The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

15 years ago a main event match booked like Brock vs berg (SS and WM)  would have been sh*t on if WWE served that up!

I suppose the closest precedent in WWE is Diesel beating Backlund for the title. Fair bit more than 15 years ago, mind. I assume that was well received at the time? The crowd reaction suggests so.

2 hours ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Do u think its just that we've had so much TV and exposure were all burned out and over saturated by it?

Goldberg has been a joy but the rest is meh.

There's just so much TV hours now out there that each year alone there's about 15 solid days of TV excluding ppvs.

The comparison is sketchy but look at EastEnders, home and away, neighbours, etc. 20 years ago it was getting 15m viewers now its 4-5.  There's just been so much TV that eventually everything gets recycled and you've seen it all before and this leads to apathy and watching different stuff.

Its hard to have the same enthusiasm when you've seen every permutation of every matchup 1000x before.

Not that it wasn't great but that we cheered a guy (without that much love) silly for 2 moves and a 60 sec win says it all (cos it was different) 

15 years ago a main event match booked like Brock vs berg (SS and WM)  would have been sh*t on if WWE served that up!

The 3rd hour of RAW has been a hinderance to them since they launched it in 2012. Its not coincidence RAW ratings began taking a massive drop year on year after they added the 3rd hour. They really need to cut down on shows I wouldn't really count Network only stuff like 205 Live and whatever since its only on the Network. They really need to put RAW back to 2 hours during the next TV contract negotiations which I think start at the end of this year into early 2018 but I doubt they will unless they find a way to supplement the income they get for the hour. All they have ever really needed is 4 hours for RAW and Smackdown combined.

56 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I suppose the closest precedent in WWE is Diesel beating Backlund for the title. Fair bit more than 15 years ago, mind. I assume that was well received at the time? The crowd reaction suggests so.

That was a house show and nota major ppv. 

So now that some of the titles are named after the brand they're on, what happens if Naomi gets moved to Raw in this "Superstar Shakeup," or the Hardyz get moved to SmackDown? Obviously they're not going to cause themselves problems, but hypothetically speaking, what would be the plan?

Owens has a blow off with Jericho to have though doesn't he? And if we assume Zayn to SD is close to a cert, Owens can't fucking follow him there 

1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

So now that some of the titles are named after the brand they're on, what happens if Naomi gets moved to Raw in this "Superstar Shakeup," or the Hardyz get moved to SmackDown? Obviously they're not going to cause themselves problems, but hypothetically speaking, what would be the plan?

An article I read a few weeks ago mentioned a draft of some sort was coming but Champions will be protected and can't change shows

According to wwe.com the superstar shakeup will be work as trades between the shows not as a random draft as it used to be

Just seen raw and thought it was a mixed bag but more highs than lows.

Roman was great in that opening segment. He's such a smug son of a bitch. I realities he had ended the streak.

Heyman cut a good promo but the braun thing was poor. They need to stop having him back down from people.

I'm not keen on the the way the do the next debuts, just seems like a cheap pop. I'd you don't watch nxt then what investment do you have in the revival? If there not careful they are going to Apollo Crews everyone.

• Awards Moderator
15 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Champs are usually protected during this

John Cena and Batista switched brands in 2005 and took their titles with them.

On 05/04/2017 at 8:14 AM, tiger_rick said:

I think the problem is that the Raw after Mania has become overhyped. It was shit last year. If you find Raw to be FF material every week, then half the Raw after Mania still will be. 

The excitement is in the debuts, turns and returns. I thought this was a good one overall.

Yeah theyve made it a thing now, which when WWE is concerned, is always a bad thing. For me, the post Mania RAW peak was Zigglers MITB cash in on Del Rio. The pop and energy when he was coming down the ramp was incredible and again at the end of the match. 

I dont really like returns like Balors on this show. Purely from a kayfabe perspective, why is he waiting til the night after Mania to return? Is he that much of a fanboy that he wants the smart crowd pop over one of the biggest thrills of his career in walking out at Mania? Especially when one of the main storylines heading into Mania was somebody demanding they be involved and on the card.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, drkopen said:

I'd you don't watch nxt then what investment do you have in the revival?

I'd say a good way to introduce them to those that don't watch NXT is to have them come in and beat the most dominant tag team of the past two years and then injure one of them with a nasty, unprovoked attack post-match.

Bring Sanity up, fuck it. 

AJ must be off to Raw with the send off he had on Tuesday, New Day will bugger off to Smackdown Live, Charlotte and Alexa Bliss to swap brands and Sami Zayn too Smackdown looks likely, I'll be happy with that. 

Thought it was a good show, though Smackdown slightly edged it. There were tag matches galore though! Still, you got Angle returning as GM, which should be fantastic as it looks like he's back to his goofy character, and Balor returning was obvious but still a great moment. The Reigns reaction at the start was insane live and it'll be interesting to see if they go anywhere with it.