Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DCW said:

Was Bailey any use on Austin's pod?

I've gotten big into Prichard's podcast despite the fact that Conrad is the most annoying, fattest sounding prick on the planet.

He cracks open a 500ml can of coke every 20 mins. No wonder he's 450lbs.

• Paid Members

I can't listen to Vince Russo at all. On anything. I was listening to something the other day about the latest Cornette vs Russo bollocks and clicked on a related video of Russo talking about it. And I quickly remembered why I never listen to Russo. Not just the fact that most of the stuff he comes out with seems like shite, but I find his voice and delivery almost unbearable to listen to. All he ever does is shout very very slowly. All the time. I don't get how anyone could sit through a whole podcast of it. It's fucking painful. 

• Paid Members

Russo is the ultimate tool. 100% full of shit and an insufferable voice, tone, and vocabulary. "Bro, bro, bro, bro!"

I never listen to him on anything. Besides the annoying voice, he's literally lying all the time so there's no point.

Edited by herbie747

I think this week was the very first time I decided not to listen to Review A Raw and Smackdown since it began. Harrington and Agnew stepping in for Pollock and Wai reminds me of Christian O Connell's pet friend Brian back in their XFM and Virgin days. 

Stopped listening to their NXT reviews mainly down to Harrington. Bartender Dave a far better co host with Agnew, sounds better and more interesting I think. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, undercover elephant said:

I think this week was the very first time I decided not to listen to Review A Raw and Smackdown since it began. Harrington and Agnew stepping in for Pollock and Wai reminds me of Christian O Connell's pet friend Brian back in their XFM and Virgin days. 

Yup binned off both the Raw and SD reviews this because those two. 

The Fight Network/LAW would fall apart without John and Wai. 

On the subject of Russo, I've been listening to him a lot lately. Not really sure what to make of it. 

It's all very car crash and he gives the impression he's very bitter and nit picks on some really strange things, whilst normally contradicting himself along the way.

I can't help but feel sorry for the bloke though. No doubt he deserves some flack and doesn't really help himself, but it seems he's the scapegoat for anyone that wants to have a pop. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

Yeah. Russo is absolutely insufferable for a number of reasons:

• His arse-licking sidekicks, all of whom seem utterly in awe, particularly Jeff Lane, who is terrified to disagree with him, even when you can tell he would desperately like to.
  • Blindly championing everything from the Attitude era (even absolute dogshit like The Oddities and "choppy choppy pee pee") while shitting on the current product and wrestlers (except those he has an inexplicable love for like Jinder Mahal (whom he refers to as "Ginger" of course).
  • That's another thing. Mispronunciation of wrestlers' names. Not only do we have Ginger Mahal, but also Baron Corbille, Dean Ambrosia, etc. Tries to make it look like it's not deliberate, but it is, and it's not even mildly entertaining. Ignorant as fuck. Even refers to Disco Inferno as Glenn Gilbernetti, despite knowing the bloke 20 years.
  • Repeating the same thing over and over. "I wouldn't be watching this if I was not paid to do so," "I DO NOT LIKE WRESTLE-ING ANY MORE," blah blah. Yeah Vince, we get it. You fall asleep during every fucking episode of Raw and SmackDown that you have to endure and you'd much rather be watching Teen Mom, which is quality television entertainment.
  • "It's a work." - Thank God Vince likes to tell us marks that every two minutes, because I thought it was real. Also, the belt is a prop, nothing more. It doesn't matter who holds it, it's just a prop bro. All you mahks out there need to GET.A.LIFE.
  • The constant lies and number-bending to suit his own agenda. Did you know that the ratings climbed up every week consistently at every week he was at WCW and TNA? No, and nor did the companies themselves - that must have been why they sacked him.

It boggles my mind that people (the little virgin marks) pay to be insulted by Russo.

14 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yet, based on the detail in your post Lethal you clearly listen to Russo on a regular basis. If he's unsufferable, why are you listening to his show?

Generally I'm only listening to the Monday show now, because I quite enjoy the format and weirdly, I quite like the dynamic that Disco brings to the show. I've got no time for the rest of the week's shows but I'll listen to them if I've got no other material (with long commutes to and from work and hours spent in the gym, there's not enough wrestling podcasts about). That, and the undeniable fact that he's somewhat entertaining on an infrequent basis, sometimes for those wrong reasons I already spoke about in my last post.

Apologies for offending you by offering a detailed explanation behind my dissatisfaction with Russo's podcasts - I should have just said it was shite and left it at that. :D

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, L_E_T_H_A_L said:

Generally I'm only listening to the Monday show now, because I quite enjoy the format and weirdly, I quite like the dynamic that Disco brings to the show. I've got no time for the rest of the week's shows but I'll listen to them if I've got no other material (with long commutes to and from work and hours spent in the gym, there's not enough wrestling podcasts about). That, and the undeniable fact that he's somewhat entertaining on an infrequent basis, sometimes for those wrong reasons I already spoke about in my last post.

Apologies for offending you by offering a detailed explanation behind my dissatisfaction with Russo's podcasts - I should have just said it was shite and left it at that. :D

Dude, WTF? You ripped on the guy, I was in full agreement with all your points, and then it turns out you still listen to his show? DECEIT!

6 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Dude, WTF? You ripped on the guy, I was in full agreement with all your points, and then it turns out you still listen to his show? DECEIT!

I know, I know. But only on Mondays! :/

I should have just said it was a swerve, but it wasn't...