The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, D@mm said:

If they persist with Jordan and turn him heel with him leading to a competitive match with Kurt Angle at Mania then I think they could have a legit bad ass main event heel.

Based on what?

• Paid Members

I still think that the whole Jason Jordan angle feels like when they were backed into a corner and had to announce Hornswoggle as Vince's illegitimate son - like they had a plan in mind, it fell through, but they still had to announce something. Even by the lax standards of WWE booking, I just can't grasp the logic of them giving a relative newcomer such a hyped up, massively significant storyline reveal, only to go on to do absolutely nothing with him. He's functionally identical to any other midcard babyface, the fact that he's Kurt Angle's "son" is irrelevant.

They do the odd thing, like having Elias kick out just before three but the ref miss it that might have been intentional, and could be used to suggest that Jason Jordan is being given unfair advantages by Kurt, but they're so few and far between, and with so little attention drawn to them, and I just can't bring myself to believe that the WWE of 2017 is capable of that kind of subtle, long-term storytelling while also giving the poor sod absolutely nothing to work with on a week-to-week basis.

I've been convinced since the start of the angle that it's a ploy by the Authority to get rid of Kurt and regain control, by manipulating evidence to falsely show that Jordan is his son, and then contriving situations in which Angle can be seen as giving him an unfair advantage, so Triple H and Stephanie can swoop in and say, "he's unfit to run this show", and we get Triple H vs. Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania. But then Stephanie just rocked up on RAW and threatened Kurt's job anyway, so apparently she can just do that now.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Based on what?

He is great in the ring, he looks like a superstar despite his rubbish but also brilliant in it's own way attire.

They need to give him a manager, maybe bring up someone from NXT to be his valet, give him win after win, mostly by cheating, have him win the MITB and then take it from there.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, D@mm said:

He is great in the ring, he looks like a superstar despite his rubbish but also brilliant in it's own way attire.

They need to give him a manager, maybe bring up someone from NXT to be his valet, give him win after win, mostly by cheating, have him win the MITB and then take it from there.

Or because the rock did?

There’s absolutely nothing to say he would be an amazing heel. 

I think him turning on Angle is ultimately the best way to go with the storyline at some point, there’s nothing that says he’ll be ‘legit bad ass’ at it.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, D@mm said:

How is any of this an indication that he could be a legit bad ass main event heel?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, D@mm said:

He’s not great in the ring though. He’s okay, and he throws a good overhead belly-to-belly, but there was a reason he was more suited to being in a tag team and that’s because his best attribute by miles and miles is his super fun, anthletic hot tag.  

He’s never really translated that into a fiery comeback as a singles wrestler though, and turning him heel would remove it entirely. He’d be left with almost nothing.

He's never ever shown any indication whatsoever that he could be a passable heel, never mind a, “legit bad ass man event,” heel.

They probably will turn him heel, they don’t have many other options at this point, and of course it might somehow miraculously work, but to say he’s ever shown glimpses of being successful in that role is nonsense. So far, everything he’s done not involving Chad Gable has been absolute garbage. At his core, he’s one of those boring, generic athletic types that’s a throwback to how they used to recruit guys. He’s a pushed, main roster version of Tino Sabbatelli.

Edited by Supremo

Yeah I was thinking he could be a killer technician wrestler similar to Kurt Angle was when he was doing a serious wrestler gimmick. But yeah he doesn't look like a bad ass.

Maybe they could have him align him with HHH and have him as a cocky heel like Randy Orton was when he started in Evolution.

29 minutes ago, Supremo said:

He’s not great in the ring though. He’s okay, and he throws a good overhead belly-to-belly, but there was a reason he was more suited to being in a tag team and that’s because his best attribute by miles and miles is his super fun, anthletic hot tag.  

He’s never really translated that into a fiery comeback as a singles wrestler though, and turning him heel would remove it entirely. He’d be left with almost nothing.

He's never ever shown any indication whatsoever that he could be a passable heel, never mind a, “legit bad ass man event,” heel.

They probably will turn him heel, they don’t have many other options at this point, and of course it might somehow miraculously work, but to say he’s ever shown glimpses of being successful in that role is nonsense. So far, everything he’s done not involving Chad Gable has been absolute garbage. At his core, he’s one of those boring, generic athletic types that’s a throwback to how they used to recruit guys. He’s a pushed, main roster version of Tino Sabbatelli.

So just a shitter Shelton Benjamin really

I thought Jordan's matches against Roman and Cena were really good. He's not far into a singles career so has potential to be great in that regard. The charisma looks to be his issue though, it really is a shame American Alpha went the way they did as the most charisma he's shown was with his dynamic with Gable. Regrettable stuff all around really, with the mishandling of AA and this silly Kurt Angle, uh, angle. Reminds me how much I can't stand this Smackdown vs Raw shit, as this time last year Usos had just turned heel on Alpha setting up one of the most intriguing stories on either show at the time, but because it was brand supremacy season that got cast to the side and more-or-less forgotten about. Usos took ages to gain that momentum back, and Alpha never did.

On another note, surprised I've not seen anything here about Pete Dunne's debut. So happy and excited for the guy, but pissed off they botched it in production somehow. Dunne's music hit, then Kurt comes out all like "guess what I'm about to announce?". I'm guessing they were meant to hit Kurt's music first and made a mistake, but if so they should have called it on the fly and just sent Dunne straight out there. Instead it's slightly spoiled what was one of my most anticipated moments WWE had to offer. The initial pop seemed good though, though I've read they fiddle with crowd volume for these pre-taped shows, so maybe it was even better in person?

Was it a proper debut though? Or was it just because they're in England? A bunch of the U.K. lads worked 205 Live last night too. Obviously it's great exposure for him, but I'm struggling to get excited about as a 'proper' debut because chances are it was just to pop a UK crowd and he won't be seen on RAW again until they come back next year

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I reckon it's probably a one-off, but it also tests the waters for him down the line. It'll be interesting to see whether he is sent to NXT first (it'd obviously do him good), but it wouldn't surprise me if he leapfrogs it entirely.

Also, he's surely the best hope of finally having a British world champion in WWE.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Yeah the Dunne music and then having Angle wander out took me out it for a moment. Can only think the pop would have been bigger with Angle's music first, or even him just coming out first and then announcing him. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Was it a proper debut though? Or was it just because they're in England? A bunch of the U.K. lads worked 205 Live last night too. Obviously it's great exposure for him, but I'm struggling to get excited about as a 'proper' debut because chances are it was just to pop a UK crowd and he won't be seen on RAW again until they come back next year

The way a lot of BritWres types have been talking about it on Twitter, it sounds like a proper debut. But then, he's also been announced as defending the UK Title against Johnny Gargano in a dark match before TakeOver, so who knows?

Speaking of which - is this the first instance of a non-Brit challenging for the title? Could be a sign of it moving into being a secondary belt for NXT - get the strap off Pete Dunne if he's going to RAW, without him having to drop a match on TV en route to winning the Cruiserweight Title? Then hopefully scrap the Cruiserweight Title shortly after so he can be better integrated into the roster as a whole.