The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I totally agree, Deano. I was going to post something similar myself after watching SmackDown last night. Sheamus was great in that opening segment.

As a standalone show, SmackDown is actually far more watchable than Raw most weeks. It is far less of a mess as a TV show. There are rarely any Authority segments for a start. Nobody wants to watch because we have been conditioned to know that nothing of any real significance will happen, but you do get plenty of fun matches with finishes. Super stuff between the Usos and New Day this week.

• Paid Members

Raw barely matters either. There's pretty much the same level of storyline progression on Smackdown as Raw (none). SD is actually a fun show to watch. It's laid back, has a few good matches and fun segments without the shitty Authority, endless recaps and terrible commentary of Raw. The Usos/New Day/Lucha Dragons stuff this week was good classic simple fun booking which we need more of.  

13 years ago we blamed hhh, now he's seen as the savior. 8 years ago we blamed steph, now its vince. Who gets blame next?

Raw will never be Nxt as hhh himself says it's set up to be a niche product, while Raw is there to be mainstream.

When HHH was getting the blame it was because he'd got himself positioned at the top, and had a negative effect on a lot of careers outside of a select few. Now he is pretty much retired and has more job security than someone with photos of Cena dressed like Hitler.

Triple H doesn't need to be over like he used to. Now he craves a different kind of respect in that he wants to create stars and a good product. He is clearly positioning himself as the modern Paul Heyman. I don't know how much of NXT he is really responsible for, but it's presented as his creation. Modern Triple H wants to be seen as the guy who makes stars and good TV. If that continues when he is running Raw then there is hope for the future.

The difference between him and Vince is that Vince lives in a bubble, while HHH seems to care a lot more how he is perceived

• Paid Members

That's all true, but he's still positioned as the top heel on Raw with the real heat. The Survivor Series was built around who was going to side with him, more than anything else.

The "Triple H is wrestling satan" stuff of the early 2000's rightly became a blueprint for the type of characture fan Pitcos would rally against, so it's well out of vogue now, but he's still quietly been a bit of a cunt since then. The 2010's DX runs, pinning CM Punk at his hottest, beating Sting last year, or as mentioned, still being the focus of Raw, is all classic Triple H stuff.

May be personal taste but as good as he was when he put over Bryan and as good as Stephanie is the rare time she gets thrown in mud by a Vicki Guerrero, you wonder if it's worth the castration of the roster for years on end - There's nothing they can do at a Mania now that'd be a huge difference maker for me in the way Brock, Undertaker or Rock are, that justifies their protrayal.

Edited by Benno

When did Triple H's Internet babyface turn happen? During the Bryan-Authority feud there were as many tears shed over Hunter's burying ways as there ever were a decade earlier, but on the first NXT Internet special (which was during that same timeframe) he did a babyface promo to open the show.

13 years ago we blamed hhh, now he's seen as the savior. 8 years ago we blamed steph, now its vince. Who gets blame next?

Raw will never be Nxt as hhh himself says it's set up to be a niche product, while Raw is there to be mainstream.

When HHH was getting the blame it was because he'd got himself positioned at the top, and had a negative effect on a lot of careers outside of a select few. Now he is pretty much retired and has more job security than someone with photos of Cena dressed like Hitler.

Triple H doesn't need to be over like he used to. Now he craves a different kind of respect in that he wants to create stars and a good product. He is clearly positioning himself as the modern Paul Heyman. I don't know how much of NXT he is really responsible for, but it's presented as his creation. Modern Triple H wants to be seen as the guy who makes stars and good TV. If that continues when he is running Raw then there is hope for the future.

The difference between him and Vince is that Vince lives in a bubble, while HHH seems to care a lot more how he is perceived

So when he was less a job for life, he had more influence over the product than he does now, but doesn't do anything? I doubt you really believe that

When did Triple H's Internet babyface turn happen? During the Bryan-Authority feud there were as many tears shed over Hunter's burying ways as there ever were a decade earlier, but on the first NXT Internet special (which was during that same timeframe) he did a babyface promo to open the show.

This. Wwe dont even make sense to themselves. The hated prick of the authority on raw is the respected god dana white of wwe on nxt which is featured on the same network. Its shite. Also im enjoying every moment of nxt cause i doubt it will remain as good as it is for long. They are already filtering in corporate influence in the storylines. I can see a "shock horror" invasion story down the line. Where they expect is to think like 7 year olds again. Shite

• Paid Members

When a HHH run show is better than a Vince run show. He is more or less giving people what they want on NXT. While Vince continues to shove the same shit down everyone's mouth

• Paid Members

That might have been the shittest opening ever. Roman's run in was actually OK because no music. An actual surprise! Fucking smiles thereafter though. Forced fucking smiles.

Ziggler vs. Breeze. Again. Why is this a thing? Adam Rose's segment on Zigglers bed hopping was better than this.

Rusev on Miz TV in an attempt to salvage the Lana stuff was dire. The line about fans not sending Rusev get well cards or Chocolate covered strawberries was amusing though. Didn't TMZ break the engagement story? Why is no one on WWE TV mentioning this??

As if the beanie hat wasn't shit enough, Ryback is now wearing a fucking terrible necklace hawking more of his merch. No wonder none of these guys are cool.

Dudley's "family" is Tommy Dreamer and not Little Spike. Fuck that.

Sheamus 5:15 made it all worthwhile. Almost. Thought when the Title was completely secondary to Ambrose and Usos title shots, they didn't even sell a change as a possibility. "League Of Nations" is a bit shit. Sounds like a mode off Sensible World Of Soccer. Del Rio being with Zeb sans Mexamerica flag and then in the LoN on the same show was odd.

Good job Roman had some friends this week! That eight man was the most blatant main event ever. Nice twist with the New Day. Finish was OK. Heat on the heels isn't a bad thing - especially given it's a new stable. But do the faces ever get their day in the sun? They absolutely need it. But if it's in two weeks then this new stable is finished. Booked themselves into a cupboard again.

I'm not sure the LoN will go down in infamy. Though knowing WWE, they'll be ahead of nWo and the Hart Foundation on some list of greatest stables in a week's time.

Ziggler vs. Breeze. Again. Why is this a thing? 

To establish that Breeze wins and loses at roughly the same rate as everyone else is the only reason I can think of.  I'm not saying Breeze was ever going to be some massive star but would it hurt them to just debut someone and push them decently for a few months so they can, you know, draw money against someone like Cena, even if it's just for one pay per view