The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Hypothesis: If I could make a suggestion to those in the company it would be get Paul Heyman, Dutch and anyone else with wrestling experience who has steered a product with some success, who is part of the company, lock them in a room with Vince, Stephanie and Triple H and say " tell us who's winning the Rumble, show us your Wrestlemania card now and let us brainstorm ideas as to how to get there".

Is it possible to say that more in the roster would be over and positioned stronger going into Mania? That there would be more interest in the product rather than just tuning in because it's Wrestlemania?

It's got nothing to do with having a wrestling background. Chris Kreski was a "TV guy", and he was in charge during the WWF's best ever period.

For me, the problem is the way that Creative is structured. From all accounts (well, Meltzer and ex-writers who've written about it) you've got a huge amount of writers, all overworked, all worried about their jobs and all desperately trying to please an increasingly erratic boss. How's anybody supposed to be creative in that kind of environment? Take the infamous example of the guy who pitched the character of a Nazi Cyborg who'd been frozen in time? Sure it's a stupid idea and would never have worked, but, if you're a writer, and you watched the guy go from Vince's favourite to a virtual pariah because of that one shitty idea, wouldn't you think twice about just throwing ideas out there.

So, nah, I don't think there's any way to "fix" WWE until either Vince steps down and Trips takes over or ratings reach a point where USA demands a change.

Anyway, I haven't watched RAW but even reading about the opening segment made me role my eyes. It's frustrating that they can't just change things up now and again. I mean, wouldn't it be cool if Reigns attacked Sheamus either during his entrance or before his promo, instead of just patiently waiting for his cue?

Edited by unfitfinlay

• Paid Members

It definitely seems to be the main show creative team structure that is hurting WWE. Most likely a combination of Vince, Dunn and old twats like Michael Hayes. And with so many writers, too many cooks...everything probably gets changed every 5 minutes to the point everyone gives up. It's no surprise that you take NXT (one WWE writer) and Lucha Underground (2 or 3 former writers) and remove them from that structure and everything is booked really well. They've got Jimmy Jacobs on the writing staff and he booked all his own feuds in ROH for years and they were great too.

I would like to see Miz join up with Tyler Breeze and become his agent/manager.

I don't see much value in having Miz wrestle anymore but he could still be involved in other ways.

Miz should definitely be on the Roddy Piper/Fat Shawn Michaels type schedule. Just doing the talk show and different interviews/angles whatever as a manager type, then a few times a year you could get a good midcard special attraction match with him.

I liked the use of Mark Henry on the show. Not sure about his eighties-guy kickout on three, but the rest of the concept was pretty great, it's the kind of thing they should do more of with Neville. It's just a shame that Henry's been beaten so many times that you don't really gain that much from it.

A Sheamus/Rusev/Barrett stable is fine. Obviously it's a weak trio for the main event storyline, but desperate times and all that.

I really like Stardust and The Ascension as a group. Him as the campy 60s Batman villain and them as his Bebop and Rocksteady is a good mix. The smaller Acension one's skittering entrance at Survivor Series entertained me a lot.

I (unexpectedly) quite enjoyed that Raw. Was possibly the hot crowd, and also maybe not having Rollins as champ boring things up played a part too. Becky / Sasha and Paige / Charlotte were both decent enough, and Swaggers promo was good fun and delivered well. Good to see Rusev back too.

• Paid Members

Any sort of how to fix WWE or Fantasy booking discussion is utterly fucking pointless right now. That's not to belittle anyone's posts or ideas either. The company are just so set in their ways that it really isn't worth our time coming up with stuff. It really is like it or lump it.

I can't remember the last really good promo. They don't do skits anymore. Character development is a dirty concept. Stories are one dimensional. Twists and turns are too much effort.

The only reason to watch is the talent in the ring. The only reason to spend time debating the company strategy is you enjoy slamming your head into brick walls!

• Paid Members

Any sort of how to fix WWE or Fantasy booking discussion is utterly fucking pointless right now. That's not to belittle anyone's posts or ideas either. The company are just so set in their ways that it really isn't worth our time coming up with stuff. It really is like it or lump it.

I can't remember the last really good promo. They don't do skits anymore. Character development is a dirty concept. Stories are one dimensional. Twists and turns are too much effort.

The only reason to watch is the talent in the ring. The only reason to spend time debating the company strategy is you enjoy slamming your head into brick walls!

Brilliantly put, sums up the product perfectly. I just can't understand how it has got to this stage. It is so frustrating to watch so much talent being ruined by the mediocre production/writing.

Years ago we wanted longer title reigns. Eventually we got them, but at the expense of character/story development. We longed for the secondary title to mean something and they eventually gave it to the best in the business, who had really good matches with it at the expense of character/storyline development. We've yearned for more long term booking/planning which they've attempted but at the expense of any sort of development if the product. They have a long term plan but put no effort into explaining how they arrive at the end point. No interest in getting people to buy into it.

It's ludicrous. There must be someone in the company that could book a character from A to B. Surely?