Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

C56217DA-2DA0-4F46-BC95-B29357FE7501_zps

Yeah, HHH looks terrible for his age. Sure hope I don't look that rough when I'm 47.

Clearly he is in great shape as is VInce McMahon as were the others he mentioned like Big Show and Goldust and Kane and The Usos.

With McMahon he was meaning in the face. The last time he saw him was 2002 and Vince was in his 50's and this was 2014 and his first time seeing him again and he thought Vince aged quite a lot. I think the same way about Triple H when you see his face, he does look older, he is looking his age but that's nothing to do with the shape they're in. Clearly they're in great shape, I wish I was in that kind of shape.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scotswizard said:

Clearly he is in great shape as is VInce McMahon as were the others he mentioned like Big Show and Goldust and Kane and The Usos.

There was a time when bigshow was little more than an anthropomorphic block of lard. 

• Paid Members

Lads, do any of you have a link to TIJ 184 (Jericho's 25th Anniversary) show? I had it ages ago and can't find the stick it was on and I want to listen to it in my car on lunch and I'm snookered here now...

Edit - It's grand, I found it. Went onto Player FM and used that Video Download Helper add on to take it down. This technology lark with apps and add ons is lovely, isn't it?

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, TATTA said:

Alright so, Resonance 104.4 FM in London, arts radio station, we had this show come in called Novara FM - They decided to frame Triple H vs Rollins from WM as the normalisation of neo nazi iconography. It broadcast on the 7th April 2017 - banging on about how its all nazi symbolism and label pro wresrtling trash culture. You can listen back on mixcloud, but its laughable how they paint it.

There was then a response from the wrestling show on Resonance FM

Didn't Alex Shane write a bonkers column for FSM years ago about Triple H using Nazi iconography, and talking about subliminal messaging and the Illuminati and all that shit?

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

What's happening with SCG at the moment? All been a bit quiet on that front this month, other than their Mania review show. We've not had a good old Liam discussion-starter thread on the forum for ages!

All still good - been hammered by schedules the last two weeks (Old Man Jones having to work nights every day this week, for example). Next week we'll be back with a Rebooking show, and the week after that we're thinking of doing a RuView of Bash At The Beach 2000 with Matt Holt on the panel, as he was there live. And the week after that...will be the Death of TNA show.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

All still good - been hammered by schedules the last two weeks (Old Man Jones having to work nights every day this week, for example). Next week we'll be back with a Rebooking show, and the week after that we're thinking of doing a RuView of Bash At The Beach 2000 with Matt Holt on the panel, as he was there live. And the week after that...will be the Death of TNA show.

Sounds good, looking forward to all those! Cheers for the reply.

• Paid Members

What sort of career did Cyrus have in wrestling before the WWF/ECW stuff? Was he any kind of draw or a name? 

I'm kind of new to Killing the Town, but if you only listen to that you'd think he was a master worker and a huge draw back in the day.  I snorted with laughter the other day when I heard him say that only 3 or 3 people in the WWE are over, whilst kind of implying that he would be if he was currently there. 

I appreciate he's probably just working the listeners and my reaction is exactly what he intends, but I'm just curious about his past work and credentials. 

3 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

You lads are stretching this build to the death of TNA show like its Emmalina! 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

What sort of career did Cyrus have in wrestling before the WWF/ECW stuff? Was he any kind of draw or a name? 

I'm kind of new to Killing the Town, but if you only listen to that you'd think he was a master worker and a huge draw back in the day.  I snorted with laughter the other day when I heard him say that only 3 or 3 people in the WWE are over, whilst kind of implying that he would be if he was currently there. 

I appreciate he's probably just working the listeners and my reaction is exactly what he intends, but I'm just curious about his past work and credentials. 

Wasn't anything special - worked the indies in Manitoba, and not much else.

He held WFWA's version of the Canadian Heavyweight Title five times - though looking on the Wikipedia for that belt, the biggest name to ever hold it was Jim Brunzell for less than a day in 1993.

Other than that, because I'm bored enough at work to go trawling through Cagematch, it looks like he had an IWA feud with Rick Martel in 1994, and a couple of matches with Ultimo Dragon and "Doink" for the same promotion in 1996 before signing with the WWF. If you took his WWF and ECW runs out of the equation, his match history looks the same as just about any other indie no-hoper - matches on paper aren't everything, but I've never seen anything to suggest he was a draw.