Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

yep, i agree on the Raven thing. Its pretty much wrestling stories now, lots of stuff ive never heard before too so its a good listen.

He said he'd adding an extra half hour at the end of the show to talk about random nonsence.

Bored? Looking for a review of a week old PPV? Want to find out why the phrase "We don't get hep, we stay hep" is uttered? This week's show is here: 

http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/money-in-the-bank-2017-review-njpw-g1-climax-announcements-questions-and-answers/

Also thanks to Baron Corbin's victory at MITB, we're reviewing WCW Road Wild '97 next week. So that should be fun...!

Edited by Daaaaaad!
Add hyperlink

• Paid Members

I try not to fill this thread with plugs for British Audio Wrestling, but we have Bruce Prichard on this week to promote his tour so some may enjoy that. We also talked at length about PCW, mainly inspired by the thread on here and the WWE/Sky Sports stuff I posted in Minor News. There's also reviews of OTT, Rev Pro and Jimmy Havoc being a nutter in CZW Tournament Of Death. 

• Paid Members

Speaking of Prichard, whoever voted for CM Punk in the poll deserves a punch. Essentially, Prichard wasn't around during the best parts of CM Punk's career, so he only has some inside info during his nothing ECW/Raw midcard years. Boo!

• Paid Members

Lapsed Fan found it necessary to upload 13 hours, spread over 3 parts, of Chris Benoit 10 years on.

Who even has the time? 13 hours. It's mad.

It was difficult to listen to at first due to the audio quality and awkwardness, but WHW Monday with Tony Schiavone has really hit its stride in recent episodes. Schiavone himself comes across as a likeable old pervert and seems to enjoy sharing his stories and memories. He's a lot less guarded than Bruce Prichard, that's for sure. Definitely not the bitter hack with no time for wrestling or its fans that he's been perceived to be for years.

Genuinely almost cried out with laughter at work with my earphones in when they were discussing the short lived career of Rick 'The Renegade' Wilson:

Conrad: What was your thoughts on Renegade? Just a Warrior rip-off?"

Tony: "He was... wait, he's passed away now, right?"

Conrad: "Shit, yeah..."

Tony: "Oh good, we can talk shit about him then. He was fucking awful."

Add to that some other unreal stories, like the time Tony was invited to Flair's hotel room in the middle of the night to find a coked-up Nature Boy nose deep in a ring rat's bush while she tried to initiate a three-way-dance by making a lunge for our Tony's belt, and you've got podcasting gold. The next episode deals with BATB '96 and the Hogan heel turn. Looking forward to it!

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

the best thing about the Schiavone podcast is that he's absolutely nothing like i expected him to be. Funny bloke.

I've listened to the first few episodes and been somewhat disappointing, reason being that I naively thought it was going to be a WCW version of Something to Wrestle With.  You quickly realise that unlike Pritchard, Schiavone doesn't really have an insider WCW knowledge from the time so you're not really learning anything new.  His memory clearly isn't as good as Pritchard either.

Its still an enjoyable listen if you just take it in the context of Conrad talking about the history of the subject at hand (Meltzer reports, running through the card etc), which is part of what I enjoy about STWW anyway without the insider stories.  

• Paid Members

i never actually feel that Prichard's memory is that good either, he seems to tell the version of most stories that's common knowledge anyway...i do enjoy the show though.

I think the best episodes of STWW are the two in which he discusses his TNA run at length. In those he has no issue with criticising the company, revealing little-known details and bashing those running it the way he does with WWE (understandably given his personal relationship with the upper echelon of the WWE hierarchy).

Because Baron Corbin won the Money in the Bank briefcase, we reviewed WCW Road Wild '97 this week, featuring WCW vs. nWo, Jeff Farmer vs. makeup, Jarrett vs. MONGO and the entire commentary team vs. REVVING BIKE ENGINES. Plus Fight Club Pro, LeVar and Sons and the G-1 Climax:

http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/wcw-road-wild-97-levar-ball-paige-del-rio/