Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

So after the general mania of WrestleMania season, we settled down to watch a film on the podcast this week - specifically WWE Studios' "Countdown", the cop film with Dolph Ziggler and Kane. Was interesting to say the least (we even had a cliche counter) but there's plenty of directly wrestling-related stuff on this week's show also, including reviews of ICW and Fight Club Pro as well as a general discussion of what Jinder Mahal might mean for the FUTURE OF THE BIZNESS.

Give it a listen here:Ā https://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/grumble-film-club-wwe-countdown-jinder-mahal-and-fight-club-pro/Ā - and enjoy!

So I just got done with those Paul Roma interviews from Steve Austin's podcast. What a fantastically deluded idiot.

Bret Hart told him that Power & Glory "there's no-one better than you guys. You guys are great, you're the best tag team I've ever seen". Bret Hart, the guy who that took himself so seriously and onceĀ said him dropping the belt at Survivor Series 97 would be "a blow to Canada", there's no way Bret thought any tag team was better than one he was in.

SD Jones telling Roma on a tour of Australia that "they (he & Roma) were more over than Hogan was in the States". Come off it lad! And even if that was true, Hogan was still a billion times more over than you do imagine how over Hogan was in Australia.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I think what people seem to forget is that as time goes on, the biggest storytellers in wrestling do forget things. People forget things and what they don't know they make up and so it's hard to really know what the truth is sometimes and know if they are being really genuine. As most people know I'm a huge fan of Vince Russo's and he's mellowed out now and knows what he's doing with the podcasting but I remember back in 2014 when he first started his original website and he first started doing those audio only shows and then he had to learn how to record video and you could tell everything he said was completely genuine. So many things that came out his mouth, asking why Goldust and The Usos are on TV at 10 o'clock at night and how Paul Wight The Big Show was wrestling in the WWF when he left in 1999 and laughing about it and he can't believe what he's seeing. And Kane. He couldn't believe Kane was on TV in 2014 either and there's a ton of other stuff that was hysterical because you could tell he genuinely had not watched WWE in over 10 years. And then he thought Vince McMahon looked rough and was looking his age. He was in his 50s the last time Russo had seen him in person. It is funny the first time round when you get genuine reactions and then as time goes on they find their feet and realise they need to watch what they're saying. I remember one off the cuff remark he made about how he isn't out to bury anybody but are you kidding me? You think I couldn't tell you some of the things I saw Vince McMahon do and things that went on there that wouldn't bury that company in the dirt? Just little things like that early on that were never expanded upon. I know he mentioned recently how bullying did go on backstage at the WWE and we wouldn't believe some of the people that were the bullies and I know he mentioned how Triple H made fun of Jim Ross's Bells Palsy to his face back in the 90s and that Vince McMahon also mocked him to his face and Jim never done anything about it.

Ā 

Ā 

It would be nice for people to really upon up on what goes on in wrestling but they never will and you will never get completely unbiased opinion. Everything has spin on it.

Ā 

Ā 

And now that I am thinking of people's ages and looks, Triple H looks rough as fuck too. The years have not been kind to him. They're all getting old now. Getting too old for the wrestling.

• Paid Members

In fairness, Triple H lost some of the magic when he cut his hair and decided to tape up both fists. I thought, like his pals Shawn Michaels, X Pac and Undertaker, he'd do the time honoured thing and keep the hair long after he looked like Francis Rossi.Ā I can understand the resentment.

Ā 

Alright so, Resonance 104.4 FM in London, arts radio station, we had this show come in called Novara FM - They decided to frame Triple H vs Rollins from WM as the normalisation of neo nazi iconography. It broadcast on the 7th April 2017 - banging on about how its all nazi symbolism and label pro wresrtling trash culture. You can listen back on mixcloud, but its laughable how they paint it.

Ā 

There was then a response from the wrestling show on Resonance FM

Ā