DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

37 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I'm sure that 95% of the gags are in the trailers.  It does stretch the "they don't know that they're sex toys" gag but the running time stops it from snapping (like a banjo string).  I though it was alright and a decent chuckle, but not a patch on some of the recent coming of age films.

I liked Booksmart a lot, but I much preferred Good Boys. I’ve not seen Eighth Grade, and I didn’t get on with Lady Bird. 

Ooh, not a coming of age film, but I watched half of Journeyman and really liked it. The DVD kept skipping though, so I sent it back.

I was thinking about going to see Good Boys but then I saw "From the people that brought you Bad Neighbours and Sausage Party..." and my mind was made up for me.

Finally got round to seeing Blindspotting last night which I really enjoyed. Never seen Daveed Diggs in anything before but thought he was excellent and just oozed cool. Then I googled him and saw this:

Daveed_Diggs,_White_House,_March_2016.pn

Ah, well. Never mind. Good film though.

4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

I was thinking about going to see Good Boys but then I saw "From the people that brought you Bad Neighbours and Sausage Party..." and my mind was made up for me.

Finally got round to seeing Blindspotting last night which I really enjoyed. Never seen Daveed Diggs in anything before but thought he was excellent and just oozed cool. Then I googled him and saw this:

Daveed_Diggs,_White_House,_March_2016.pn

Ah, well. Never mind. Good film though.

That’s his alter ego. Dwayve Diggley

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I won't believe the positive reviews until @Hannibal Scorch takes it down a notch for not being true to the source material or something.

I have a small awareness of Dora the cartoon, the trailers suggested typical summer kids guff, however, hearing it compared to NewManji means I’m gonna have to check it out

• Paid Members
Just now, johnnyboy said:

It's better than that, although the jokes are much funnier if you're familiar with the cartoon.

As I said, I was too old when Dora started, just no little bits, but certainly intrigued enough to give it a watch

Also it’s 20 minutes shorter then Avengers Endgame, yet felt like it lasted 4 hours. 

Really? I've seen it twice and it flew by both times. Its definitely going to be a movie that splits people. Seen such wildly different reactions to it. Which is good I suppose. He's really the only filmmaker alive today who can still open a huge, original movie and have everyone talk about it. (Nolan as well)

Just now, Factotum said:

Really? I've seen it twice and it flew by both times. Its definitely going to be a movie that splits people. Seen such wildly different reactions to it. Which is good I suppose. He's really the only filmmaker alive today who can still open a huge, original movie and have everyone talk about it. (Nolan as well)

How did you feel about The Sharon Tate stuff? I was trying not to cry through a lot of it. I felt really sad during it.

I thought it was really well handled. I think the fear was it would appear exploitative, but he really did a top job on it. I've seen some criticism that she's not in it enough, but I don't think he ever planned it to be a Sharon Tate film. She's sort of like a ghost in the background.

The end is also brilliant. I know it'll split people, but I loved it.

That's so intentional though. The fact that she's not in it much plays it so well. And yeah, I did laugh at the end, while two middle aged women were stone faced. I thought it was great. People who say "oh that was horrible" read up on what they did to Sharon.

And this song was so fitting: 

Edited by TheToeSucker