The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Also, Reid Flair is someone who the WWE put footage on screen when Ric Flair was on a pannel (without warning) and Flair sobbed uncontrollably. Reid Flair dying in the manner he did (Ric found him dead, which is horrible) is such a raw thing for that family. Its not like Paul Bearer. Where the family knew and those who knew he knew that he'd have loved being in a main event angle after he died. This was a kid who we have no frame of reference to. It should never have made air.

• Paid Members

I'm definitely in the minority opinion that it was a good segment overall, thought Paige delivered some dodgy material really well, but I wouldn't begrudge those offended, completely understand that reaction.

I mainly thought it was telling though how even in a moment like that where you should have real life compassion for Charlotte, there's something about her that's still so intensely unlikeable.

Edited by Benno

I don't blame the girls or anything, but even if WWE didn't think to consult the mother surely Charlotte would have mentioned it to her before hand and given her some warning? I can imagine it would have been hard to watch, but at least with some warning she could have either prepared for it or just not watched it

I don't think anyone is blaming the women for anything other than poor delivery.

The issue that most seem to have is using the real life death of someone who didn't even make it past their mid 20s, seemingly without the permission of one of their family members, to garner some extremely cheap heat for a wrestling angle of which it has no reason to be mentioned

Edited by WyattSheepMask

It seems Lana had chimed in about it being tasteless on twitter but Paige responded by telling her to stop fishing for a storyline.  Then Lana claimed Paige bullied her in NXT. Lana has since deleted the tweets. This is actually more interesting than her feud with Charlotte.

• Paid Members

The lasses shouldn't get the blame. It was a bit all over the place though, terribly shoehorned. Paige or Charlotte could have surely said something about being uncomfortable with it. If either of them thought this idea was grand, then they are both a bit daft. You can bring reality into a storyline, but with one week you barely have the time to even process it. No buys. It also got lumped in the third hour as WWE have almost given up trying. They main evented, but it was circumstances because of that.

Saying it's just wrestling is bollocks as well Ricky. I understand defending your daughter, who was clearly trying, but it was bollocks. Who were the big names?

EDIT: Lana is the next Sable. She'll be suing them eventually and we'll get Rusev in PCW.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Paige or Charlotte could have surely said something about being uncomfortable with it.

You dare not speak up against anything, Vince on Austin's podcast himself pretty much gave that impression (shortly after also claiming nobody was stepping up to grab that brass ring). I don't think anyone will complain about what material they're given and they'll just get on with it.

To be honest, aside from the needless insensitive comment I thought it was a good skit in itself. Actually piqued my interest for their match.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

That Reigns/Cesaro match was the dogs bollocks. That was a proper match that. Cena, Owens, Rollins and Ziggler have kind of turned WWE this year somewhat into the "big move kickout big move kickout" style of matches. Reigns and Cesaro though have put on endless cracking matches all year however. In-ring they are the two stand outs. 

Ziggler/Ambrose is the first Ambrose match I've liked in ages for similar reasons. Mat wrestling and psychology. Great stuff.

That discussion that went on before hand should have ended with nixing that comment being made in the promo. Yes, it's wrestling, but there are places to draw the line- I don't blame Paige for this by the way, more whoever decided it was acceptable to throw that line in.