The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Finn will be fine as long as he doesn't become a sicknote. My Mrs and her few friends that like wrestling adore him, kids like him and he will shift a lot of merchandise. People always talk about someone being the next Stone Cold or Cena but if he can fill the role of an 05/06 Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio he will have done well. I suspect he will be traded for AJ Styles too which might not be the worst move in the world. Kurt trading for AJ and Shane wanting to get rid of him would make sense.

• Paid Members

If that was on actual Raw, Goldberg may very well have won promo of the year two years on the bounce. Off script, Goldberg is tremendous to listen to. He always comes across as a top man. So good, he managed to turn the morons that boo him into screaming fan boys. I hope he's back for Summer Slam; some haven't enjoyed it, but I think this run has been brilliantly done by all involved - WWE did everything you can ask for, in regards to their presentation of Big Bill.

Anyway, it was one of their better post-Mania "we're wild and crazy guys" Raw. The crowd seemed into it, rather than just chanting things to ruin the show, which makes this sort of thing far more enjoyable.

The HEAT Roman Reigns got at the start is something I've not heard in ages. There was so much genuine disdain and hatred for the man. As he has done for a while now, he handled it all like a top pro and his tag at the very end was perfect. Hopefully WWE have something interesting in mind with Reigns going forward, be a shame if it all just comes to them going "look, it's the two blokes that beat The Undertaker at 'Mania" with them trying their hardest to stop the fans booing the hell of of Reigns. He doesn't have to be an all out heel, like, but poking the crowd every once in a while (like he's been doing for a few months) works well for Reigns. This year could be massive for Reigns, if WWE finally get it all right with him.

Kurt Angle's ability to elevate shite should never be in question. He's perfect for the week in week out, scripted grind of the GM role because of this.

Reigns is sorely lacking a dance partner, a genuinely over white meat baby face. The only person coming through who could be that guy is possibly Finn Balor. Even though they are a bit of a mismatch in size.

They just have to take their time with him. Having him steam roll through Braun & Brock the next few months won't do it, just have him become more and more dastardly over time.

Edited by Winston

3 minutes ago, Winston said:

Reigns is sorely lacking a dance partner, a genuinely over white meat baby face. The only person coming through who could be that guy is possibly Finn Balor. Even though they are a bit of a mismatch in size.

Agreed, but I think Reigns is so despised that anybody they put against him will likely be cheered.

• Paid Members

Goldberg's promo was awesome. Way better than the rest of Raw with the exception of the opening segment. Man I wish they did promos like that. You know full well a ton of the locker room would be so much more interesting.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Agreed, but I think Reigns is so despised that anybody they put against him will likely be cheered.

This is what I was getting at in the Mania thread. If I thought they'd done it on purpose, I'd say they were utter geniuses. Because they've created the biggest heel in the business. If they put the title on him, they've got Rollins, Owens, Zayn and balor for starters who'd get massive cheers against him.

They've no intention of capitalising on it though.

22 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

"This past few months, I've been living in the gym, living in the bathroom..."

What was Goldberg doing in the bathroom?!

Well he had to eat so much I'd imagine so his shits were probably more frequent lol and the size of King Kong's first dump of the day.

Edited by zep81

43 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

This is what I was getting at in the Mania thread. If I thought they'd done it on purpose, I'd say they were utter geniuses. Because they've created the biggest heel in the business. If they put the title on him, they've got Rollins, Owens, Zayn and balor for starters who'd get massive cheers against him.

The other three fair enough, but I would keep Reigns away from Owens. Owens (and Joe) should be the top heels alongside/as well as Reigns on Raw if Heel Reigns is ever the direction that they want to go. 

With Raw getting the Hardys, Revival and Balor, who do we see joining/returning to Smackdown? The tag division could do with a couple of quality teams to oppose American Alpha. I guess with the draft next week though they might not bother doing much with Smackdown this week.

Edited by DJM

30 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Zayn would be the perfect guy if the booking of him since the Owens feud hadn't been so awful. Terrific promo, breathtaking wrestler. Beloved by the fans who tend to hate on Reigns. I'd rather him than Balor any day but he's hot now cos they haven't had a chance to screw it up, Finn still has so much to prove to me personally. Charismatic seeming, funny, likeable dude in person from what I've seen, but when I see his face it's just so blank all the time. He's only cut one promo on Raw, let's see what he's like after 5 or 6. I think it'll be downhill. Id love to be wrong

Obviously this version of Roman is a result of some seriously botched booking. But I feel like they're almost running with it now, Reigns' character has just given zero fucks for months. They knew that retiring Taker would turn the heat up even more, they knew we want a heel turn, but he's probably getting more heat than he would if he had a definitive turn. As long as he doesn't come out cracking jokes trying to be pally with the crowds I'll be alright with this no nonsense Reigns in his current form. He's a joy

Was sad to hear Lawler on Raw Talk saying about how 'in his day, people cheered the good guy and booed the bad guy'. It's not been that long it's been like this. Cena got boos for ages but it was always about level with the cheers, and you'd be hard pressed to find many other examples of that kind of thing in the 2000s. As much as I adored it, I feel like Bryan at Mania 30 set a precedent that if you scream and cry loud enough, WWE will do what you want, and it's just brought out the worst in a certain type of entitled fan.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Obviously this version of Roman is a result of some seriously botched booking. But I feel like they're almost running with it now

Almost. Then just when you think "I think they've got it", they go and book the WM main event as if Roman is a babyface. They just will not let it go. As soon as we're past this week's Bizarroworld crowd, they'll go back to normal. And ruin it all.

You could well be right. I'm just being optimistic that they know at least how to present him on the mic, they seem to have figured out what's good for him to be saying and not saying. The heat won't go anywhere for the forseeable. So he could bust out some incredible things going forward. Just as this unique "babyface" that doesn't give the boo boys an inch of satisfaction. No cool turn that probably gets a pop. He's just the big dog and this is his yard, learn to live with it. 

My optimism has often made a fool of me though 

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Caught up with Raw Talk on the Network. Fuck, that Goldberg promo is great. Need to remember that one come award time. Will take some beating as promo of the year.

Matt Hardy might not be "broken" but his voice box is fucked. He sounded like he's on sixty a day.