The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Owen Hart vs. Davey Boy in one of the best matches in Raw history?

That was in Germany though, they were both babyfaces really with more leaning towards Bulldog. Not really accurate to say it was a heel v heel match from the fans' point of view.

Edited by Metallica

• Paid Members

Red Shirts vs Blue Shirts again. Fuck me. Well I guess we knew it was coming, but Jesus it just doesn't fit with anything that they do all year. When they have a PPV with this idea, it's an alternate universe for 3 or 4 weeks while it all goes on. I hated it. The whole Survivor Series line up looks dreadful as well other than the match between the tag champions. Anyway, enough negativity. 

The six man tag at the start of the show was really great.

Drew Gulak and Enzo actually did a brilliant job with that promo prior to the 10 man tag, it actually made me interested in the cruiserweight match, which isn't easy. 

Booker-T. He's bloody dreadful at commentary, however I think he's got into that lovely territory now of where he is so bad that he's hilarious and interesting. He hasn't the foggiest of ideas what is going on, nor does he care one iota about figuring it out. Fair play Book.

Heyman cut a good promo, and I think he described exactly what we were all thinking about the Jinder/Brock match. 

Oh and Elias. I tell you what, Jason Jordan will be feeling that guitar shot for weeks. Ouch. 

22 hours ago, Metallica said:

That was in Germany though, they were both babyfaces really with more leaning towards Bulldog. Not really accurate to say it was a heel v heel match from the fans' point of view.

Also they had been building tension between the two for ages. Bulldog was on the verge of turning face for a while and Owen was constantly being a dickish heel, trying to steal the spotlight.

It was only after reuniting with Bret that they were both full on heels again.

• Paid Members
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:32 PM, westlondonmist said:

Outside of Japan I have not seen the heel vs heel 1 on 1 work.

Jackie Pallo vs. Mick McManus

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, WeeAl said:

Red Shirts vs Blue Shirts again. Fuck me. Well I guess we knew it was coming, but Jesus it just doesn't fit with anything that they do all year. When they have a PPV with this idea, it's an alternate universe for 3 or 4 weeks while it all goes on. I hated it.

It's so shit, like mindbogglingly wank. The worst and laziest booked thing they've done all year and it's been a bad year. I mean, I'd even prefer to watch Bray Wyatt's tranny gimmick over this.

• Awards Moderator
10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'd even prefer to watch Bray Wyatt's tranny gimmick over this.

I'd forgotten all about that! Viral meningitis my arse, he just couldn't find a dress that fit.

• Paid Members

Drew Gulak doing Enzo's promo was the highlight of the RAW. I'm glad they've finally realised how hilarious he can be and given him something to work with.

Balor losing to Kane is the fucking worst. Epitome of the "wins and losses don't matter" mentality. They seem to approach every feud, and every show, in complete isolation, as if nothing that happened before matters. Coupled with the Red Shirts vs. Blue Shirts shit, it's obvious that WWE have no interest in booking long-term storylines, they barely have any interest in booking a wrestling show, they just book for the highlight package.

• Paid Members

Of course Balor losing to Kane like that is nonsensical and stupidly counter-productive, but it did get a pop and a chuckle out of me just because I knew what reaction it would get online and also because I can't be doing with Finn at all. He's been absolutely toss on the main roster- unconvincing in everything he does.