The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I am more interested in what they do on the raw brand after Mania with the title situation, finn returning, new gm, joe/hhh, debuts etc. The Mania card isn't really aimed at me so might skip it this year, especially if it runs as long as 32. Optimistic for something good after the annual refresh!

• Paid Members

I am more interested in what they do on the raw brand after Mania with the title situation, finn returning, new gm, joe/hhh, debuts etc. The Mania card isn't really aimed at me so might skip it this year, especially if it runs as long as 32. Optimistic for something good after the annual refresh!

If it's like last time, Lesnar takes the belt home with him and the US title becomes the key one on the brand week to week.

• Awards Moderator

Seth hobbles out to his mini-luchadore jobber music

Lost my fucking shit to this, dead on. I was absolutely certain he would get decent new music when he turned face on this run. CFO$ are capable of some great stuff, this dribbling drum fill is their worst by a stretch.

If it's like last time, Lesnar takes the belt home with him and the US title becomes the key one on the brand week to week.

Lets hope not, my optimism is fragile enough as it is.

Ohh Yay more Kevin Owens as the Main champ on Raw

Surely they will need the Universal title on TV, Its no where near established enough to go missing for a few months and have fans care about it when Lesnar turns up again

Last time was different though because there wasn't a brand split

That's how things used to be. Your world champion shouldn't be on TV every week and certainly shouldn't be wrestling every week. The world champion is who your audience is meant to pay to see, and you you establish guys to on the world champion using the TV show. The world champion would appear in pretapes or an interview in front of the live crowd, but if you only have them appear once a month on TV before the PPV, it meant more when they actually get in the ring.

How many times did they do Reigns vs. Owens/Jericho/both at the end of last year and the start of this year. Must have been close to 25 times in one form or another and by the time they got to the PPV match it had been seen a bunch of times already and didn't mean anything.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

Nah, Lesnar fucking off with the title the other time was terrible. It's fine for your champ not to fight every week but they have to turn up to antagonise, gloat or goad. The whole show loses focus without the title visible at the top of the card. Why are we fighting if not to one day hold that belt?

I'd imagine that is Lesnar is holding the belt after Mania that he will have to turn up a bit more this time, especially now that we have single branded PPV's again.

They got away with it last time more I think due to having a strong enough roster and no brand split to cope for a few PPV's

Of course in an ideal world, Goldberg retains again, and Reigns runs right through him on Raw the following night,  "Retiring" The Undertaker & Goldberg on successive nights would be great launch pad to make him the man again.

• Awards Moderator

Of course in an ideal world, Goldberg retains again, and Reigns runs right through him on Raw the following night,  "Retiring" The Undertaker & Goldberg on successive nights would be great launch pad to make him the man again.

Now that is a bloody good option.

Nah, Lesnar fucking off with the title the other time was terrible. It's fine for your champ not to fight every week but they have to turn up to antagonise, gloat or goad. The whole show loses focus without the title visible at the top of the card. Why are we fighting if not to one day hold that belt?

I think if Heyman was there every week without him holding the belt and gloating you could get some mileage out of him not being there, but he'd definitely need to be more visible than last time.

Couldn't they just pre record loads of sit downs or pacakages with him. He can change his shirt or whatever.

Edited by Wrasslin

I was thinking there's no reason that they can't work around another Goldberg win on Sunday, and maybe have Lesnar just destroy Goldberg on Monday night - full on brawl all over the arena.  Next week, Goldberg retires, hands the belt over and walks out head held high, and you can then run a PPV or two off a tournament.  Which would also coincide nicely with Balor returning to reclaim the belt he never lost.

I was thinking there's no reason that they can't work around another Goldberg win on Sunday, and maybe have Lesnar just destroy Goldberg on Monday night - full on brawl all over the arena.  Next week, Goldberg retires, hands the belt over and walks out head held high, and you can then run a PPV or two off a tournament.  Which would also coincide nicely with Balor returning to reclaim the belt he never lost.

I am not a huge fan of protecting people on their way out, I love the idea suggested of Reigns retiring Goldberg and Taker in successive nights. They are going to have to bite the bullet sooner or later and give Reigns a proper run with the title, they might as well do it now. My preference would be for Balor to chase for a while anyway. Get his rematch right off the bat but get screwed over starting an upper mid card feud before having another go at Reigns at Summerslam.

The only thing I hate about this scenario is that it would only leave post curb-stomp Rollins as number one contender for a while which would probably suck.

It was mostly hilarious because the same whiners loved the Survivor Series match but as soon as it was one of the indy darlings getting the Goldberg treatment, they lost their minds. Wreddit, unsurprisingly, was especially guilty of this.

I didn't really pay attention to the internet at the time. Was there a big, shitty backlash when Goldberg beat Owens for the title? I expected there would be and, if I'm honest, one of the reasons I want Roman to beat Taker is to see a similar online reaction.

I steered clear of it best I could, but there were some claiming that Owens got "buried". Some seemed to think it was going to go 15minutes or so, so you got the "well Oldberg clearly can't fucking wrestle anymore. Why else would they bury Steen that way"

How do you not steer clear of it? Where does it really exist? Obviously it is a real thing, but surely if that kind of crowd isnt your thing, you dont venture their ways? I occasionally see stuff on instagram that random followers have liked but id say thats my only exposure to that type of crowd and is easily ignored. Unless you frequent specific forums or social media accounts you never see it surely? I dont really understand this guise of 'the internet' speaking as one.

Edited by Van Dammer

I am not a huge fan of protecting people on their way out, I love the idea suggested of Reigns retiring Goldberg and Taker in successive nights. They are going to have to bite the bullet sooner or later and give Reigns a proper run with the title, they might as well do it now. My preference would be for Balor to chase for a while anyway. Get his rematch right off the bat but get screwed over starting an upper mid card feud before having another go at Reigns at Summerslam.

The only thing I hate about this scenario is that it would only leave post curb-stomp Rollins as number one contender for a while which would probably suck.

Agreed, but if you could protect Goldberg on the way out, whilst building Lesnar back up into a monster, and work your way out of the conundrum of a part-time champ, then it works quite well.  If you don't protect Goldberg, then you end up with one of two scenarios - a part time champ when Lesnar wins on Sunday, or Lesnar losing any kind of monster aura he has after 2 losses to a 50 year old and no revenge possible.  If you go with a Lesnar win, you also have the ending of Wrestlemania being as damp as dishwater when Orton is posing on the turnbuckle with the belt to zero reaction, as they surely wouldn't end the biggest show of the year with Lesnar destroying / retiring Goldberg?

I just don't see a way to protect Lesnar without him winning the belt AND have the pop at the end of Mania they will be looking for unless they have him destroy Goldberg the following night.

I guess you could have him do it prior to a match versus Reigns, and then you have a battered Goldberg losing to a spear (and have Reigns do a Jackhammer to complete the turn), but if Goldberg wins on Sunday, you need Lesnar to destroy him Monday.

Unless of course, Goldberg is sticking around longer than people think?