Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

It felt a tad rushed is all, so it never felt like things were allowed to breathe in the manner they should have. That aside it was a good episode and thought the death scene with JSnow was inspired because you were wondering for a brief second who killed who.

Bran becoming king dick is hilarious. Proper Brock Lesnar shift he's put in.

• Paid Members

TBF to Bran, he had to spend several of his formative years hanging out with Anne Frank and that ageless kid, and then The Exorcist and some Bratz dolls, in a magic tree. He's been through the ringer, Sydow trying to get him to play chess all the time, and taking him to all the sex scenes from earlier seasons but then intoning "we must leave" just before the tops came off. And now Sansa tells everyone he has no willy.

I actually rewatched the first 5/6 episodes prior to the end. Not for any reason other than the plan to go through it all again and see what I missed.

Ā 

I found the ending to be much more fitting by watching it, looking at the boy that was Bran in the first episode and even him after his fall, the interactions with Tyrion back then to Tyrion pushing him to be kind actually fit together much better as it was fresh in my mind (as was the donkey into a brothel line). Dani's viscous side is much clearer at the beginning than I remember too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, hallicks said:

She was positively dripping with rage.Ā 

I'm not sure....

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

Dani's viscous side

.... viscous tends not to drip.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

Is Jon Azor Azhancnrifidjneiscn (sp) then? Did they not have to stab their lover through the heart or some such?

I think to be preoccupied with that is to veer into Book Wanker territory a little. The show made lots of mentions of 'The Prince Who Was Promised', but from what I remember, on the show this was only meant to be someone who ended the war or saved the light or something like that. Which means you could interpret it as lots of people - I have a feeling Melisandre probably reckoned it was Arya by the end since she killed the Night King.

The main message I'd take away is that to the show, prophecies aren't really that important. Your deeds are more significant than your destiny - see Daenerys' end for that. Plus the fact they didn't exactly beat you over the head with PROPHECY PROPHECY PROPHECY on the show. I know people who hated the finale - and now hate the entire show from its beginning by extension - because it didn't fulfil, in detail, all the prophecies referenced in the books. Which is silly.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

Is Jon Azor Azhancnrifidjneiscn (sp) then? Did they not have to stab their lover through the heart or some such?

I took it as it being Arya after Beric sacrificed himself so she could escape. It seems he was brought back to life all those times to make sure she would survive to killĀ the night king.Ā