The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

He's probably the only man I do - or would - enjoy seeing doing Emma's dance. More so than Emma herself, even. Regal, I mean.

I think JBL will be around as long as fans keep chanting his name at random points in the show. The E would interpret that as his being over, I reckon.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Moderators

JBL completely ruins Raw for me, noisily asserting his terrible "I'M A HEEL" persona over the top of everything.

I read a great point on another forum that said how, back in the day, Heenan or Ventura would make their heelish comments, and Gorilla would say "Would you stop" and that'd be it. Now, every little interjection results in a loud five minute argument about who's right.

• Paid Members

They were really crap during that end angle. Its sort of a blessing we are in the era where Vince wants the announcers to shut up when something serious is going on, but they still cant help themselves. "How can you justify this" "I'm not justifying it, Michael. You said *blah* and I'm saying *blah*" "But you said *blah*" They just go on and on for hours on end. Cole and JBL love to hear the sound of their own voices and after years of taking abuse, Cole has settled into the role where he knows nobody is going to say shit to him. So JBL and Cole just go off for hours on end pumping out their own agenda and their own references and in-jokes. Its always great to hear someone else join them. Like Zeb who is class. Road Dogg is great when he joins the table. But, I love Road Dogg and my standards are so low after hearing Cole, JBL, Tenay and Tazz for years I dont even know if he's a great announcer or if its like seeing Dev play a doctor in Nick Hancock's Holding The Baby. Where things are so rotten you are just pleased to see someone you know and like. 4 hours of them will be a chore. I hope they are on form.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Yeah. Road Dogg is good. Brad Armstrong was too on ECW. If the world didn't hate Shane Douglas he came across brilliantly a colour man whenever he'd do it on WCW for the odd match and TNA Xplosion.

• Paid Members

Oh, Shane Douglas would have been the greatest commentator of the 2000s. He was a tremendous announcer in ECW when he did the odd show in 1998. He had that amazing voice. TNA wanted rid of Don West for years, and they had Douglas there. At one stage they had Douglas doing backstage duty at one point. Shame everyone hates him these days. A great deep Jesse Ventura-style voice he has, and a great evil cackle.

What was that PPV he did when he was injured? Heat Wave 98 I think.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I know most people hated Booker T on commentary but I quite liked him. He came out with some mad bollocks often but he seemed genuinely excited when he called matches rather than JBL who just moans about stupid nonsensical shit and ruins everything by trying to argue.

I'm hoping they put Road Dogg or Christian on commentary in the future. Both could add absolutely loads.

Edited by LaGoosh

What I hate most about JBL's commentary is when he attempts to end any arguement with "Oh Wah Wah Wah!" he might as well blow raspberries at Michael Cole as well. His whole "Black Helicopters, Area 51" routine whenever conspiracies are mentioned also grind my gears. He just says the same stuff over and over and over.

Yeah the commentary is pretty dire these days. JBL has a catalogue of things he says every week that just add nothing. "We've got a flying Uso" every week. "Alberto Del Rio is Mexico's greatest export" every week. He just talks over the other two and is pretty unbearable. Lawler is just there as the grandfather who makes stupid jokes and adds nothing. I'm actually enjoying Saxton and Phillips on Main Event.

Do you think HHH inserting himself into the title picture is a way for them to introduce Sting as the GM? Basic story could be the board of directors are unhappy with the COO being so active and they basically say as long as HHH insists on getting involved in matches and screwing other wrestlers the board of directors are going to have somebody else in control of Raw and Smackdown, cue Sting for the night after Mania

I'm not a huge Bryan fan. So seeing the main focus of the product being regarding Bryan isn't something I'm enjoying. It also doesn't help that the Authority Storyline has gone on for far too long and it's been pretty dull/shit for the most part. However I thought Triple H was fantastic this week on RAW and came across as a right prick. On the other hand I thought Bryan was just not good enough. I just don't see much in him and the way he has booked over the past few months hasn't helped him for me. He just doesn't come across as a bloke who's desperate to prove himself, have a fair shot and is pissed off about the way he's been treated. It's just like here I am, I'm a good wrestler and a nice guy. It's very biased this, as I'm not a big Bryan fan.

On another note WOAH! Bray Wyatt's promo was excellent. He just comes across really unique, dark and mysterious. Every promo is different and is like nothing you've ever seen before.

They've had to book themselves out of a bit of a corner with D-Bry vs The Authority. They obviously realised the potential in the angle and decided to temper it a bit and pick things up for the 'Mania run in and for the most part the momentum has built back up.

All this talk between Bray and Cena about destroying his legacy and seeing who Cena really is, leads me to believe this could be the feud that turns Cena heel. Maybe turning on Hogan at Mania? I'm probably just blowing dust off a broken record, but just something about the things Bray was saying.

All this talk between Bray and Cena about destroying his legacy and seeing who Cena really is, leads me to believe this could be the feud that turns Cena heel. Maybe turning on Hogan at Mania? I'm probably just blowing dust off a broken record, but just something about the things Bray was saying.

Cena is still the biggest merch seller by a long way. As long as he is, he is not going to be a heel