The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The problem with Goldberg coming back is what do you do with him? He's only coming back to win a one-off squash, really, so you aren't putting him against Cena/Lesnar/Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose/HHH -- and his price tag means you need the match to draw, so you can't put him against Heath Slater or Adam Rose either.

The problem with Goldberg coming back is what do you do with him? He's only coming back to win a one-off squash, really, so you aren't putting him against Cena/Lesnar/Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose/HHH -- and his price tag means you need the match to draw, so you can't put him against Heath Slater or Adam Rose either.

I'm not a booker but if you could get him on a year or two deal and had someone like Heyman lay down the gauntlet saying Goldberg has to match the streak to have his shot at the champ (Lesnar) then you could have Goldberg squash everyone through the roster, obviously with tougher opponents and the odd PPV stipulation and then have a year long chase or something like that. I'm not saying it will sell or draw or even be profitable but would add something on the shows to follow/get excited about. 

There's not a hope that they're getting him for 200-odd matches. He wants a big payday and for his son to see him have a wrestling match -- at most he'd be on a Lesnar type deal for a year. He's rich and nearly fifty, he's not putting his swimming trunks on and bashing up his knees every Monday for a couple of grand. And even if he did, we'd all be moaning about it by the second month anyway.

There's not a hope that they're getting him for 200-odd matches. He wants a big payday and for his son to see him have a wrestling match -- at most he'd be on a Lesnar type deal for a year. He's rich and nearly fifty, he's not putting his swimming trunks on and bashing up his knees every Monday for a couple of grand. And even if he did, we'd all be moaning about it by the second month anyway.

Can't say I disagree with any of that and they didn't book him great the first time round so would hate to think what they would do with him these days, probably make him a MexAmerican. 

• Paid Members

Is there any chance they could just build some storyline around them bringing Goldberg in for some kind of guest presenter appearance, have Lesnar come out and either sneak attack him, or lay down some kind of challenge he can't refuse, and then build up to the re-match at WM?

It's not much in itself, but WWE have demonstrated the ability to stimulate interest in matches where traditionally there might not have been as much to start with (see HBK's re-match with UT).

It's the only scenario I can imagine they could do with Goldberg, and he would have to lose anyway.

• Paid Members

I don't see anyone buying into another Goldberg run for more than a PPV or two anyway. He's not a threat to Lesnar and we would, I assume, expect him to be doing over the mid-card main eventers we have currently so where does that leave everyone? WWE with a hole in their pockets and Goldberg with another million or two and yet more internet criticism to his name. Can't see the attraction and it would continue to dig the WWE deeper down the hole they're in. 

Could he and would he still 'go?' after all this time? I doubt it, his cardio seemed bad last time round, blown up after 8 minutes.

Once all the big names are exhausted as a star attraction then what? Lesnar is back. Jericho has been done to the point no one cares. The Rock had two terrible 'Mania matches. HHH wrestles every other year anyway. Taker without the streak isn't great as there is no jeapordy or hook to his matches and his last few have been honking (SS aside) and Sting can't really go and looks his age. Cena won't be back as an attraction because he will never leave and Orton, Batista have been tarred with the last five years over exposure. None of the current crop are going to be true stars, due to parity booking and nothing story-lines. There is no break-out star that could be on top for a generation, not in the way they need them to be in terms of shifting merch and ticket sales.

Edited by Suplex Sinner

• Paid Members

For a month or two maybe. Ryback needs cemented as a threat but I don't buy a Goldberg win and I don't buy a Ryback win either. That's the problem. Drastic changes required to make it a money spinner.

• Paid Members

I hardly ever watch the weekly TV. So maybe this was a good show compared to usual. But to me, that was atrocious. Am I wrong? It's a terrible TV show. Maybe this show just isn't for me anymore. That third hour especially. Jesus.

And the last segment. I can't wait to see the quarter hours.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Interesting show this week in that most people seemed to be split between an individual feud and a team feud. The opener, once Sheamus's fuck awful promo in front of that stupidly awkward League Of Nations, had finished was pretty good. Team ECW (Cole) or Team Extreme (Garcia) in very late 2015 is mental. As is Tommy fucking Dreamer pinning Erick Rowan. With a "Dream Driver" that is actually a DDT. Oh, and the fact that WWE naturally formed four four-man teams the month month after Survivor Series.

The other two hours was rubbish. This is kinda what I meant when I mentioned Russo's 2 hour Nitro solution last week. here they found a way to take up the first hour and effectively produce a separate two hour show. Apart from New Day being really good (though still leaving you wondering how fucking great they'd be if they were allowed to get out and about with this gimmick) it was shit. Dean Ambrose threw Popcorn and Coke in the face of a heel. What a fucking rebel.

"Hey Vince, I've written some great dialogue for Cena's final promo"

"Cena's not here. Roman Reigns is the man now"

"Shit, should I re-write the dialogue?"

"No, we'll use it anyway"

Horrible stuff to finish from both guys. Completely unnecessary too. They both produced confident promos backstage with Renee. Why are they being exposed in front of the world in the middle of the ring? Roman was trying to sound cool but how the fuck do you make that dialogue sound cool? No-one on this show was cool. They've cut the balls off Reigns and Ambrose.

This show sucks.

• Paid Members

So the big changes on Raw were faces acting like heels, heels acting like faces, and people you didn't want to see wrestle once wrestling twice. Interesting. Or not, as the case may be.

Rick, do you watch Raw live every week? You're absolutely bonkers if so. Get some sleep man, it's probably more fun anyway.

Yeah, it seems fucking mad that people have watched the full show before 8am.  Do you have young kids that refuse to sleep beyond 4am?