The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Im loving it personally. Well maybe love is a strong word but I can't say i'm bored of them. Jeff looks great

I do think surely over time they will tap into their own version of the broken stuff and that will be fresh. Don't see how they can ignore it long term, sure they only used the Dudleyz for nostalgia but it's not like people were chanting "Bully Ray" every week

• Paid Members

Caught Raw for the first time in ages seeing as I heard there was no Roman, Steph and the shakeup had rid the show of some deadweight and god did it fly by. Enjoyed most of it, felt like everything had a purpose. Highlights were Show vs Strowman, anything Strowman was involved in all night, especially hurling that useless turd Kalisto into the trash, and Jeff vs Cesaro. I forgot how good Jeff's ragdoll selling was.
Only negatives were Enzo and Cass vs The Club because even in Youtube clip form watching these two teams seems to have went on forever and the bit with Alicia Fox in because she's crap and should have been fired ages ago.

Alicia is such a ridiculous over-actor I actually get quite the kick out of it 

Only truly wank bit of the show for me was Bray rambling on about god knows what. I sure as fuck wasn't paying attention. Gutting to see him in this state, where else can he go? Up next for him is Balor because they're desperate to bring in DA DEMON KING thing, he's eating the pin in that one 

Oh yeah on Balor, I know he faced Hawkins in a super quick squash but crowd weren't arsed to see him at all. Don't see 'it' in him. Weird as IRL he seems witty and charismatic but he's just fucking perma Lance Storm-face on telly without the paint. I'm getting absolutely nothing from him apart from the fact he jumps really high for his finish 

Edited by sj5522

I thought everyone's acting was terrible last night. It all seemed so wooden. Even moreso than usual.

Thought Corey Graves 'James Dean cool, John Wayne tough' line about Finn was incredible.

I don't see how Finn Balor, good as he is, has been picked above AJ, Naks or even Roode to be THE guy (if that is still the plan).

I hope Braun does something ridiculous every week.

• Paid Members

I'm always fascinated by the ring breaking spot in a behind-the-magician's-curtain way. It looks so spectacular, I particularly loved the steel steps going flying last night, but I can't figure out how it's done so well. Any ideas? Just remove the spring and hope for the best?

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I'm always fascinated by the ring breaking spot in a behind-the-magician's-curtain way. It looks so spectacular, I particularly loved the steel steps going flying last night, but I can't figure out how it's done so well. Any ideas? Just remove the spring and hope for the best?

""We did a spot right before we broke the ring where we’re both down and they shoot a real close-up of both of us selling. Well in that time, [WWE Stunt Coordinator] Ellis [Edwards] had airbags under the ring. So they had lifted the ring a couple inches. So now, when I’m standing on that top corner, that ring is like standing on marbles. Because it’s moving. Of course now I’ve got my fat ass up in the air, 500 pounds on a not very stable surface … So then the ring broke. I just remember when it happened because … you don’t know how the stunt is going to look. But man, it was so perfectly timed the way we did it and Ellis did a great job of setting up. That thing collapsed and everybody they bought it so long. "

Thats Show on Talk is Jericho about the first Lesnar one 

I thought the opening segment was pretty dreadful if i'm honest. Like a bad amatuer drama class, kind of exposed Braun a bit there, empty ring, live mic and the responsibility of opening Raw. I suppose it's the only way to get better though, experience. Angle stumbled and stuttered a bit also, something was off about the whole thing for me personally.

Really enjoyed the Hardy and Cesaro match, i usually detest Cesaro but bloody Jeff has still got it hasn't he. Made Cesaro look spot on flying around for him like he was 22 again.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

Thought it was a bit of a Meh episode myself 

Watchable in itself, nothing that was truly bad happened aside from maybe Bray rambling on about god knows what but nothing where you would feel annoyed that you missed the show aside from the final 2 minutes but even that spot has been done before.

I echo the point above about the opening being a bit off between Strowman and Angle

It just came across unconvincing like they wernt really having a conversation with each other and not really reacting naturally to what the other guy was saying just trying to remember what there next line was.

Was that the only time Angle was on the show? Don't remember him being on it after that

Also was it me or did the Hardyz entrance take longer to get going, like that time Kurt had the extra da da da da bit before the dun dun stared

Edited by MVP RULZ

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Also was it me or did the Hardyz entrance take longer to get going, like that time Kurt had the extra da da da da bit before the dun dun stared

Yeah, slight tweak on the theme that debuted last week IIRC. Loops a couple of bars of the intro again, for some reason.

Matt's current "I'm a little bit odd but only a little bit, and occasionally use a big/slightly old-fashioned word" gimmick is weird. Hope they sort something out with Anthem soon, or choose to take it in their own firm direction.

Edited by Statto
Shitty typing.

34 minutes ago, Statto said:

Yeah, slight tweak on the theme that debuted last week IIRC. Loops a couple of bars of the intro again, for some reason.

Matt's current "I'm a little bit odd but only a little bit, and occasionally use a big/slightly old-fashioned word" gimmick is weird. Hope they sort something out with Anthem soon, or choose to take it in their own firm direction.

Mr Meltzer says they are definitely doing the broken gimmick, it's just in the hands of the lawyers to sort out. Hopefully they actually do a storyline and go through the transformation from scratch. The majority of worldwide viewers will have no idea what the gimmick is so to just go straight to it would seem like a wasted opportunity. Hopefully Matt can be involved and it's not just down to WWE writers. That could be rough as evidenced by anything involving a Bray Wyatt, ever.