The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

25 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

We're all clearly desperate to talk about that epic episode of Raw... :sleeping:

Anyone there live? How was it?

Dull. It started out alright but never really got going. Nobody cared much about anyone besides Reigns and Strowman, so everything else was pretty flat. Oh, and the Hardys, who did nothing but run to the ring.

Best part of the show, other than the big lads brawling, was Ambrose messing about after Raw ended.

I think I've been to six WWE shows this year and the two Raws have been the worst of them.

• Paid Members

I hardly ever watch the UK shows anyway because they're always filler but given there was no chatter on this - I didn't even know it was in the UK until a brief tweet late last night. I just read Jason Powell's write up. I'll make an effort to watch the tag team gauntlet match but tha's it. Even that seems like a missed opportunity. They went with Golden Truth at the end. That might have meant more if they didn't just mention it last week. Another story not told - just the ending thrown out there.

That crowd was fucking dreadful.

The tag gauntlet I found to be great fun, something very comforting about watching Goldust do his thing, still silky smooth in the ring.

I'm gutted Braun's involvement is going to be reduced, the inner 7 year old comes out in me when I see that monster of a man.

Raw's so weird at the moment. It's like they saw SD improving in the ratings, read it completely wrong and somehow concluded, "people must really care about Bray, Ambrose and The Miz". As much as I disagree with people generally when they complain about WWE/wrestling not having any good stars anymore, watching Ambrose and The Miz carrying the show gives a lot of credence to that argument when it comes to Raw specifically. Reigns is the only guy there who feels like a true main eventer.

Giant yawn of a show. 

Tag turmoil and Roman brawling with Braun was decent. Not much else to shout about. Joe and Rollins was fine but they're doing that build where they water it down with TV matches so there'll be little hype come Extreme Rules. Ditto with Ambrose facing Miz next week, writers earning their money eh? 

Ambrose is good at the moment, and Miz has been great for ages but they couldn't carry this show. 

Balor seems to not give a toss that Wyatt cost him last week's match. Either that or he's spooked out, who could blame him? 

Glad I went to the Norwich shows instead of shelling out on this 

Can't agree more on the whole carrying the show thing, something just felt so low key, I was watching, and watching, and thinking where is the guy that brings this show to the next level, that FORCES the crowd to invest and get off their arse. And it just meandered along with basically a dozen guys all at the same level. Reigns and Strowman feel like big stars that create a buzz but aside from that it's bloody mid card mediocrity.

Fucking Booker T......*Sigh*

Its good that they are making the IC title seem like a big thing but at the same time it highlights the fact that the Universal Champ is no where to be seen

Edited by MVP RULZ

• Paid Members

Outside of Reigns and maybe Braun, they don't have anyone big enough or that they protect enough to make the IC belt mean more than it currently does. I'd be in favour of them throwing it on Reigns for most of the year, but it will probably get ignored when they eventually do the Shield reunion later this year.

• Paid Members

He should be Universal Champion really. What on earth is happening with the title? I've only been half-paying attention over the past few weeks, is Brock suspended as usual when he has time off or have they not bothered to explain his absence? Is there even a #1 contender?

1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Its good that they are making the IC title seem like a big thing but at the same time it highlights the fact that the Universal Champ is no where to be seen

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They need to make the IC Belt mean something in Lesnar's absence

If they are trying to make the IC title mean something, it really does not help when they have both the champion and the challenger lose (last night).

2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

He should be Universal Champion really. What on earth is happening with the title? I've only been half-paying attention over the past few weeks, is Brock suspended as usual when he has time off or have they not bothered to explain his absence? Is there even a #1 contender?

Lesnar is meant to be defending the title next as the Great Balls of Fire PPV. Not sure who he will be defending it against (probably Reign and Braun in a 3-way).

They're basically just being open that Lesnar does not care to work many dates. Hence all the Ambrose we're getting as the fighting champion. Bit silly with Naomi getting stripped of the belt on Smackdown for her 2 week injury before Mania, but what do you want.. consistency? 

No number 1 contender is official but Braun looks to be next in line. They've also planted seeds with Balor, Rollins and of course Roman