The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Of course Balor losing to Kane like that is nonsensical and stupidly counter-productive, but it did get a pop and a chuckle out of me just because I knew what reaction it would get online and also because I can't be doing with Finn at all. He's been absolutely toss on the main roster- unconvincing in everything he does. 

Yeah, I've really started to wonder this week what the big deal is with Balor. His match VS Styles was good, but far from brilliant. Nowhere near the level I was expecting, nor the level some fans are claiming it was. He's clearly a good hand in the ring, but hasn't stood out as anything special, even during his NXT matches VS Owens. Overrated as far as I'm concerned.

44 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I bet he was getting punished for the 2 sweet gesture at TLC

That'll explain why AJ won his matches on Raw and Smackdown and why he was constantly bigged-up by both Angle and Shane this week.

Why would either be punished for that, after WWE issued a cease and desist to non-WWE guys? They probably encouraged it, as a 'fuck you' to the Bucks. Plus, they've been doing the gesture on TV since Styles and the good brothers' debuts. The announcers even referenced that they both led the same faction in Japan during the match, which surprised me.

Balor has something, possibly just the leather jacket, but he is a great example of the tendency of certain fans (that's right I'm talking about DEM WANS!) to think certain wrestlers are super workers because they sort of look/feel like they should be.

Reigns is the opposite of that, in that he actually is a super worker but gets the you-can't-wrestle chants because he's physically imposing and never worked the indies.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Reigns is the opposite of that, in that he actually is a super worker but gets the you-can't-wrestle chants because he's physically imposing and never worked the indies.

Couldn't agree more. It's madness how he gets these chants considering how friggin' good he is in-ring. It's because he never wrestled to 60-minute draws with a fat Chris Hero in mid-south 15 years ago, basically.

• Paid Members

Balor is just super contrived. I think it was was Pitcos that described his entrance as "Triple H told me to do it like this" and he's bang on. It can be used to describe every action he makes in the ring. When he was in NXT, it always annoyed me the loooooooong pauses he would do after every word in his promos and he's only marginally better now - marginally. He's a perfect example of why I find it hard to get too invested in 99% of the full-time roster.

Compare him to a maverick like Enzo. It's hilarious how better at big time wrestling Enzo is, despite a lack of Japan points.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

That'll explain why AJ won his matches on Raw and Smackdown and why he was constantly bigged-up by both Angle and Shane this week.

Why would either be punished for that, after WWE issued a cease and desist to non-WWE guys? They probably encouraged it, as a 'fuck you' to the Bucks. Plus, they've been doing the gesture on TV since Styles and the good brothers' debuts. The announcers even referenced that they both led the same faction in Japan during the match, which surprised me.

Balor instigated it didn’t he? 

• Paid Members

I just assumed it was them doing 50/50, again. AJ lost on PPV and won on Raw, so, of course, Balor needed to lose on Raw, seeing as he got his win at TLC. Plus, they want to make Kane look somewhat formidable when he goes up against Braun.

Wins and losses mean nothing gents. It's because The Rock, or something.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Add me to the "Balor isn't all that club." I know that he's got shit loads of experience on the Indies, and I've heard he was great in Japan, but on the big stage he just looks like a kid pretending to be a wrestler(to me anyway.

On the opposite side of the coin, I'm really liking the look of Elias Samson. The bloke is a heat magnet at the minute(the little smirk he did when he did after his "mock the hometown hero" bit was great), and I think his look is great. I can see the lad moving up the card quickly...

Balor really isn't all that in my mind, and that's from someone who tries to follow the indies/Japan and supports plenty of that generation. Only matches he's had that have wow'd me have been triple threats or 4 ways with other great workers. vs Rollins & Miz and that #1 contenders match a few months ago spring to mind as great, but never in a singles match. In my book his best match was at Wrestle Kingdom 7 with Ibushi and Low Ki - and that had Kota fucking Ibushi and Low Ki wrestling in a suit, of course it was good. The idea he's some kind of AJ equivalent couldn't be more off though.

Loss to Kane is still baffling frustrating nonsense, mind.

Edited by sj5522

Put me down as another who isn't a fan of Balor. Not quite sure what it is but some good points made about him. I think the fact he is on every week doesn't help, with a gimmick like his (and Bray's to an extent) you can get away with keeping them exclusive to PPV's almost in a way that The Undertaker/Brock are used. They don't need to wrestle every week and with the gimmick they don't need to always be in storylines, a month or two off here & there would do them wonders.

Enzo on the other hand I really do like, great charisma and shame he isn't a bit taller otherwise he could be such a star. I couldn't even care if he can have 5 star matches, his talking and character is enough to draw me in. Also liking Elias, just a shame he is stuck with Jason Jordan every single week. Always thought he could add something to the Wyatt Family, although maybe not at the moment as the others seem to be lost in limbo. 

Decent enough Raw for what it is, not sure what to think of the end, different but did kind of make everyone on SDL look like heels which looked silly for some of the faces. Biggest problem is that you have faces & heels teaming together against faces & heels, you got the 'WWE Universe' who have no clue who to cheer for & people fighting alongside each other and against others who they have either had issues with or have had close ties with. If both shows were different and a bit more distant it could work, but its pretty much no different to the WWE video game, selecting random wrestlers and fighting with no purpose or meaning. 

Edited by Briefcase

I haven’t seen loads of Finn pre wwe , but what I did see he was a cocky on the aggressive heel . And it seemed natural and flowed. Any nxt/wwe matches I have seen it looks like he’s thinking ahead all the time to what to do next. Isn’t natural to him playinb the squeaky clean good guy 

• Paid Members

Imagine if they committed to every push the way they do to Kane time and again? They have with Strowman and he's doing alright but everyone else its so stop start. Not Kane though.

Kane destroys the tag champs - and 2/3 of their hottest act. Balor beats the former tag champs on his own pretty much but is then immediately put in his place by Kane while we're reminded that Kane destroyed him last week too. Oh, and Kane got to destroy Daniel Bryan too.

Don't know how the show came off live but in the fast-cut YouTube form it seemed quite good with the cutting between matches and the backstage melodrama involving Angle, Miz, Strowman, etc. It seemed to weave a nice story together. I can't honestly say I give a shit about Survivor Series but got to give them credit for trying, including Angle wrestling again.

• Paid Members

Joe is back looking like a bad dude, so all is well. I'm assuming they're going to be keeping him strong for another Lesnar match or for when Strowman is done with Super Kane.

I thought Stephanie was good on this. In small doses, she's a good heel.

Edited by ColinBollocks