The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I quite enjoyed WWE, for the most part, from 2008 to about 2013. The last year+ has been inexcusable shite though, and the ratings are showing this.

The dive in quality is staggering, really. No idea what has brought it on. Whether it be the extra hour of Raw or Vince not really giving a hoot / is too old and tired for this shit.

Edited by ColinBollocks

That opening segment was terrible. Roman who was screwed by the authority in a ladder match, at mania and at survivor series is so pissed off with the authority that the first words out of his mouth were 'congrats champ'. Who allows this to be on TV surely now was the time to change gears with Roman and go from hunted to hunter.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of Roman he's only got too expressions smirk and stare. Despite that I'd they were going to make him the man at some point he's got to stop looking like a chump.

It was nice to see Sheamus doing a bit of heel work in the main event. They've only got three weeks to get heat on him otherwise the TLC match will be silence.

• Awards Moderator

I thought del Rio had the best match at Survivor Series with Reigns. I can't believe how different he facially looks since before he got fired.

Del Rio was great as Survivor Series, really believable.

I enjoyed this Sheamus interview with the Mirror.

The harder I tried, the more they turned on me. And I realised backstage I was just fighting a losing battle. No matter how much I went out there and beat myself up, no matter how many crazy falls I took, the WWE Universe had made up their minds.

(Edit: I should probably put a bit of a disclaimer here that the Mirror pays my wages. That's the only reason I saw the article.)

Edited by Onyx2

In regards to "be careful what you wish for" when everyone was asking for better wrestling: that should have been given along with keeping the characters and stories.

It's like if you are standing in the rain and ask someone for an umbrella. They give it to you but in turn steal your fucking shoes. They've solved one problem, but in return took away a basic necessity for no real reason. Now you realise how important it was to have shoes, which is something you always kinda took for granted. Wrestling needs good booking and quality wrestling, just like when it's raining you need shoes and an umbrella.

• Paid Members

In regards to "be careful what you wish for" when everyone was asking for better wrestling: that should have been given along with keeping the characters and stories.

It's like if you are standing in the rain and ask someone for an umbrella. They give it to you but in turn steal your fucking shoes. They've solved one problem, but in return took away a basic necessity for no real reason. Now you realise how important it was to have shoes, which is something you always kinda took for granted. Wrestling needs good booking and quality wrestling, just like when it's raining you need shoes and an umbrella.

I believe this was one of the lines cut from Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic".

Quoted for truth.

Some people seem to be applying the worst kind of 2003 indy-fan stereotype to the situation, and not looking at the real complaints that people were making. There was probably a painfully small amount of fans that genuinely wanted a "treat wrestling like an actual, straight-up, pure sport" product, while everyone else with half a brain just wanted better matches AND better stories in general. Fans just wanted the better talents to get pushed, rather than management's flavour of the week/Vince's latest muscleman hardon fetish.

Anyway, I thought the demonic "Internet smarks" all wanted the Attitude Era back? That's the time where the matches clearly came in second to the crazy characters and mental angles. Make your minds up!

13 years ago we blamed hhh, now he's seen as the savior. 8 years ago we blamed steph, now its vince. Who gets blame next?

Raw will never be Nxt as hhh himself says it's set up to be a niche product, while Raw is there to be mainstream.

Anybody bother watching Smackdown? Sheamus was more entertaining in the opening segment than Rollins has been since Wrestlemania. It was a terrible bit of booking at Survivor Series, but Sheamus is doing the best he can with it. I'm actually looking forward to their TLC match.

Edited by DeanoTheGame