The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

It's shocking they didn't keep Crews in NXT for longer. 

He's like the ideal type of guy to spend a solid year or 2 there. Built a good name on the indies but not so big that he's wasted down there, plenty good in the ring so handy for the performance center guys to work with, and most importantly he needed to build/show us a character thats more than just "Apollo Crews! Happy to be here! Big crowd tonight!" 

38 minutes ago, FUM said:

Did SmackDown Live just lose most of it's weekly show?

Well kinda, but then on SmackDown this week they'll get a bunch of guys and gals to make up for it.

I felt the show was really flat, but was very amused with superface Braun Strowman destroying Roman Reigns several times over to the sound of joyous cheers and chanting. Flipping the trolley over was enough, then he had to go and mess with the ambulance as well! Mental and hilarious.

• Awards Moderator

There was an article in FSM the other month declaring Apollo Crews as someone who should be the biggest star in WWE but will never be because he's not allowed to be himself and is being buried because he's been told not to be like he was in Dragon Gate, so any lack of presence, charisma or character is actually WWE actively sabotaging the greatest asset on their roster. Also the article wouldn't call him Apollo Crews and referred to him as Uhaa throughout.

i haven't bought FSM again.

• Paid Members

That was weird. No real explanation of how the shake up worked. Hinted when Angle talked to Rollins and Zayn that it was trades. But if it was, why the fuck did Angle want Curt Hawkins?

Raw got Crews, Wyatt, Miz & Maryse, Ambrose, Bliss, James, Slater & Rhyno, Kalisto and Hawkins.

Owens is surely heading to SD with the US Title. I think Dana Brooke will be one of the women heading that way too. I don't know who else Raw can even afford to lose. Zany maybe? Gallows and Anderson to reform the club?

Great beat down on Reigns and the ambulance spot was great. What a man Braun is. 

Rollins looked good with the crowd reaction and Angle's approval. His promo style and tone are just so weak. If that's a top babyface these days, I'm struggling to care.

• Paid Members

The Braun beatdown was excellent - absolutely daft, but something I'm not forgetting in a while. "I'm not done yet!" I bloody love big Braun. WWE could have their next big babyface if they keep this up. Braun has his limitations, but he knows how to play the gimmick, which is rare these days.

The rest was forgettable. Although it was nice to see the Hardy's get another massive reaction again.

Braun is just excellent isn't he? I'm also finding Nia Jax's push more palatable recently - it could just be me but I feel like something is clicking there (it could be the fact that she's one of the few on the roster benefitting from some consistent booking over a long period of time). 

The Strowman attack on Reigns is one of the most "brutal" I can remember. The stretcher spot followed by tipping the ambulance surely means a lay off for Reigns? Even in this make believe world surely recovering in a few weeks to make that match at Payback is too soon? No sign of a heel turn anyway, unless he returns violent and angry and takes revenge by attacking people himself.

As for the draft I'd like to see Rollins, Owens, Sheamus & Cesaro and someone like Rusev go to Smackdown for fresh starts.