The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

There about half a dozen absolute rotters on this weeks 205 Live on the hardcam side. Constantly chanting "monkey flip!" and there's one in a New Day tee that's needs to be smacked good & proper. Spent the whole main event drawing attention to themselves until there was a couple of, admittedly very impressive, HighSpots then it's all "this is awesome!"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Does anyone know what the commotion was all about during the Bayley V Nia match.  Looked like something kicked off.

I was reading something about this yesterday

Supposedly the People who had Floors seats, started chanting towards the Tier seats ''We've got Floor Seats'' or something and the rest of the arena gave them what for and started booing them

That was immense. I think Reigns was just entering the ring when Cole erupted with this belter:

"THIS CROWD IS SO RAUCOUS GUYS! THEY'RE BOOING THE GUYS THEY LIKE AND CHEERING THE GUYS THEY DON'T LIKE!"

Post-Mania crowds are hardly anything special either which way. The crowd after Wrestlemania 29 was somewhat justified as they'd just sat through a proper turgid show, and every crowd since has been doing their best to pander to the internet community by trying to be equally smarky and pandering. Just a crowd full of knobheads trying to make themselves the focal point of the entire show by attempting to prove their wrestling-fan-superiority over the "marks" who attend the remaining 51 shows of the year.

Edited by AdamTH17

Wasn't it more direct than that?

I have, possibly fake, memories of at the start of the show Michael Cole introducing the show, trying to explain why the audience were going to be different, and boo people they like and cheer those they don't.

I had similar memories, Daz, so I put the post-'Mania RAW on and this is pretty much word for word what gets said:

COLE

"WrestleMania weekend is continuing on Monday Night RAW which usually has this non-traditional audience with some of the more impassioned members of the WWE Universe...

SAXTON

"This audience is made up of WWE fans from all over the world and as we've seen from years past, they're very vocal, and very willing to exercise their freedom of expression"

JBL

"Yeah but it's all about passion, guys! Sometimes they'll boo the guys they normally cheer, sometimes they'll cheer the guys they normally boo! They're having FUN! And we LOVE it that they are! Now let's get this party started!"

All of this bullshit is delivered straight to camera as RAW begins like Lorraine Heggesey explaining why Richard Bacon's not on Blue Peter.

On facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 33, Goldberg said they are going to have a “knock down,drag out blood fest”, because they are going to be working without constraints. Goldberg added they have been limited in their past couple encounters so as to build fan interest in the WrestleMania match, and to play off the nostalgia of Goldberg’s WCW character."

Yeah, we'll see Bill.

Me too. Minus the Russo bullshit of course lol.

I said back at WM20, that should have been the template for a Brock/Goldberg match.

I'm still expecting a quick win for Lesnar though if I'm honest.

Edited by zep81