DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Once Upon A Time In Hollywood too. I was amazed the ending came when it did because it felt like it should have went on for another hour, given the run time.

Brad and Leo have tremendous chemistry and I hope we get the pair of them together again. Brad also gets his tits out which gives any film an extra star or two.

Not sure it's his best ever, but definitely deserving of all the praise.

• Awards Moderator

About fifty times I thought about messaging @Astro Hollywoodto see what he thought about it given the Manson connection.

What do people think about the

(discussion about a real 60s / 70s film star that is portrayed by someone else) 

Bruce Lee fuss? I think it's great fun. Establishes Cliff as a bad ass, Bruce himself is fun, and after all we never saw the third fall.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

About fifty times I thought about messaging @Astro Hollywoodto see what he thought about it given the Manson connection.

Hide contents

Bruce Lee fuss? I think it's great fun. Establishes Cliff as a bad ass, Bruce himself is fun, and after all we never saw the third fall.

On the one hand the scene was pretty entertaining but on the other I thought it was an unnecessary low blow. It felt like a real cheap shot when you consider how little representation there is of Asian Americans in film. The only Asian American genuine super star is figuratively pissed on and intentionally demeaned.

As for the rest of the film I feel like it could have been tighter with a little editing but overall I really liked it. The ending was lovely as was the rest of Sharon Tate stuff.

Brad and Leo were absolutely outstanding together and infinitely watchable. I'm looking forward to see it again but what I'm really looking forward to is the four hour mini series version.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Haven't seen it yet. They're not showing it anywhere near me. But I thought the Once Upon... Manson actor's portrayal of him in Mindhunter was the best onscreen Manson to date.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

Caught Hacksaw Ridge on tv earlier. Thoroughly enjoyed it even if the CGI was very patchy which threw me off a bit at times. They could make people’s legs blow off and have bullets whizz through skulls but Andrew Garfield standing in front of a green screened Japanese horizon looked like something from the video for Boys & Girls by Blur. 

On the up side, the bullets hitting the helmets made a very satisfying “ding” sound. 

• Paid Members

Stranger Things.  

Will Byers is awful and I want to shout at the tv every time he appears and someone doesn’t just kill him. I’m only near the end of Season 2 but he’s an absolute burden that has long overstayed his welcome. I know he’s a kid, but he’s a strong contender for punchable faces too.

Edited by FelatioLips