The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators

I am happy with the suit also, myself. But there is probably a middle ground where he can dress up a bit more but still in Corporate gear.

Like braces but no shirt. Hah.

Maybe just a nice belt and a snazzy pair of two tone spats.

Do we have a conversation about someone's clothes every week after RAW on here? I think we do.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
I am happy with the suit also, myself. But there is probably a middle ground where he can dress up a bit more but still in Corporate gear.

Like braces but no shirt. Hah.

Maybe just a nice belt and a snazzy pair of two tone spats.

Sleeveless tux?

I know Taker's brittle and old, but seriously, Lesnar looks weaker than Miz did at WM27. And he really shouldn't be allowed to speak- what is it with him where every time he tries to yell, his voice cracks like a 12 year old boy?

One F-5, one steel chair to the back... surely they can do the Kimura in a safe way? Right now Brock looks like a name guy just thrown in there to give Taker a match at WMXXX, as opposed to the heated feud I imagined when they first teased this at UFC 121.

Raw overall was pretty average. Loved the first half hour though, the Steph/Orton/Batista segment was quality. Big Dave looked right at ease ripping into Steph (wonder if he ever has), and everyone seemed quite natural and confident on the mic. The fatal 4 way match was a terrific way to follow up a hot, chaotic opening segment with a hot, chaotic wrestling match. The Brooklyn crowd were brilliant.

So, the Andre battle royal... were Arnie and Joe presented as actual participants in the Hogan segment? I walked out of the room and don't know if the comment was made in jest.

The Shield... ahh man, not feeling them as faces. Ambrose has too seedy a look about him to be sympathetic, and while Rollins and Reigns have potential, they all hammed it up so horribly in playing to the crowd for that table spot. Can't help but feel like this face turn will be looked back on as a bit of a misstep if they continue on this path.

Also, really hope someone on screen comments on the irony of the New Age Outlaws wearing suits. Looked really odd.

• Paid Members

Looking at it, are they going to risk Undertaker getting hurt 6 days out from WrestleMania? Has Undertaker taken a bump leading into Mania in years? I cant remember if he did anything last year. I might have taken an urn shot and did the rolling on the should bump, but taking an F5 is a different thing altogether. Next week, surely its going to be talking between Lesnar and Taker in the 2nd hour and Bryan returning as the final segment on Raw. They really shouldn't have done this angle this week. I just dont see Lesnar getting any offense in before Mania.

Saying that Punk vs Undertaker had a horrendous build. The worst he'd done in years, so maybe they think the build doesn't matter and the match is all people remember. Which is true in fairness. Bray and Cena and the title match were far more dependent on the build than the part timer match.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

On the flip side, Cena/Wyatt had a fantastic week again. I had no faith in them being to able to build this, but Cena's showing plenty of weakness and I'm well up for this one, nor do I know who will win. Perfect.

I think it's as clear as day that Cena is winning, agree on the build up though it has been great thus far.

• Paid Members

Arnie might have been the greatest wrestler of all time if he got into it back in the 70s or 80s. Having the greatest physique ever would have been a good start of course, but watching him work the crowd on Raw was magnificent. He got as big a pop as Hogan did and that was in Hogan's town. He's an amazing man. He just pisses charisma. I thought the ring was going to melt when Arnie and Hogan were verbally sucking each other off. Not a bit of subtly between them either. Just over the top jacked up larger than life characters. Great blokes.

Poor Miz, though. He was the smallest bloke in the ring out of two actors and a bloke with a spinal implant. But I suppose being in the ring with Arnie and Hulk was better than what he's been doing recently.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

To echo Ian there, it was fucking majestic to see that amount of man in Hogan, Arnie and the utterly gorgeous Manganiell, adorn the ring.

Also, is it official now that Bray Wyatt harbours a supernatural gift akin to Undertaker and Kane?

Savage segment, has to be said. Very, very enjoyable.

• Paid Members
Also, is it official now that Bray Wyatt harbours a supernatural gift akin to Undertaker and Kane?

Savage segment, has to be said. Very, very enjoyable.

Like Undertaker/Kane, I'm sure they'll play that up when it suits them. The Wyatt's have always had that about them, but they've really went crazy with it during the past couple of months. It's good, though. Makes them different and you've got a ready-made feud with The Undertaker, whenever they fancy it.

It's incredible how much all three men have improved since their WWE (re)debut. All three of them were rank in the ring; I remember somebody on here saying Bray looked like some rubbish Indy wrestler during his abysmal Inferno match with Kane, which was pretty accurate given how he handled himself. No idea what happened, but they now look and perform like a top of the card act.