The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'm a fan of Adam Rose's Bush too. At least it's different from the rest of the show. I do find it slghtly baffling that he is still employed though, I think this is about his 4th gimmick.

Edited by Gus Mears

I liked the Adam Rose bit more this week than last week, but I'm not sold on it. As someone else said though, at least he's doing something other than having another match.

There were good and bad points to the show this week. You can see they're trying to do stuff, but a lot of it is shit and there are some weird decisions being made. Like they hastily came up with the League of Nations idea and they're trying to figure out how it mixes with the individual things that Rusev and Del Rio already had going on. They seem to have realised the Mexamerica thing was a non-starter, at least.

There's no reason for Sheamus/Reigns and Ambrose/Owens to have had such boring build-up segments on this show. These two feuds could be good. Sheamus/Reigns has an uphill battle of course, but the two of them are solid enough that you could write an end segment of Raw playing to their strengths. And Owens vs Ambrose should be an easy one to do well, yet they didn't.

A weird thing on Raw a week or two back that I don't remember being discussed... When Kofi Kingston went "This isn't my character saying this. I really hate country music." What was he playing at?

I don't think psychology is lacking at the moment because they can't do it, it's because everyone is competing against eachother to have a certain style of match. They should be putting out a better variety of match but so many people are wrestling the same. Remember that divas match years ago that everyone raved about because it was all based around a headlock? That was cool

That's the problem, the matches are made with no reason to care and the characters are all non-entities so they are all just trying to top each other at movez n ratez. It's shite. As well as Undertaker and Michaels worked at WrestleMania 25, about 75% of it was the history of the characters. It would've been nothing without the emotional investment. The wrestlers are killing themselves now for nothing. Pretty much everyone is having matches every week that are good enough to end up on a DVD, but no fucker's doing anything that makes them a big enough star to get a DVD.

• Paid Members

That's the problem, the matches are made with no reason to care and the characters are all non-entities so they are all just trying to top each other at movez n ratez. It's shite. As well as Undertaker and Michaels worked at WrestleMania 25, about 75% of it was the history of the characters. It would've been nothing without the emotional investment. The wrestlers are killing themselves now for nothing. Pretty much everyone is having matches every week that are good enough to end up on a DVD, but no fucker's doing anything that makes them a big enough star to get a DVD.

With no real storylines, tightly scripted shit promos...matches are pretty much all they have. I don't blame them for going all out in the ring, it's probably the only bit of their job they enjoy. Plus, most of them have to do two 15-20 minute long TV matches each week. Gotta do something to fill the time, might as well just go over the top with it.

Many of the problems with Raw (and WWE) have been mentioned over the last few pages, but another major problem is that they seem to be booking the show(s) week-by-week rather than having any idea what is going to happen on the next show. Nothing seems to be advertised for the next weeks Raw to try to get people to watch the show. It is as if they book this weeks show, then ideas/promos/segments are changed a number of times before the next show a week later (it often feels like they are making changes to the show as it is taking place as well!).

• Paid Members

Roman Reigns is pretty much dead in the water isn't he?

Yeah, he's fucked.
This clip pretty much sums it up. https://mobile.twitter.com/Nate_Allbomb/status/674099822970855424 Reigns thinking the camera has panned to Sheamus when it's still focussed on him. Poor bastard.

Now that's the face of someone who knows he's been given a pile of shit.

Raw the last two weeks hasn't been great, but its still miles better than a month or two ago when Rollins, Kane and HHH/Steph were in every boring fucking segment. It's all a bit of a mess though, brought on by the ratings panic I'd imagine. Is Charlotte heel? is Paige face? are the skinny deluded Bella and Fox face? are we genuinely supposed to believe that struggling bin man looking Dreamer has any credibility in 2015? why is Miz TV still a thing? why bother bringing Breeze up if you've nothing for him to do? 

Roman is completely fucked as well, no way he's getting over as a face. Time to bring up the next lot from NXT and ruin them I suppose.

Can't even be arsed with this show. Few random thoughts....

Byron fucking Saxton is mess.

Why don't the League of Nations accompany Rusev to the ring, ya know, like factions do....NWO, DX....I don't know, every fucking faction ever. Yeah, just leave the Bulgarian twat, top crew.

Why doesn't Lana accompany The League Of Nations. I think it would actually add to there act, maybe it wouldn't, I don't know I'm fucking lost with it all now.

Bring back Los Boricuas and lets go full on gang wars.

ROMAN FUCKING REIGNS. I actually don't hate this guy, I think he has a little "something", if I'm pottering about whilst watching Raw and his music starts I stop fussing the dog or whatever and watch, it's my automatic response, maybe it's cos I'm expecting car crash tv I don't know but please god, please someone tell this berk to stop smiling. He looks weird, borderline creepy, it just isn't his character, he needs to be a kick ass type babyface, I dunno I give up. Tata Tots......what a cunt.

Quite enjoyed Owens/Ziggler, Ziggler has lost his mind though, his wardrobe looks like something out of dawsons creek.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

Full rating isn't in yet but Raw didn't do well (against another big NFL game) in terms of viewers, doing 3.054 million, down from 3.168 last week.

Hours were 3.270 million, 3.042 million and then a third hour drop to below 3 million again, 2.850 million viewers.

That's slightly more than the all time worst third hour from a few weeks ago of 2.712 million, but continues the bad trend.

Edited by Benno