Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Listened to 4-5 Raven podcasts on the bounce in work last week, its got better. Raven mentioned on there that Jericho told him he needed to talk more wrestling so you get wrestling chat/stories mixed in with some random bullshit. Its a passable hour. 

Anyone know what happened to Johnny Swinger though? The new host Busby is alright, his fake laugh is excruciating though.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

My insult to the Keepin It 100 show was more directed at Mark Madden than Disco and Konnan. I like that podcast a lot. Especially because they have a million feuds going on with different people. Best thing about it is you arent pressured to listen to the full thing. Its in segments, so you can pop in and out whenever you feel like it.

20 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Anyone know what happened to Johnny Swinger though? The new host Busby is alright, his fake laugh is excruciating though.

I believe Raven said he'd have a revolving door of co-hosts. Swinger was only on it for the first few. He said he wanted Sinister Minister and Nova to be co-hosts with him as well.

Chad Damiani is his current co-host. He was WCW's internet man, and did WCW Live with Borash, Konnan, Disco, Madden and Bob Ryder. Pretty much the first wrestling podcast.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Yeh, i didnt like the Keepin It 100 format at first but ive grown to love it. Im a patreon as well now so i get some decent extended segments through that.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Just kip to the Cornette one, probably the most I have laughed since I bought Step Brothers on DVD. Fucking George the Rat :laugh: "and, and GODDAMN he was siiiiiiiiick"

Yeah the Cornette one is one of my favourites so far. Cornette is such an odd fucker. The type of oddball you'd expect someone to be who's never had a real job and has spent all their life in the wrestling business. 

The George the rat bit was just amazing. 6 weeks off work to grieve a dead rat, for shit's sake! Then you find out the thing was laying in state (in Cornette's freezer) like he was Elvis or something until he could have a "proper burial". I'm still thinking Bruce had to be on wind up with that story. It's too good. 

Oh and it doesn't surprise me one bit that Cornette spent his first stag do sitting in a room, completely sober, watching wrestling. 

• Paid Members

I have been tempted by Konnan's Patreon for a while, but at about three hours long the regular episodes are really throwing out my weekly podcast listening rotation as it is. I used to listen to every single episode of Austin and Colt Cabana, and most of Jericho's. Now I'm over a month behind on all of those because it is taking me longer and longer to get round to listening to them.

I'm in the same position with the Prichard podcast. It just keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the pile and I've got a 2 month backlog now. Doesn't help their topics seem to have taken a nosedive in terms of what I'm interested in.  In terms of weekly shows I just about manage to fit in Konnan, Storm/Cyrus, Schiavone and the Pollock/Ting shows every week without fail. The Lawler show is a nice easy listen too so I've been listening to that as well.  Austin, Cabana, Jericho, Ross, Prichard and X-Pac are entirely dependent on the guest/topic now, and I've completely given up on Raven, Cornette, E&C, Bischoff, MSL & Sullivan and Russo.  The volume of shows now is absolutely insane. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

What do you get on patreon? Is it worth the fiver?

Its less than that, think i pay £2-something a month, the extra episodes are made up of extended conversations they had and they some extra bits cuts from interviews/segments. It's not essential but if you really like the show it might be worth it. There is a more expensive tier that just allows you to take part in a live call-in show.

With Russo worth listening to again I'm having to drop other podcasts too, Brucie bonus shows don't help either as that's another 2 to 3 hours a week. I even have two episodes of Athletico Mince just sitting there waiting to be played.

Patreon's a good little tool, I use it to support a couple of youtubers and would support Konnan too if I thought I had the time to listen to all the extras.

Something to Wrestle has reached a post-conciousness period, where both Bruce and Conrad have become far too aware of the formula for their success.

It seems Conrad in particular is trying too hard to get his catchphrases over, "I love you for that" "role tide" etc.

And Bruce is constantly getting his shit in on every episode with the impressions and so on.

It feels like the last few seasons of Friends where the actors knew what worked and overdid it to the point that the characters became caricatures of themselves and no longer authentic.

STW has not even been on a year and it is already becoming a smug caricature of itself.

It's another show that gets listened to on a case by case basis. Im just a bit sick of hearing Bruce's impressions of certain people. Anytime Conrad says "what would Jerry Jarrett say about..." its the same joke every time, which isn't that funny either. Even Peter Kay has two jokes

Edited by WyattSheepMask