The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I'm a bit late to the discussion but the impression I got from watching the main event on Raw (Divas contract signing) was that the WWE was desperately trying to do a UFC and jump on the whole girl bandwagon thing after the Ronda thing in the hope that it can push the divas the same way UFC has pushed the woman's division. Whether thats foolishness by randomly doing the signing as the main event or them taking a chance or copying UFC I don't know.

But thats the first thing I thought after watching it after the success of the UFC woman's fight. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned.

My apologies if this is classed as live discussion, but I don't see it that way because I've switched this shit off already.

I don't have work tomorrow and I was up late anyway, so I thought I'd chuck Raw on while I nod off. Admittedly, I missed the first 10 minutes or so, and I tuned in just in time to see Roman Reigns coming down to the ring grinning like a muppet. In all fairness, the crowd were loving him, but fucking hell he's dull when he's not wrestling.

Stephanie McMahon then squared up to him and I stuck Bob's Burgers on instead. Life is too short for this shit.

• Paid Members

I'm torn on this show. As soon as it started with The Authority, the wind went out of my sails. They're fucking shit and suck the life out of everything. I didn't mind Reigns part in the opening segment. His line "H, are you standing behind her because you're scared of me" was great and the staredown reminded me how fucking much I want to see these two go.

Rusev coming back was a nice surprise and with Barrett's involvement in the main event it looks like the European stable is a thing. That will at least be something different in the dull period before the rumble. The shoe-horning of the chair into things because chairs are legal at TLC was proper WWE shite though. Someone will go through a table next week. Someone will drag a ladder from under the ring the next. To paint by numbers probably.

This show highlighted the lack of character development, intertwining storylines and cool babyfaces that absolutely sour this produce at the moment. Dean Ambrose, the supposed lunatic, who watched his best mate get screwed over last night was in a meaningless tag match in the third hour. He wasn't pissed, he didn't have Roman's back, he had nothing to say. What the fuck is that? Does anyone ever sit down and put themselves in character and ask "What would these guys do?"

Dean Ambrose is fucking ace. What on earth is he doing knocking about with that sad cunt Ziggler anyway?

New Day were great although it dragged a bit. Having a second country music segment showed the utter lack of creativity. Henry vs. Neville was weird but not as weird as that JBL-Torito advert. Becky Lynch is wasted. And not in the good way. That Nashville crowd was great.

If I never see Stephanie McMahon on my TV again, I'll die a happy man.

• Paid Members

So the plan was Rollins/HHH at Mania but because of his injury we get Reigns/HHH?

I'd enjoy that but I don't see how they get there now. If Trips had taken the title from Reigns at Survivor Series, stacked the deck against him in the Royal Rumble and then defended the title at WM, it would have made sense. Now it's either got to not be for the title, in which case it will be bigger than whatever they can come up with for the title , or they've got to transition the title from Sheamus to Triple H in a really contrived way that can only involve Reigns getting beat ... again.

• Paid Members

Not a good show. Sasha vs Becky was the best match on there, but even that wasn't anywhere near their NXT stuff. Why is Roman all alone again? Where were Ambrose & the Usos? Does everyone hate him now? I don't understand the people booking this show. I mean, I rarely did, but it baffles me in a way that is entertaining in itself.

Dean Ambrose, the supposed lunatic, who watched his best mate get screwed over last night was in a meaningless tag match in the third hour. He wasn't pissed, he didn't have Roman's back, he had nothing to say. What the fuck is that? Does anyone ever sit down and put themselves in character and ask "What would these guys do?"

Dean Ambrose is fucking ace.

Thanks for saving me from wasting a couple of hours watching this show tonight. I think you have hit the nail on the head with that line. 

So the plan was Rollins/HHH at Mania but because of his injury we get Reigns/HHH?

I'd enjoy that but I don't see how they get there now. If Trips had taken the title from Reigns at Survivor Series, stacked the deck against him in the Royal Rumble and then defended the title at WM, it would have made sense. Now it's either got to not be for the title, in which case it will be bigger than whatever they can come up with for the title , or they've got to transition the title from Sheamus to Triple H in a really contrived way that can only involve Reigns getting beat ... again.

Maybe its an appetiser to HHH v The Rock at Mania.  HHH and Stephanie keep messing with Reigns until the Star finishes filming Ballers and returns to stand up for his cousin.  

• Paid Members

Not a good show. Sasha vs Becky was the best match on there, but even that wasn't anywhere near their NXT stuff. Why is Roman all alone again? Where were Ambrose & the Usos? Does everyone hate him now? I don't understand the people booking this show. I mean, I rarely did, but it baffles me in a way that is entertaining in itself.

The WWE writers don't understand human relationships or characters having more than one personality trait.

Unless they stick the belt on Reigns at TLC, thus getting Sheamus and his briefcase/title run out of the way, then have him beat, say, Sheamus, Rusev and Barrett in a four way at the Rumble so HHH decides he's the only one who can take the belt of him at Mania and they finally have Reigns cement himself as top dog by beating HHH in the main event at Mania

You could even give someone like Ambrose a bit of sympathy, have him win the Rumble and have HHH come out the next night and goad him into a match for the Mania title match at the February PPV, Authority cheats Ambrose and Ambrose gets revenge on whoever at Mania

Not the best plan but it's a fuck sight better than Reigns being screwed (again) at TLC, then having the tired old 'babyface wins Rumble and wins the main event at Mania' scenario

Edited by DraxSpago

• Paid Members

If you believe the reports, Sheamus is the champion because they saw it as one of the few ways to work the fans and give them something they'll boo and in turn, cheer Reigns.

It kind of makes sense of their thinking with booking Rollins, they probabaly thought the only way to get him booed was also to give him so little credibility as HHH's lapdog, that not even the hardcores would make him the cool heel.

It appears to work for live reactions but I don't know how you justify it when it makes the product so bad and actively drives people away. Could easily see a sub 3m third hour in the ratings later.