went over clean against The Undertaker. 

Not a bad Raw really, they've done well to get the card they have. I do think Goldberg/Brock will go on last though, usually everybody is tired/worn out by the main event anyway so might not be a bad thing if it lasts 5-10 minutes, it can't possibly be any worse than sitting through Triple H/Reigns last year which was flat as nobody cared about the match and everyone was so burned out (I was at Mania and by then everybody couldn't be arsed). 

• Paid Members

I didn't really pay attention to the internet at the time. Was there a big, shitty backlash when Goldberg beat Owens for the title? I expected there would be and, if I'm honest, one of the reasons I want Roman to beat Taker is to see a similar online reaction.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

It was mostly hilarious because the same whiners loved the Survivor Series match but as soon as it was one of the indy darlings getting the Goldberg treatment, they lost their minds. Wreddit, unsurprisingly, was especially guilty of this.