Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Isn't that true though? If a man has something to say to you they should say it to your face and Cornette leaves out a lot of important things, yes Russo invited him on his podcast and he did with Bischoff and he would go on theirs but the debate he is talking about was meant to be face to face. Russo asked Sean Oliver of Kayfabe Commentaries to organise an event with him and Cornette where they would be standing face to face and Jim could say everything he's said behind his back to his face and then Russo could give his reply. It was meant to be on iPPV for $10, all the money going to the Cauliflower Alley Club for the retired wrestlers who have no pension or medical insurance that could really use the money and of course Jim loves that. Jim loves all those wrestlers doesn't he so why not give them some money? But Jim mentions Skype, like a webcam, it was always face to face and the offer is still there. I'm sure most of you know Kayfabe Commentaries, they do tons of good shoot interviews and are very professional, much  better than RF Video.

And all these things Jim says and Bischoff says have never been said in real life. From 1995 through October 1999 Jim Cornette never once said any of this to Russo, Russo worked at TNA for 10 years, not a word said. Bischoff never said a word at WCW or TNA. What Russo says about wrestlers and wrestling people is true. They don't say anything to your face. A wrestler isn't going to hit you. He told Bill Goldberg when he wanted to turn him heel if you're gonna hit me when they were in catering. What did Goldberg do? Nothing. Cause wrestlers and stooges never do anything. They walk around paranoid, paranoid they might lose their money, lose their job, they don't do or say anything in real life. Why didn't he say or do anything all these years?

And is that not what all of you would do in real life? If someone threatened to hit you wouldn't you tell them to go ahead and do it? If someone had something to say about you and in Cornettes case months back, his daughter and wife and sons wouldn't you tell that person to say it to your face? Of course you would, if you were a real man you would.

And Russo is right, Jim should be angry. He used to laugh with McMahon in McMahon's kitchen at Jim's 1970s wrestling ideas. He replaced Jim at the WWF for 5 years. He worked at TNA with his friend Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantel, Dixie Carter got rid of them and kept Russo, 10 years he worked there. Jim should be angry losing his job twice. What about Bischoff? He got sent home 1999 and replaced by Russo, why? Cause the WWE was doing so well. Wouldn't any of you feel the same way if you lost your jobs to someone else? Course you would so they should be angry but be men, say it face to face. And I think Cornette talking of suicide and months back about Russos daughter was out of line, then again I know him and his wife don't have kids, I don't know if there's medical issues there and maybe she can't have kids, then again some people don't want kids but I found that very odd indeed. And he's right about the wrestling business being a joke. It is. Cornette and Bischoff always wanted to work in it, Russo got a job in it cause his video stores weren't making any money because of Blockbuster video. Imagine that. Imagine losing your job to someone who didn't even wanna be there. Literally walking in off the street and they end up doing your job better than you. Of course they're bitter.  They are  lifers. Lifers in the wrestling business.

• Paid Members

He told Bill Goldberg when he wanted to turn him heel if you're gonna hit me when they were in catering. What did Goldberg do? Nothing. Cause wrestlers and stooges never do anything. They walk around paranoid, paranoid they might lose their money, lose their job, they don't do or say anything in real life.

There's nothing "paranoid" about thinking you might lose your job for punching a colleague at work. That's a rational thought process that the vast majority of us share.

Edited by BomberPat

But that's the whole point, he didn't like what he was being told to do and was huffing and puffing and that's why he said to him, if you're gonna hit just me get it over with. Do any of you do that at work? Do any of you start huffing and puffing and acting tough when you're told to do something you don't want to do? No you don't.

At Wrestlecon last year Vince Russo walked up to Lance Storm, another guy that bad mouths him all the time and said to him I'm sorry you hate me but I was always a fan of yours. Lance sat there with the people that was with him and said nothing. The only thing between them was a table of 8x10 photos. Lance Storm said nothing to his face, the only other one at the convention was Jim Duggan and for whatever reason Jim Duggan left at lunch time and Russo couldn't get to him prior to that. He didn't know he was only there for so long. They don't do nothing to your face and that coulda been settled easily. Bill Goldberg coulda got a hold of Russo in the parking lot, at the hotel, coulda dragged him down a street where no one would see and beat him up. Lance coulda done the same thing and said meet me outside where no will see. They didn't do it cause they're wrestlers. They are paranoid.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, scotswizard said:

Russo asked Sean Oliver of Kayfabe Commentaries to organise an event with him and Cornette where they would be standing face to face and Jim could say everything he's said behind his back to his face and then Russo could give his reply. It was meant to be on iPPV for $10, all the money going to the Cauliflower Alley Club for the retired wrestlers who have no pension or medical insurance that could really use the money and of course Jim loves that. Jim loves all those wrestlers doesn't he so why not give them some money?

WTF are you on about? It was Cornette's idea to go face to face with Russo on PPV for charity. I heard him say it 2 years ago on his own Podcast. He publicly said he'd be up for a face to face debate, but didn't want Russo making money off it, so suggested it be for charity. 

Is Russo now saying is was his idea and Jim refused? Because that's literally the opposite of what happened.

48 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

There's nothing "paranoid" about thinking you might lose your job for punching a colleague at work. That's a rational thought process that the vast majority of us share.

Unless you're Jeremy Clarkson.

oh yeah, don't feed the troll etc.

I will find the audio and video of Russo making that challenge. This is Cornette responding to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDG9Iu0CYbE

Of course he keeps talking about Skype, Skype and webcams. It was nothing to do with it. Jim Cornette loves wrestling so much surely he would go for the Cauliflower Alley Club? All the wrestlers that are retired, many who have health problems, many can't even pay their bills. Russo said surely Cornette wouldn't say no to this, he loves them that much right? He goes there every year for the big dinner and talks with them all. Why wouldn't he want to raise money for charity infact the big story at the time Russo made the challenge was poor Kamala living in a basement with no legs. Surely Cornette wouldn't want Kamala getting that money? But of course Cornette makes it sound like a skype conversation or a podcast conversation when infact it was a live event, filmed on iPPV with Sean Oliver and Kayfabe Commentaries who both men have worked with many times. The only provision Russo had was that out of the money raised, they would pay Sean Oliver for his flights and the camera crew and pay for the room they would hold the face to face confronation in so that it wasn't costing them any money, the rest would go to the Cauliflower Alley Club and at $10 a pop they would have raised plenty.

As Russo says many times, wrestlers are actors. They are actors. Even Brock Lesnar is an actor, they do what they are told to do. Bill Goldberg was earning millions at WCW, they would never have fired him so that's why after all those conversations about turning him heel, in catering that day it came to a head, he was huffing and puffing across the table and Russo said to him, if you're gonna hit me hit me and get it over with. Russo's not gonna win a fight with Bill Goldberg, he's gonna end up with a sore face or a broken nose or broken jaw. He was right to say that. If you're gonna hit me hit me. No different than what any other man would do in real life. If it happened to you in real life and you were talking calmly to someone and you could see them getting angry with you what would you do? I know what I would do, I know what most people in Glasgow would do. You want to fight me? Hit me? Come ahead then, I'll let you get the first shot in and then whatever happens. That's the truth.

And what about this.

screenshot_20170608-013043.jpg?w=600&h=2

That's another reason Jim is angry.

Dreams!

Let's talk about dreams. And i'll include you lot in this cause I'm sure amongst you lot some of you had ambition at some point in your lives, maybe it was a long time ago but you had it. I'm talking about normal people. What are dreams? For most people it's getting a good job. At least £300 a week in wages. A nice house. A nice woman. Some kids. A few holidays abroad per year. Being happy. Having good friends and a social life. Having hobbies. Wanting to wake up every day basically. Waking up and wanting to get up.

But this?

Wrestling is a joke Jim. It is. Grown men talking like that about a make believe TV show is something to laugh about. I'm a wrestling fan myself for 30 years. I don't care about the wrestlers or the companies. It's TV. It's free TV. It passes the time. That's all it is. But these people, they take it way too seriously. My life is neither up nor down depending on what happens on a wrestling show.

And as far as calling me a troll or this phrase "don't feed the troll", ffs it's nearly 7 o'clock at night. Go and feed your kids or your wife or something. Don't sit and argue with me over wrestling. Go and read the kids a bedtime story, go and help the wife wash the dishes, if you're single and have no kids then ffs get on the dating sites and start meeting people. Come on. You're only alive once. One and done. Don't waste your life calling me names about a make believe TV show. Time to get out and meet people and start living life.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

So when's the next squared circle gazette coming out anyone?

Tomorrow or Saturday I assume, that's when they normally land on podbean.