Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

I just noticed that this morning and downloaded it, but haven't got listening to it yet. As it's a glorious day outside and I'm in the doghouse with the Mrs, I might get listening to it later on when I take the dog for his tenth walk of the day.

We've launched a new show, which hopefully you will enjoy!

We're still doing the regular episodes packed with interviews (most recently we were backstage at Lucha Forever and coming up we have interviews with an Impact Special with Josh Matthews and Rockstar Spud) but our new show is called 'You Just Made The List' (yes, we know, gimmick infringement) and it's co-hosted by WCPW's James R.Kennedy AKA Jamie Kennedy from WhatCulture. 

It doesn't work without audience participation, as our listeners/followers pick a topic and then they vote to make a 'Top 10 List' - Now, do you get the show name?? :) - first up was Undertaker's top 10 Wrestlemania matches: https://audioboom.com/posts/5887060-episode-29-you-just-made-the-list-the-undertaker-at-wrestlemania - click the iTunes link on the page to download.

We'd appreciate thoughts/feedback and you can vote for the topic for Episode 2 below...

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, TheBuzzardsPod said:

We've launched a new show, which hopefully you will enjoy!

We're still doing the regular episodes packed with interviews (most recently we were backstage at Lucha Forever and coming up we have interviews with an Impact Special with Josh Matthews and Rockstar Spud) but our new show is called 'You Just Made The List' (yes, we know, gimmick infringement) and it's co-hosted by WCPW's James R.Kennedy AKA Jamie Kennedy from WhatCulture. 

It doesn't work without audience participation, as our listeners/followers pick a topic and then they vote to make a 'Top 10 List' - Now, do you get the show name?? :) - first up was Undertaker's top 10 Wrestlemania matches: https://audioboom.com/posts/5887060-episode-29-you-just-made-the-list-the-undertaker-at-wrestlemania - click the iTunes link on the page to download.

We'd appreciate thoughts/feedback and you can vote for the topic for Episode 2 below...

I like the idea for this, will give this a go I think!

I'm working through the 'Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard' podcasts from the start and enjoying them on the whole.

But today I listened to the Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy lobe triangle episode and it is the worst podcast I have ever heard of any kind.

I'm not anti-Conrad. There have been times where you can tell Bruce is holding stuff back and withholding stuff and Conrad calls him out on it.

But in this episode I believe Bruce is being honest throughout, yet Conrad gets the hump when Bruce doesn't know or remember tiny little details that geeks like us remember but Bruce just doesnt have an answer for.

For example:

Conrad: "In the Summer of 2005 they were all on the cover of Raw Magazine. They had to have shot that well in advance..."

Bruce: "I don't remember that. What were they doing in the picture?"

Conrad: "Double fucking penetration, what do you think they were doing?!"

Bruce: "I mean were they together in one shot or..."

Conrad (Interrupting): "Let's just move on to fucking Summerslam".

Bruce accurately explains the reasons for Matt being fired early on, but Conrad keeps going back to it finding different ways to make his point that "the guy who got cheated on gets fired and the married man who did it gets a push".

The way they are on totally different pages throughout just leads to a really unpleasant discussion.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If you want the audio version of nails down a blackboard, listen to Konnan, Mark Madden and Disco Inferno discussing footy on the Konnan podcast. Three know it alls who talk shite as usual.

That's very disrespectful.

19 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

It's still my favorite podcast.

Same here. It can be a bit messy some weeks and the editing must confuse a lot of new listeners, but always an entertaining few hours.

When Bruce Prichard went on Vince Russo's podcast a few years ago, before Russo was on Podcast One Russo tried to get him to admit a lot of things he told Russo in person. He called Russo all weekend trying to stop Russo from airing the video and audio of it, trying his best to back out of it and for it not to be heard and Russo let out the whole thing. For instance Prichard had told him many times at TNA that Stephanie and Triple H wanted rid of him and he knew that for years but he always loved Vince McMahon and when they day came to let him go, it didn't come from Vince but Prichard wouldn't say that on the air and Russo called him out on it, you still me this stuff face to face for years, you told me all the things they did to you and now you're not wanting to badmouth Stephanie or Triple H? And then Prichard comes out with how Jim Ross gave the Rock the nickname The Rock when it was Russo that suggested it, not wanting to upset Dwayne because that's what his Dad was called and at that time his Dad still did the odd match, not wanting to upset the family, same with the third person stuff, it was Russo that told him to try speaking in the third person. The Rock was one of the only ones on the entire roster that would sit and go over the script all day long with Russo making sure every word made sense but Prichard will have you believe that credit goes to other people. Russo also got him the job at TNA because he felt sorry for him after being fired from the WWE and he wanted help writing TNA, within a few weeks not only did Bruce Prichard get his job at TNA but he had worked DIxie Carter into making him Vince Russo's boss. So Russo gets him the job and then he ends up within a few weeks being Russo's boss and Russo says he knew what was going on, it was just like being at WCW again, people say one thing to your face and then you're in a cramped locker room, you can see and hear them talking about you to other people, in that case it was Dixie Carter.

But Bruce Prichard always spoke about his love of Vince McMahon, he loves the guy so that's why you have his podcast the way it is and that's the way many podcasts are. A lot of people are waiting on the phone to ring. They want one last run, one last pay day. They don't want to burn any bridges at all or upset anyone. Of course they hold back. Very few are gonna be 100% honest and say what they really think of people.

And that's the wrestling business. That's why Russo walked up to Lance Storm in the middle of Wrestle Con in front of his handlers and the fans and put his hand out for him to shake it.......Lance Storm said nothing. He talks shit on Twitter and in interviews but says nothing in real life. That's what wrestlers do. They talk shit behind your back and say nothing to your face and when you confront them? They do nothing. The workers are the same way. Prichard is the same way. Tell you one thing to your face, a completely different thing behind your back. As Russo rightly says, wrestling people are the most paranoid people in the world. They are paranoid. From day one they are programmed to think of themselves only and get themselves over. It's me me me me me. Always them first. and they will scratch and claw and dig their heels in the dirt and fight to keep that payday rolling in every week. That's how the wrestling business is. Uptight people that are paranoid. Prichard is the same way although he does tell good stories. It's not their fault. It's the wrestling business that programs them this way. They are programmed to think of the pay day and who's paying the pay day, can't upset anyone, can't step on any toes. Don't want to rock the boat.

Isn't that kind of the point though? In the wrestling business you can only take everyone and everything at face value. You can only believe what you are told and what someone might tell you could be completely different to other people. Even people who you think are your friends can be talking behind your back, in this case, not only taking the job you're offering but in the ear of the owner and trying to get a better job with better money where you are now the BOSS of the person that got you the job in the first place. And you still have to smile. You still have to be nice. That's the wrestling business. Everyone playing nice. Everyone watching their back. Everyone trying to get ahead of everyone else and you're all holed up in those locker room areas backstage and you all have to mingle and be around each other and walk past each other and that's the kind of atmosphere you have.

• Paid Members
On 2017-5-7 at 4:46 PM, dopper said:

I'm working through the 'Something To Wrestle With Bruce Prichard' podcasts from the start and enjoying them on the whole.

But today I listened to the Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy lobe triangle episode and it is the worst podcast I have ever heard of any kind.

I'm not anti-Conrad. There have been times where you can tell Bruce is holding stuff back and withholding stuff and Conrad calls him out on it.

But in this episode I believe Bruce is being honest throughout, yet Conrad gets the hump when Bruce doesn't know or remember tiny little details that geeks like us remember but Bruce just doesnt have an answer for.

For example:

Conrad: "In the Summer of 2005 they were all on the cover of Raw Magazine. They had to have shot that well in advance..."

Bruce: "I don't remember that. What were they doing in the picture?"

Conrad: "Double fucking penetration, what do you think they were doing?!"

Bruce: "I mean were they together in one shot or..."

Conrad (Interrupting): "Let's just move on to fucking Summerslam".

Bruce accurately explains the reasons for Matt being fired early on, but Conrad keeps going back to it finding different ways to make his point that "the guy who got cheated on gets fired and the married man who did it gets a push".

The way they are on totally different pages throughout just leads to a really unpleasant discussion.

Wait until you get to the Sunny episode Dopper, quite the level of detail they go into in the content of that show really surprised me.

The Edge/Matt/Lita episode is one of the few I haven't yet listened to. The others I have still to hear are Piper, Angle, Montreal, TNA Part II and The XFL episode, which I've started. 

I have to say the intro's have got a hell of a lot better with the newer episodes containing Prichard's impressions. Ig Conrad could drop the pause that would be that bit sorted. It always takes a loy of time to actually get to the subject matter as well, but that's no different than most podcasts, so many of them have that much at the start that it would put you off trying out a new show if you were already in two minds about giving it a shot.