The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Like I said, USA made the call to have the show go 3 hours, WWE went along with it as they both make profit from the extra ad breaks. It is the same reason WCWs ratings went in the crapper when they elongated Nitro then later Thunder to 3 hour shows on the Turner networks. Like it or not but TV networks are a lot more powerful than the shows provided to them, be it hit sitcoms, animation or Wrestling 

WWE know the 3rd hour ratings suck, despite having PPV caliber matches most weeks but they can't do much about it without running it by USA first. 

Well maybe USA aren't panicking and they are fine with the numbers and those numbers still make them a ton of money and that ton of money is more than what they are paying for WWE so it's a win/win for them but why the alarm bells don't ring for WWE I'll never know because it's one thing to make tons of money and be paid lots of money regardless of the numbers but if those numbers start affecting the paid attendance and start seeping into their business model then it's gonna take a lot of hard work to turn that around and thinking about what you said, it makes you wonder just how much USA cares about WWE, are WWE really disposable to them and it really is just business because if that's the case then Vince McMahon needs to start focusing on his own company and making sure the WWE is gonna be around in 10, 15, 20 years time. They need to create stars. And as much as I criticise WWE and I don't like certain things on the show, it'll be a sad day when Vince McMahon retires or passes away. He's 72 years old.

I dread to think what will happen to the wrestling business when he goes and maybe the truth to everything really is that he's old and just doesn't want to rock the boat and just retire happy and if that's the case I can't fault him. He's earned it but as a wrestling fan you just want to get into wrestling again and have it feel the way it used to feel for so many years and you know how good it can be.

12 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

WXW's Jurn Simmons was apparently there.
He's a decent sized fella and could get a second look I reckon.

Travis Banks was there too apparently. Great wrestler but unless they sign him for the UK show his size might work against him.

TK Cooper and Chris Brookes too. Could well do with a bit of TK & Dahlia snogging on WWE TV, don't mind which brand. 

3 hours ago, scotswizard said:

it makes you wonder just how much USA cares about WWE, are WWE really disposable to them

No. WWE keeps USA way higher in the overall network rankings than they would be without WWE. Nothing looks likely to change that anytime soon. It's 52 weeks (or near enough) every year of new, prime-time content that keeps them on the board, and no other show is going to provide that. So WWE is very, very important to the USA network.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, sj5522 said:

TK Cooper and Chris Brookes too. Could well do with a bit of TK & Dahlia snogging on WWE TV, don't mind which brand. 

I think Jinny was there too, as was Flash Morgan Webster and Sid Scala. I hope Scala impressed them.

• Paid Members

In addition to Jurn Simmons, Chris Brookes, TK Cooper, Travis Banks, Martin Kirby, Liam Thomson and Flash Morgan Webster, also at the try-outs were CJ Banks (who was on ITV's WOS pilot at New Year), Adam 'Flex' Maxted (who is best known for being a contestant on Love Island) and Omari (relative rookie, who does stuff for Fight Club:PRO and Lucha Forever), and I think Stevie Boy/Xavier and BT Gunn from Scotland too.

I like Sid Scala's gimmick, I saw him sell a shirt during his entrance at Colchester and tuck the note in his trunks.