The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Reigns got quite a good reaction on Raw but then is there any point doing a title chase when he has already been champion, albeit for a minute or two, ?. After the disappointing Survivor Series, it took me about 10 minutes to watch Raw, nothing like the x30 button on your SKY remote. I used to love watching the show but they are so thin on talent, we see the same feuds and the product doesn't progress. They gave Neville a victory over Mark Henry so you assume they are building towards a Neville Big Show feud, that was probably my only highlight of the show.

And as for Ambrose, he need a makeover. I reckon I could beat up Ambrose, his attack is so weak. And as for that spring off the ropes rubbish, it just looks poor, I cannot believe that in a fight he could beat me with that crap.

I do want to be down on Raw but I would rather watch reruns of WCW Nitro from 1998 on the Network with my spare TV Time. Its a shame but they really need to invest in the newer guys. The problem they have if that there is a lack of old school talent to help put over the youngsters. I am not talking old school Hogan, etc, they are done, but old school like Edge, even Booker T. There doesn't seem to be anyone that they can get the rub off. Lesnar got the rub off Taker and they did some great stuff with that but they need more scenarios like this

Edited by machinegunn

• Awards Moderator

If you believe the reports, Sheamus is the champion because they saw it as one of the few ways to work the fans and give them something they'll boo and in turn, cheer Reigns.

It did seem to kinda work based on the reactions at Raw.

• Paid Members

If you believe the reports, Sheamus is the champion because they saw it as one of the few ways to work the fans and give them something they'll boo and in turn, cheer Reigns.

It did seem to kinda work based on the reactions at Raw.

It was just a hot crowd. The loud "We want tables" chants and booing the shit out of New Day were other examples. They were great. 

Seeing Rusev out there at the beginning just made me think how this angle would actually be interesting if Rusev was Champ in Sheamus's place. He deserves it more that's for sure.

Yeah, crossed my mind. Rusev as champ with Barrett & Sheamus as henchman works much, much better. Rusev isn't a three time failure already.

Seeing Rusev out there at the beginning just made me think how this angle would actually be interesting if Rusev was Champ in Sheamus's place. He deserves it more that's for sure.

Imagine if Rusev had maintained that awesome momentum he had when he was riding into Mania on that Tank looking mega boss and hadn’t had all those losses to Cena and a shitty feud with Dolph Ziggler. He could have been a major threat in that tournament. How was that only 7 months ago??

• Paid Members

What's most disheartening is that on paper a main event faction of Sheamus, Barrett and Rusev could be amazing. All three of them have tonnes of potential and can deliver a good match. The problem is that all three of them are such damaged goods at this point that it's impossible to salvage anything from them.

Edited by Supremo

Byron fucking Saxton. I'm sorry I can't listen to this twat any more, it reminds me of when there is decent sized group of mates in the boozer or at someone's house, you are having a crack and a joke and everyone is chipping in, but then when the laughter sort of dies you hear one solo voice try to make one last joke but the moment has passed and it falls absolutely dead, you could hear a mouse fart as people look around in awkward silence. He doesn't get it, he is a total goof, he is always the last voice you hear and Cole and JBL just sit in silence trying to work out what the fuck he's on with. He has to go, last week he randomly started defending Tyler Breeze just because he commentated on his matches in NXT, yeah, despite the fact he is an out and out and babyface supporter.

Ambrose looks ill, he needs to pack on some muscle, or just weight, or something, stop fucking bike riding in the mountains and hit the gym, get some impactful offence, it's all so powder puff, like my 7 year old nephew play fighting.

They gave Neville a victory over Mark Henry so you assume they are building towards a Neville Big Show feud, that was probably my only highlight of the show.

It looks more likely we will get a Neville/Miz feud based upon Miz watching the match on a monitor backstage, but who knows with WWE at the moment.

How do we solve the problem of the current product? It looks like WWE are going to misstep, sleepwalk and parity-book their way to Wrestlemania 32, which I believe could have a larger crowd capacity than most of the Wrestlemania's in recent years. There's only so long before it simply 'being WWE/Wrestlemania' isn't enough to get people excited or to attend.

Very few people are resonating with the wider audience, in my view. And those from a wrestling background don't appear to be in a position to help translate an idea or intention to the ring/interview area in a meaningful way. At least on RAW & Smackdown.

Hypothesis: If I could make a suggestion to those in the company it would be get Paul Heyman, Dutch and anyone else with wrestling experience who has steered a product with some success, who is part of the company, lock them in a room with Vince, Stephanie and Triple H and say " tell us who's winning the Rumble, show us your Wrestlemania card now and let us brainstorm ideas as to how to get there".

Is it possible to say that more in the roster would be over and positioned stronger going into Mania? That there would be more interest in the product rather than just tuning in because it's Wrestlemania?

Edited by uklaw

I'd stop all the wrestlers doing promos permanently, and just have a few undercard Neighbours actors come out and deliver them instead (you could have Detective Steiger for Reigns, Kim Timmins for Neville, etc). We could re-live the Joe Scully-Karl Kennedy feud by proxy, or even get them in a tag team match. Ratings.