The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The final WWE RAW rating for this week’s Survivor Series fallout show was a 2.16, down from last week’s 2.28.

This number, according to F4WOnline.com’s Dave Meltzer, is the lowest rating since before the start of the Attitude Era, and it was called “a disaster” for WWE.

I think Raw would be better if they had more matches with stipulations, like cage match, table, hardcore etc. It wasn't that many years ago Raw featured TLC matches...I'm not saying every show needs to feature these kind of matches but a sprinkling over the months just adds a little flavour to shows. Also for me I'd like more nostalgia with appearances from legends from the past even if its to give a rub to a current superstar but with that said WWE shouldn't have to rely on bringing back stars from the past to boost ratings but if done for the right reasons to put over the current roster then I see no problems. They should have totally had Ric Flair as a manager of somebody like Dolph Ziggler just to give him some star power. WWE really needs to be more edgy as well and more controversial and stop trying to be so main stream, its like Eric Bischoff said controversy creates cash.

I'd also put somebody with a wrestling background as head of the writing team like Paul Heyman or as already been mentioned Vince Russo, it certainly wouldn't harm to give it ago if WWE feels comfortable giving the Rock the main event at WrestleMania I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem kicking some snotty 20 year old out of the writing team and replacing them with somebody with actual creative talent.

WCW had to go through various bookers in the late 80's early, 90's before they found their feet with Bischoff and became an over night sensation.

All this does is water down the legends' drawing power, look at the reactions Flair and Bret Hart get when they come out, it's a relatively decent pop but it's nothing massive because they've used the legends in shite backstage segments and presenting Slammies etc. so there's no real angles you can do with them now, not any that'd get a reaction anyway

Also, who was the last legend to actually give any current superstar a proper boost? I'm possibly forgetting someone but I reckon it's Foley with Orton

• Paid Members

Also, who was the last legend to actually give any current superstar a proper boost? I'm possibly forgetting someone but I reckon it's Foley with Orton

You're probably right, depending on if you consider Edge as being "made" or not when Foley did the honours for him at Mania 22 and made him look tough as nails.

I'm certain the 3 major problems are: a) There is no necessity to watch Raw (you don't miss anything if you skip it); b) There is little-to-no emotional connection between fans and most of the roster; c) At three hours, Raw is often a chore.

Raw has been the exact same rinse and repeat show for years now. Predictability can be a good thing, but this is Groundhog Day. I remember a few years back when I would watch Smackdown on a weekly basis - suffice to say Raw, and many PPV's to boot, have fallen below that threshold for me. And I'm a typical forgiving fan - I try and enjoy wrestling as much as possible, and it's not that I've grown out of it - when it comes to the wrestling, I'm 25 going on 10.

DraxSpago - You're right. I think the only two other wrestlers to be really boosted from working with the old guard since then were Batista and Lesnar in their Wrestlemania matches with the Undertaker, and even then, they were both over as fuck before that.

• Paid Members

I personally think they're fucked for another 18 months at least. WCW always and tried to turn it around in one week and it never worked. Sadly it takes time. No idea what the main event scene will look like, probably Ambrose jobbing. The stubborness to get Reigns loved, yet not giving him the damn belt and hiding his weakness is insane. Sack your fucking staff Vince you mad old shite.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

There's been some...interesting how to save wwe posts in this topic, but I thibk C-Rocks needs to be saved for posterity. I genuinely didn't think anyone still thought like that. Hire Russo? more stip matches on raw? Yikes.

You're probably right, depending on if you consider Edge as being "made" or not when Foley did the honours for him at Mania 22 and made him look tough as nails.

Given he'd held the WWE title, admittedly only for a few weeks I'd say he was already a top line talent, plus the Orton feud had the bonus that Foley hadn't wrestled since 2000 so it was a fresh comeback, if that makes any sense