The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Everything is up in the air again as Braun is having elbow surgery, and until he has it they don't know how long he will be out. That's partly why last night felt so directionless.

I haven't had any issue in the past with the champion not being on every tv show, the champion should be special in that you don't automatically always get to see them on free TV, especially when that champ is an attraction like Lesnar. However this time the timing is bad. That belt has seemed worthless from it was created, and if Brock is going to be off TV for long periods of time whilst champ, he and the belt still need to be the focus of anyone that considers themselves a main eventer. 

Joe, Rollins, Reigns, Braun, Balor, Wyatt, while having programs with each other need to be making it clear they are after Lesnar and his red toy. Other than Braun, nobody is mentioning it. The belt is forgotten, and the show feels directionless as trying to make the I.C title the whole focus by itself won't work. 

At least have Heyman appear and tell people Brock isn't impressed by what he is seeing and he'll show up when someone makes him take notice. Take a cameraman up into Canada and have him film Brock killing bears with his hands and eating them raw to tell people to be careful what they wish for. 

None of that is hard to do, or even involves doing muh different than what they are already doing, it's just a small reminder for everyone that the focus of the show is Lesnar and his Universal Title. 

Edit: Beaten to it by WyattSheepMask.

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Well fuck me. I completely missed that. I need to stop watching Raw when I've just woken up and be sensible and watch it during work instead when I might remember parts of it.

• Paid Members

Even in the background we tapped out an hour in. So boring, and the usually hot for anything UK crowd couldn't be arsed. With Braun gone now there's nothing at all to see. 

I must only give it a go every few weeks and it gets worse every time.

18 minutes ago, scotswizard said:

But when will something be done? When will it get low enough for something to be done?

Never because its USA who wanted the 3rd hour, only way it will ever change is dropping back to two hours but that won't happen until WWE switch networks or broadcast it themselves on the Network which could be a way off as USA pay good money for the extra ad revenue they get while the show is on

But if the ratings are going down surely they can't charge sponsors and advertisers the same amount of money. If Raw is doing over 3 million one year and then 2 years later it's doing 2.5 million surely they can't charge the same money? They must be making a profit on the shows and making that money back, it's a huge amount they are paying for Raw and Smackdown. Some TV shows don't have the luxury WWE do. Some shows are filmed in advance and are edited and then broadcast week to week regardless of what the fans think. The WWE is live twice a week and has the chance to right so many wrongs, they can redo anything. What shocks me is that the TV show no signs of panic. The WWE doesn't show any signs of even trying, it's not like they are really making an effort and I just dislike certain things, these ratings just keep going down and the show just stays the same.

There's 2 years left on those deals, I believe the Sky Sports deal is up in 2019 too. When you think of what the numbers were when they signed their last contracts and what they are getting now, I don't see them getting the same money. I would have thought with them being so money minded and so PC and corporate they would be doing everything possible to make sure they get another 5 years of that kind of money in 2019 and that's what worries me about wrestling. I don't know if the WWE will always have that safety net. I'm not so sure that they will always get that kind of money again and again, I'm not so sure Sky Sports are gonna hand millions over for the rights to show it. I'm sure the Network cuts into their Sky Box Office profits. I'm not saying WWE wont be on TV, obviously there will be channels that will want to show it but I think the more time goes on the more WWE and wrestling in general just seems to fade away from society and it's a shame. I don't understand that thinking. I don't know why they don't want to try. I don't know how the almighty Vince McMahon, the man that supposedly does everything, he created everything, how can he sit backstage and think this is good? When he knows how good wrestling was and COULD be. COULD be if some effort was made. Where is his pride?

Kayfabe or storyline or real life or whatever, it is pathetic to have the universal title not defended regularly on PPV and to not have the actual champion appear and at least show his face. How can a company have a champion and not use him for what could be 2+ months? that's insanely stupid. It'll affect storylines, ratings, crowd interest...

WWE bring on the shit ratings themselves. I have no problem with brock being champion but the company could at least arrange for him to be on TV and remind fans what the contenders are fighting for and who against. It's pointless 

Last time in 2014 it was at least slightly novel to have the belt on someone like Lesnar, see what happens and try to enjoy it but it didn't really work then and it doesn't work now. They were only loosely providing any progression or entertainment with Strowman now with him gone it seems to me they either need to bump up lesnars next defence asap or find something else quick. At guess a big number one contenders match at extreme rules would seem the way to go perhaps whipping out that pretty new Elimination Chamber and shoving Balor, Bray, Rollins, Reigns, Joe and perhaps a random person like big cass in their would at least provide direction. However my gut worries for the Resurrection of the Triple H Rollins feud as the filler. 

15 hours ago, scotswizard said:

But if the ratings are going down surely they can't charge sponsors and advertisers the same amount of money. If Raw is doing over 3 million one year and then 2 years later it's doing 2.5 million surely they can't charge the same money? They must be making a profit on the shows and making that money back, it's a huge amount they are paying for Raw and Smackdown. Some TV shows don't have the luxury WWE do. Some shows are filmed in advance and are edited and then broadcast week to week regardless of what the fans think. The WWE is live twice a week and has the chance to right so many wrongs, they can redo anything. What shocks me is that the TV show no signs of panic. The WWE doesn't show any signs of even trying, it's not like they are really making an effort and I just dislike certain things, these ratings just keep going down and the show just stays the same.

Like I said, USA made the call to have the show go 3 hours, WWE went along with it as they both make profit from the extra ad breaks. It is the same reason WCWs ratings went in the crapper when they elongated Nitro then later Thunder to 3 hour shows on the Turner networks. Like it or not but TV networks are a lot more powerful than the shows provided to them, be it hit sitcoms, animation or Wrestling 

WWE know the 3rd hour ratings suck, despite having PPV caliber matches most weeks but they can't do much about it without running it by USA first. 

• Paid Members

Did anyone see who attended the try outs? I heard a few names, but none that I was that familiar with, but I think they had about 15 people there

Edited by Nick Soapdish
grammar