The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
While I agree, I think HHH is too big a part of the story not to be involved in the main event, so I expect some overbooking - my guess is HHH runs in at some point in the match, with someone (HBK, Reigns or even possibly CM Punk) coming out for the save.

Why put him in two matches if he needs saving? The idea would surely be he overcomes all of the odds by himself so there is no excuses from the Authority after WrestleMania. This is Bryan's moment. Not Punk's or Roman Reigns, and definitely not Shawn or Hogan. I doubt they will be anywhere near the match. I still see HHH coming out to try and interfere in the title match. The last shot will probably be Bryan doing the "YES" chants and Triple H on his knees pulling a face. Any interference on the part of Bryan defeats the object of why he's got the odds stacked against him. WrestleMania is to make up for all them nights he got doubled crossed and fucked out of his big win. To make good, Bryan should be the only one in that ring as the night ends. He shouldn't need any help.

I don't mean coming in for the save to help him win the match - purely to prevent outside interference from HHH, so that the match is kept fair. Say Bryan has a close call, but HHH pulls out the ref, then twats Bryan with a chair. Bryan just kicks out, the match continues, and HHH goes to interfere again, but eats a superkick/spear/Punk kick to head outside the ring, while Bryan gets the job done in the ring.

• Paid Members

I can totally see, and actually want now, Bryan beating HHH clean, only for HHH to enter himself into the main event anyway as one final last ditch attempt to stop Bryan winning. Like a proper old school last boss, gotta beat him twice for the best ending.

Eminem is finally working with WWE... about 11 years too late. 13 year old Shane would have creamed himself if Marshall Mathers had agreed to work with WWE in some capacity and subsequently did an angle with "Dr. of Thuganomics" John Cena. In all seriousness, "Legacy" works very well as a Wrestlemania theme and it made for a lovely Cena/Wyatt video package on Raw.

Oh, right, the show. Really, really, good. It's taken a bit of shuffling, but we have a really compelling Big Four now. Cena vs. Wyatt and Bryan vs. HHH are both positioned as major events. Batista and Orton seem like an afterthought right now but I'm okay with that. Great work by Heyman as usual selling the match, but I really hope in the next couple of weeks Lesnar physically gets the better of Taker on Raw. They need to sell him as a bigger threat to the Streak, Lesnar's character needs that physical edge, not just promos and videos leading up to the big match. The one bit of physicality has seen Brock get put through a table with ease, he needs to even the score to make the whole thing seem bigger. His character should pounce at the first opportunity for revenge. There's still time, and I understand limited schedules, I just feel it's been a bit too talk heavy, and needs a shot in the arm.

Steph has received credit for her work in the last 2 weeks, and it's been tremendous heeling, but it seems like the only time she's a convincing actor is as a heartless, controlling bitch. Take from that what you will.

And they are pushing the fuck out of this battle royal. Not a chance in hell it goes on the pre-show. I'd say show-opener due to time constraints, where they can run a bunch of entrances at the end of the pre show.

Absolutely feels like Wrestlemania season now.

HHH is way too much of a knobhead to not stick his fat arse in the main event in some capacity. No part of me is ever going to believe he's going to let Bryan have him off and just leave it at that. The thing is though, it makes total sense if he does, presuming they let Bryan get a feelgood moment over him and the world of dogshit that he's been living in twice, Stephenie, Orton and Batista. Everybody's an insecure wreck at the moment thanks to one little troll faced gremlin, and seeing the lot fucking implode at Wrestlemania and setting up a summer of feuds between the lot of them thanks to Bryan kneeing every cunt in the face would be perfect.

I like HHH inserting himself into the stipulation of the title because even though most of me thinks it's totally telegraphed to fuck that Bryan's going over, this whole meta-bastard thing he's got going on guarantees a lot of people are completely convinced the big leathery tit is stupid enough to try and steamroll over the lot of it just so he can prove himself as the ultimate heel or whatever and then go for the payoff at Extreme Rules or something so everybody forgets about it. I am fucking terrified about the outcome of both matches. It's brilliant.

A lot of overbooking being discussed. I cant see anything past Bryan beats Triple H and wins the 3-way. Anything else will be just another big overbooked headache.

Maybe so but this has added a whole new dimension everything.

The way things were before Monday we all thought Bryan was leaving with the title no question.

Now many will be second guessing.. The ego maniac soon to be owner of the WWE now with the title in his sights again has even more to fight for makes it even more exciting.

Excellent work WWE.

If they're going to give Daniel Bryan his moment at Wrestlemania, I can't see any other way than him beating Triple H followed by Triple H putting himself in the title match anyway, only for Bryan to tap him out for the 2nd time in one night.

From there Orton can blame HHH for losing the title, Triple H can make Batista the 'face' of WWE. Then Batista will probably get the title himself after a couple of PPVs.

I know, I'm the worst fantasy booker ever.

• Paid Members

Found this on YouTube from when raw went off air last night

Undertaker helping john cena from the Wyatt's

Edit - please move if this belongs in the YouTube thread

Edited by Gallybagger

• Moderators

Triple H was the star of this episode. Fantastic stuff both at the start and end, but particularly at the start with Batista and Orton.

I'm so excited by wrestling at the moment that I even laughed at one of Lawler's shit jokes last night. (the commentary is really dire though at times, isn't it?)

It was interesting character development that Bryan's apparent seething hatred of women meant that even when getting the life beeaten out of him he managed to make a horribly sexist comment, not just at the woman slapping him but women everywhere. The WWE is quote right that he shouldn't be champion. Stephanie should. Hopefully my Positivity Posse will beat off Daniel Bryan's sexist Negativity Brigade.

Edited by Vamp

• Paid Members

Have to echo the comments above about being excited about wrestling at the moment.

For the first time in years I'm on wrestling sites daily looking for news and I'm giddy for Raw each week.

It really is an interesting time, and I just hope they don't blow this potentially fantastic transition with shit nonsensical overbooking.

Triple H is a wonderful cunt.

• Paid Members
Triple H was the star of this episode. Fantastic stuff both at the start and end, but particularly at the start with Batista and Orton.

He was very good. Rare you see a beat down like that in modern wrestling. I was stunned they did the chair thing. Usually they dont even want to hint at the chair going anywhere near the head even if its obviously not hitting the person (in case it gives any one some silly ideas), but it was shocking. I heard Brea Bella turned up after the show went off air. Would have been a nice touch if that was on TV.

I really like that they (at the moment) seem to have gone down the route of turning all 3 Shield members face, I would really like them to continue as a face group until at least the summer, although I suspect that at least Ambrose will be going heel either just before/after Mania.

A Shield/Evolution programme after Mania culminating with a no DQ six man at Summerslam or something sounds wonderful though.

As for Mania, I'm warming to a Reigns/Kane singles match more than ever on the undercard now, with Ambrose/Rollins going in whatever the tag title match ends up being.

Edited by The King of Old School