Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

On the subject of Killing the Town, the episode I'm listening to just started with an advert for Ikea that specifically directed me to visit my local store in Cardiff. How easy is it to geo-target ads in a podcast? Don't think I've seen it before.

57 minutes ago, Au said:

On the subject of Killing the Town, the episode I'm listening to just started with an advert for Ikea that specifically directed me to visit my local store in Cardiff. How easy is it to geo-target ads in a podcast? Don't think I've seen it before.

Well it isn't part of the podcast. The podcast would stop and then an advert based on your IP address location would play before the podcast resumed. 

• Paid Members

I cant wait for the day when Podcastone tailors your ads to your location featuring the sound of your podcast host. Having Austin come on and say "And where do I buy my disposable razors? That's right, Poundstretcher, just past the Stadium of Light and into the City Centre. Use the discount code "Cheap Mackem" for 20% off."

I find Storm really irritable, in the sense that he seems to have almost no social skills, he does that awkward laugh when Cyrus cracks a joke but it's almost like he thinks he should be laughing but isn't sure why. He's such a weird bloke but not in a good way, reminds me of Arnie's character in the Terminator. I gave up on the show a while back.

Austin rang up some random bloke that had e-mailed him on the unleashed show this week, he was on his lunch break at work and they waffled on for ages!!! Has Teddy Fowler got the hump cos he sold the ranch or what, something seems off there. 

• Paid Members
On 27/04/2017 at 11:14 AM, Liam O'Rourke said:

All still good - been hammered by schedules the last two weeks (Old Man Jones having to work nights every day this week, for example). Next week we'll be back with a Rebooking show, and the week after that we're thinking of doing a RuView of Bash At The Beach 2000 with Matt Holt on the panel, as he was there live. And the week after that...will be the Death of TNA show.

That bonkers Destination X with non stop gimmicks is calling out for a RuView at some point. 

In celebration of the 'House of Horrors' match tonight at Payback, we took a look back at some more wrestler-specific gimmick matches on this week's Royal Grumble (Be aware - most of these are The Undertaker). We slop through Hog Pens, dig our way out of being Buried Alive and climb our way out of the Punjabi Prison amongst many others, plus there's reviews of Progress Chapter 47 and a dramatic reading of excerpts from the Vince McMahon biopic draft. Enjoy it all here: https://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/gimmick-match-galore-caskets-hog-pens-and-prisons/

• Paid Members

On the subject of Killing the Town, they have a Chris Candido tribute show going up this week. Should be a great listen, it's the second tribute episode they've done after the Bad News Brown one a month or so back (which was excellent).